Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

downgrade process

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Kk, how to downgrade a client? Better question?
just edit the client 155 resembles 136
any version resembles any version
data, interfaces, etc

need specific questions for specific answers

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is helpful :) kk, latest server on RZ = 1.7.3 so maybe downgrade a client to 1.7.3
I have never done it, this is only my opinion which may help, and this is what i would do if i had to.

elements.data is like a database with a lot of tables which are lists? in our case, every list has columns (id, name, etc). if i would downgrade one, i would see which tables/columns are available in the client i want to downgrade to. export each of them, and maybe create a script to simply such process, to remove new lists/columns. then see if all the needed columns match in types, example: a colum that requires a string to be 128 but on my target client it's 64, you would need to adjust that too, and set all the values to that value type/limit. as for tasks.data i would just load and save as another version.

aipolicy.... take the monsters, make a list of their ai ids, see the latest, delete old ones and keep only the needed aipolicies. but the thing with ai is that it depends on npcgen.data too, if you don't have it, then that's when it gets hard, you need to mimic it.

for other data files.... i don't think you need gshop files, and domain*.data files are probably the same since their release (tw, nw and cross tw)

i hope this helps

Upvote 0
RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
this helps a little bit, thanks but we need also any1 who downgraded successfully for a tutorial (the way, the tools, etc) but since few years no one would help with this and thats very very bad ... i know ... knowledge = paying ...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also there is the elementclient executable and its dependencies , i believe that you must get the right one for the version you need to downgrade to, working with a let's say 176 to 174, if the data files are different, the elementclient may not run... as for the configs/interfaces/surfaces it can be difficult a bit/time consuming to debug to put the rights files in place, but it's best to just have them, the rest is copy/paste.
i am busy lately, when i get to try the 173/165, i'll share some of my work here, hopefully we can make a full working guide for everyone.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
There is no one way...

It's a long process of trial and error, your own creativity using the tools that are already at hand... For example seledit, sTask editor, Luke's npcgen, and gshop editor...

Like I told you fgru, if you are downgrading versions with a great difference, it's likely not to work either way...

The best tutorial for such a broad term of downgrade:

Make small changes towards your goal and Lotta testing for every little change.

If it fails undo what you did and try again...

Never give up...

Upvote 0
Back