Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DVI Port configuration troubles

Reaction score
I went cheap this year on my new computer, and I'm pretty darn happy with it.

My i3 550 dual-core, hyper-threaded processor really is like having 4 cores. Also the integrated graphics seamed to suffice until I tried the DVI port yesterday.

My BioStar TH55 HD has 3 Video slots, VGA, DVI, and HDMI.

It clearly states in the manual that it supports using any 2 of the three video slots together, though, ofc, HDMI doesn't show the BIOS.. Makes sense.

Anyway, I'm not trying to use HDMI, and I don't even have a cord for it.

My problem is, the DVI port isn't working at all. Not by itself, and not dual with the VGA.

I looked through the TH55 HD BIOS first, the manual second, and the manual for the BIOS third.

All after verifying the i3 550 integrated graphics supported DVI and VGA- as well as Dual Display.

I'm using my VGA port now.. But I need dual-monitor display.

Any ideas? I shouldn't have to buy a video card for this.. Integrated graphics is fine for programming and web-development.

I've tested both in XP and Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit (Gnome2.x, Unity, and KDE) Can't be bothered to purchase windows 7.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.. I ran a quick search throughout google for you, seeing if its a relative problem to the board itself. Reviews on the board are all good, and I never ran across any other DVI issues. You -may- have a defective board perhaps, maybe call up their tech support and see if you can track down the issue.. if not, they can warrant a replacement for you if you are still under warranty.

Back