• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

EGYPT - A military Coup

Reaction score
They will only put someone else in charge sadly.

When will the world learn that having one person in charge of a country only leads to abuse of that power, normally in the pursuit of keeping it. The more people involved in a discussion when implementing laws, the better. Laws are already far too easy to be passed.

As for specifically Egypt, meh. I have nothing against Muslims, unless they are persecuting people based on religion, in which case they deserve the same respect.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Like 6-7 millions of Egyptians are Muslims Brotherhood and there are many supporters too. And actually President Morsi is really elected president and it's shame to sack and arrest him like that.

Protest demonstrations all over the country in protest against the isolation of President Morsi.

Reaction score
Like 6-7 millions of Egyptians are Muslims Brotherhood and there are many supporters too. And actually President Morsi is really elected president and it's shame to sack and arrest him like that.

Protest demonstrations all over the country in protest against the isolation of President Morsi.

So are you pro Morsi or??

Reaction score

A very religious person simply shouldn't be in charge of an entire country. You have religious leaders for that, who work with governments. A country leader should be entirely tolerant to every religion, or the country is fucked from the get go. How can someone claim to work with other world leaders, if they fundamentally hate who they are as a person.

Alas, when the poop hits the fan, which is always does with every administration, it gets blamed on them not being religious enough, or the wrong religion, or the wrong sub-religion etc, rather than blaming who is actually at fault.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
So are you pro Morsi or??
Yes.
A very religious person simply shouldn't be in charge of an entire country. You have religious leaders for that, who work with governments. A country leader should be entirely tolerant to every religion, or the country is fucked from the get go. How can someone claim to work with other world leaders, if they fundamentally hate who they are as a person.

Alas, when the poop hits the fan, which is always does with every administration, it gets blamed on them not being religious enough, or the wrong religion, or the wrong sub-religion etc, rather than blaming who is actually at fault.

Yes, Morsi is a religious person but what i saw in that past year is all the respect, He do respect other religions and he's so kind to all people ...
In that past year there was no any statement about his opinion about other religions and muslims brotherhood members too but respect ( till now ), There was no any hostility to others or opponents on the contrary, was to invite them for dialogue and reconciliation constantly, but they were always respond rejected.

Here we are all Egyptians for him & the government, He never closed any Newspaper or TV channel or exclusion/arrest of opponents but in the other side .. look what is happening now, they arrested all Muslims Brotherhood leaders, they closed their Newspaper, TV channels etc ...

Reaction score
Yes.

Yes, Morsi is a religious person but what i saw in that past year is all the respect, He do respect other religions and he's so kind to all people ...
In that past year there was no any statement about his opinion about other religions and muslims brotherhood members too but respect ( till now ), There was no any hostility to others or opponents on the contrary, was to invite them for dialogue and reconciliation constantly, but they were always respond rejected.

Here we are all Egyptians for him & the government, He never closed any Newspaper or TV channel or exclusion/arrest of opponents but in the other side .. look what is happening now, they arrested all Muslims Brotherhood leaders, they closed their Newspaper, TV channels etc ...

Dude, Morsi tried drafting the constitution that would ban insulting him, bans freedom of the press, and moved towards trying to establish Islamic Sharia.

He made himself IMMUNE completely from the law.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, Morsi tried drafting the constitution that would ban insulting him, bans freedom of the press, and moved towards trying to establish Islamic Sharia.

He made himself IMMUNE completely from the law.

No, He was completely away from the constitution, insulting the president in media is always wrong, you can say whatever you want in just a good way but they didn't and even though he never closed a tv channel etc ..

Islamic Sharia is always the main resource of legislation here. Now, Before, Later. Nobody objected to it.

He made himself immune completely from the law ( just for 2 days only ) because the decisions the president had refused the Supreme Constitutional Court and that there was a case to isolate President Ali though he's elected by the people and there were international monitoring of the elections.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
The fact is It's a coup, Yes there was 300-500 thousands of people in Tahrir Square but that doesn't mean they are expressing what all Egyptians wants.
When we Egyptians voted for Morsi, He won elections by 51% and That's mean there are 49% people don't want him but most of people voted for him to stay 4 years not just one year.

If you see streets these days, There are millions of people in streets calling back for Morsi.

Reaction score
No, He was completely away from the constitution, insulting the president in media is always wrong, you can say whatever you want in just a good way but they didn't and even though he never closed a tv channel etc ..

Islamic Sharia is always the main resource of legislation here. Now, Before, Later. Nobody objected to it.

He made himself immune completely from the law ( just for 2 days only ) because the decisions the president had refused the Supreme Constitutional Court and that there was a case to isolate President Ali though he's elected by the people and there were international monitoring of the elections.

Freedom of the press should be absolute, to the point of insulting individual, normal, people. Calling a president bad for instance is perfectly fine, it's an opinion that the entity, the newspaper, has and is fine if they provide reasons and a balanced argument. There should never, ever ever ever, be a legal reason why a newspaper cannot report on an opinion if it states reasons and arguments for that opinion. I'd hope it is peer reviewed within a company so it's not completely the opinion of one person, but even if it is, if they provide reasons I think any intelligent people will poke the holes in the logic. You just have to remember news is opinion based, not fact. If you want to read about facts, go read a science study or a news service based on facts.

As for your main source of legislation being religious law, how the hell can you tell me that is fair on none Islams. Like I said before, religion has no place in government, and as soon as it does it's going to be corrupted. Frankly it saddens me that your party system is based on religion. Religion is a powerful tool to manipulate the masses for individuals to wield large amounts of power. I can't see voting being particularly balanced in any Islamic country where one party is affiliated with a religion.

International oversight is pretty important tbh. Just because a country chooses a leader, doesn't mean the rest of the world will agree with that choice, or support that leader. Frankly it just goes to show how the perspectives of the citizens of different countries are so different.

Freedom of the press should be absolute, to the point of insulting individual, normal, people. Calling a president bad for instance is perfectly fine, it's an opinion that the entity, the newspaper, has and is fine if they provide reasons and a balanced argument. There should never, ever ever ever, be a legal reason why a newspaper cannot report on an opinion if it states reasons and arguments for that opinion. I'd hope it is peer reviewed within a company so it's not completely the opinion of one person, but even if it is, if they provide reasons I think any intelligent people will poke the holes in the logic. You just have to remember news is opinion based, not fact. If you want to read about facts, go read a science study or a news service based on facts.

As for your main source of legislation being religious law, how the hell can you tell me that is fair on none Islams. Like I said before, religion has no place in government, and as soon as it does it's going to be corrupted. Frankly it saddens me that your party system is based on religion. Religion is a powerful tool to manipulate the masses for individuals to wield large amounts of power. I can't see voting being particularly balanced in any Islamic country where one party is affiliated with a religion.

International oversight is pretty important tbh. Just because a country chooses a leader, doesn't mean the rest of the world will agree with that choice, or support that leader. Frankly it just goes to show how the perspectives of the citizens of different countries are so different.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, you're completely right mate but about the main source of legislation being religious law ...

Nobody even christian people here refuse that because in the same law it allows to non muslims to resort to their religions in everything.

Back