• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Effects on Items?

make Love, not War!
Reaction score
Hey there,

I was thinking about adding effects to items. Like bof, mixing stones etc.
Well.. since there are guildflags with effects on it, i was wondering if there is a way to put an effect into the .gb or .gtx?
Or are these effects just bound to the itemindex?

I d need to add special effects to special items :)

Anyone of you thinks there is a way to manage this?

Kind Regards,

Uppa

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
there are a few ways to add effects .. trough the config, you just add the effect on a bone and it will emit from that. or activating by animation, also emitted from a bone.. good example is the mix stone particles. they come from a hand bone node :) but the effect is triggered slightly different. cant give much more info about it... about .gtx its just the diffuse texture. not much more to it.

make Love, not War!
Reaction score
Well.. Im not understanding this completely... Is it possible to add an effect, particle to a .gb file?

Reaction score
It is possible. Directly and passive like exteco did it. Just hook the recv function client side and equip unequip SVR side . then create a costum packet and send it to the client. Inside your recv you can sniff it and call the add particle fx function. Therefore you have to add the effects in the fx folder.

make Love, not War!
Reaction score
It is possible. Directly and passive like exteco did it. Just hook the recv function client side and equip unequip SVR side . then create a costum packet and send it to the client. Inside your recv you can sniff it and call the add particle fx function. Therefore you have to add the effects in the fx folder.
Thanks for your answer! Too bad I'm too busy with university :/ Can't learn c++ right now.
But well, one day I'll do that!

http://kalserverace.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i wanna say yes you can add effect to your items. i do know you can add stuff to mobs and npcs... ive done it before.

hex edit your gb file, on the bottom look for where it says xxxxx.dds, add the effect file name to it. and then save the gb.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think you can reference Imp Weapon Effect For AntiCpSvr.dll&bof_effect.txt

;Weapons
(index 798) (anim 5)
(index 799) (anim 6)
(index 800) (anim 7)
(index 801) (anim 8)

IF you can compile The AntiCpSvr.dll

you can add Effect code like "(anim 9)" or other.

And you Must add Effect to The client Effect Folder.

I don't know I was right

I hope can helped you.

Back