Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Do people still play this game / want to play on updated server?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I was just wondering if people still play PKO actively. I tried the game and found it to be rather boring but it seams PKO2 files have been obtained and I wanted to know how interested people are in having an updated PKO server to play on?

Thanks for your time.

Attached screenshot of newest files it seams.

reflax - Do people still play this game / want to play on updated server? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's a butt ton of people who still play PKO, but most likely play on their "main" server, which has been running dedicated for some amount of years, and probably don't want to switch.

Also, these servers probably are like 1.35,1.37 cause server GM don't update server version.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There's a butt ton of people who still play PKO, but most likely play on their "main" server, which has been running dedicated for some amount of years, and probably don't want to switch.

Also, these servers probably are like 1.35,1.37 cause server GM don't update server version.

I see, so the desire for newer server is kind of nil? I do not know what the difference in the server versions is, 1.35/.37 vs 2.0

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I assume u mean 2.0 as in "Tales of Pirates II" 1.35 is just the original tales of pirates.

There also seem to be plenty of new recruits, my main server Tales of Pros Online "TOPO" gets around 2 or so new players a day (they might quit, but some stay).

If you want people on your server ur gonna want 2 things:

1. Votes on a Top 100 site, TOPO is 5th on one. When people search tales of pirates private server on google, after they are fed up with the poop game the official version is. They'll look for a good sounding server on these sites.
-------a. Gtop100
-------b. Xtremetop100
-------c. top of games

2. Make your server Non-hamachi. You'll instantly get more people then you would with hamachi.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I assume u mean 2.0 as in "Tales of Pirates II" 1.35 is just the original tales of pirates.

There also seem to be plenty of new recruits, my main server Tales of Pros Online "TOPO" gets around 2 or so new players a day (they might quit, but some stay).

If you want people on your server ur gonna want 2 things:

1. Votes on a Top 100 site, TOPO is 5th on one. When people search tales of pirates private server on google, after they are fed up with the poop game the official version is. They'll look for a good sounding server on these sites.
-------a. Gtop100
-------b. Xtremetop100
-------c. top of games

2. Make your server Non-hamachi. You'll instantly get more people then you would with hamachi.

I would never make Hamachi anything lol...

Yes 2.0 means Tails of Pirates II, looks like this below

reflax - Do people still play this game / want to play on updated server? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol. Yes.

For one, there's the newbie skill they added, in ur f1 slot there. There's treasure hunting, there's new quests, new mobs, new maps, it's a lot of new things.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
lol. Yes.

For one, there's the newbie skill they added, in ur f1 slot there. There's treasure hunting, there's new quests, new mobs, new maps, it's a lot of new things.

I see, but not really enough to warrant people to switch?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you advertised the new changes on a website, or on another's server (I'd be hesitant on adverting on another's server) you could probably get a large player base. Might take a while though, as I don't know of many 2.0 servers

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you advertised the new changes on a website, or on another's server (I'd be hesitant on adverting on another's server) you could probably get a large player base. Might take a while though, as I don't know of many 2.0 servers

I see, well thanks for taking your time to answer the questions I had, do you know of any 2.0 servers? Or perhaps do you think many other servers would update to 2.0 if given the chance?

Back