• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

dunno if anyone is still around

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I ran a server before, to test sunsets on.

Wanted to set up the server again to do some testing, so installed everything, forwarded ports 10000-21000 on my router.

launched the server,

got a binding socket failure error after i had loaded about 100 mapservers,

so closed everthing, and loaded just maps 21,22,23 they loaded fine

so tried to connect from one of my computers on the lan, and it wont connect.

im using my LAN ip, 192.168.0.xx, i have the rmserver.ini and rmsrvrscript.ini all set up correctly

MSSQL installed fine,
have rmp.dll in C:\Windows

I have no idea why I am getting a binding socket error, and I have no idea why I cant connect to the server thru my LAN

i tried setting it public and using my WAN ip and letting someone connect to it to test if that worked, and it didnt work either.

I used a port checker, and 10000-21000 are all open......this has been confusing me for 3 days now, anyone got any ideas?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If your using internal IP's there shouldn't be any need to open up any ports. As that will just open your server to the internet, and if your connecting through your local network that should not be necessary. Ports 10100 - 10306 are all that's needed for 3.8 version 10100 - 10331 if your using 4.4

A long time ago I had a problem similar to yours where I could only load 64 maps and then each one after that returned a binding socket failure. The problem I had lied with my router and once I replaced it there was no longer a limitation. It's hard saying exactly what is causing your problem, but to troubleshoot to see if it is the router here's what I sugest. Bypas your router temporarilly and plug directly into your cable modem from your PC. Once your connected and working try it again, if you still get errors the problem is in software. If the errors are no more then the problem is most likely with your router.

If nothing else works, change the IP in Bin/Config/rmserver.ini to 127.0.0.1 This will run it secluded on the server so you can troubleshoot it further. Connect with the same address.

I hope that helps some

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If your using internal IP's there shouldn't be any need to open up any ports. As that will just open your server to the internet, and if your connecting through your local network that should not be necessary. Ports 10100 - 10306 are all that's needed for 3.8 version 10100 - 10331 if your using 4.4

A long time ago I had a problem similar to yours where I could only load 64 maps and then each one after that returned a binding socket failure. The problem I had lied with my router and once I replaced it there was no longer a limitation. It's hard saying exactly what is causing your problem, but to troubleshoot to see if it is the router here's what I sugest. Bypas your router temporarilly and plug directly into your cable modem from your PC. Once your connected and working try it again, if you still get errors the problem is in software. If the errors are no more then the problem is most likely with your router.

If nothing else works, change the IP in Bin/Config/rmserver.ini to 127.0.0.1 This will run it secluded on the server so you can troubleshoot it further. Connect with the same address.

I hope that helps some

thanks carey,

I have a new dlink decent router, up to date with the newest fireware, so I have a hard time thinking its my router, but you never know until you try I guess.

I remote manage the server computer on my LAN, which makes it difficult to plug directly into the modem as I will lose my remote manage abilities. I will go get a spare monitor and bring it upstairs and plug it into the server and test without using the router.

I tried starting the server using 127.0.0.1, then opening a client on the server computer and connecting to 127.0.0.1 and even that didnt work, still got the could not connect error.

this is literally driving me crazy, when things dont work they keep me up at night trying to figure out what is wrong.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As dumb as it seems, it sounds like a firewall might be blocking the svmapserver or the svip. You've probably already added them to the list of allowed apps but you might try removing and readding them manually just to see if it makes any difference. I'd give you more advice but I'm not sure what OS your using so it's hard saying what to check next.

I'll give it some more thought and see what else I can come up with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
same problem dont know what to do..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check the rmServer.ini for any multiple entries. I know that in some downloads here there seems to be a multiple entry around map 130. Make sure you don't have that and check all the ports listed to see if you don't have a double there somewhere either.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problem solved, just closed some maps, and entered my local ip, where maps public, and everything works great.

Back