• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Elements Editor don't save right..

Reaction score
Hello guys I just made some changes on my elements.data (1380), but when I start the client Im getting this error
mrosenov - Elements Editor don't save right.. - RaGEZONE Forums

And yes my elementsdata its the correct one...
tool which Im using jELedit/, also tried and ElEditor, still get the same error..
When I put the original elements.data the error stop showing and client start perfectly.
Ling DNC I hope you can help me guys...

Reaction score
When you swap back to the originals and they work, but the modified do not work. The tools are not editing the elements.data correctly.

I've modified compers source code into one tool.
It is set to use 1378 elements.data out of the box.

If you need to use 1477 elements.data
First, remove the current 1378 .cfg file in the folder zxtools\zxELedit
Second, go into the zxtools\zxELedit\configs\regenesis_v1447 folder and copy the .cfg file to zxtools\zxELedit\configs folder
Third, go into the zxtools folder and execute zxTools.exe
Fourth, select the zxELedit tool from the toolbar that opened (this has 7 tool buttons, you'll be concerned with only zxELedit).
Test and report back.

You'll find the, case sensitive, extract password is:
Code:
RaGEZONE

FZh8c2w - Elements Editor don't save right.. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I do not have a copy of 1380 to do a binary compare for the offsets the .cfg file requires.

Upload a copy of the 1380 elements.data file to mega.co.nz and --> PM <-- me a link.
I'll look at it if I get time before the weekend.

Okay now the tool can open the elements.data, but still when I edit/add item I get this error

Im using client & server files 1378 Hulu release from dev-lounge

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Okay now the tool can open the elements.data, but still when I edit/add item I get this error

Im using client & server files 1378 Hulu release from dev-lounge

I used a different set of 1378.
I would still require the elements.data file to validate whether there is a difference in the offsets by doing binary comparison.
Please read my modified post, which caused me to edit your quote of my post lol and be sure to PM me a link to the elements.data file you upload to mega.co.nz
I don't have time to download the Hulu version, nor do I really have time to do this comparison. But if you get the file uploaded quickly I'll see what I can do before the weekend.

Thank you I see the link in your post

mrosenov
Is your computer system locale still set to Chinese Simplified PRC at ALL TIMES? (caps lock for highlighting the importance of this).
It must be set at all times.
That file edits without any problems, saves out as a new file, and re-imports properly.

This means, you extracted - modified - worked with files - play the game.... Everything while Chinese Simplified PRC is enabled.
If at even a single step of the process you are not set to Chinese Simplified PRC, you will have hosed your setup.

I used the default zxTools archive (nothing needs to be modified directly out of the box).
Just download the archive mentioned previously, extract the archive with the password provided, execute zxtools\zxTools.exe and click zxELedit button.

As long as, every single time you extracted the original client and server, worked in a vmware environment, open / modify / play with any files, use tools, play the game.... always always always
Chinese Simplified PRC

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I used a different set of 1378.
I would still require the elements.data file to validate whether there is a difference in the offsets by doing binary comparison.
Please read my modified post, which caused me to edit your quote of my post lol and be sure to PM me a link to the elements.data file you upload to mega.co.nz
I don't have time to download the Hulu version, nor do I really have time to do this comparison. But if you get the file uploaded quickly I'll see what I can do before the weekend.

Thank you I see the link in your post

mrosenov
Is your computer system locale still set to Chinese Simplified PRC at ALL TIMES? (caps lock for highlighting the importance of this).
It must be set at all times.
That file edits without any problems, saves out as a new file, and re-imports properly.

This means, you extracted - modified - worked with files - play the game.... Everything while Chinese Simplified PRC is enabled.
If at even a single step of the process you are not set to Chinese Simplified PRC, you will have hosed your setup.

Only my system locale its setted to Chinese Simplified, so what I have to do now? DNC the problem is my system locale its setted to Chinese Simplified, but still get this error.. when edit something in elements.data

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I did everything

This reply you are using the wrong cfg file.
This error was caused due to your original statements (that you are using a 1380 elements.data file, when you really should had said 1378).

The archive I had you download.
Extract a CLEAN copy and do Not modify the cfg files. Leave it as it is when extracted.
Go into the zxtools folder and execute zxTools.exe
Select the zxELedit tool from the toolbar that opened (this has 7 tool buttons, you'll be concerned with only zxELedit).
Edit the elements.data file (Original copy) and Save-As to another location elements.data (Make sure it is the original file and that you are saving it to a new location, keep the original name elements.data as well)

Code:
RaGEZONE

Upvote 0
Reaction score
This reply you are using the wrong cfg file.
This error was caused due to your original statements (that you are using a 1380 elements.data file, when you really should had said 1378).

The archive I had you download.
Extract a CLEAN copy and do Not modify the cfg files. Leave it as it is when extracted.
Go into the zxtools folder and execute zxTools.exe
Select the zxELedit tool from the toolbar that opened (this has 7 tool buttons, you'll be concerned with only zxELedit).
Edit the elements.data file (Original copy) and Save-As to another location elements.data (Make sure it is the original file and that you are saving it to a new location, keep the original name elements.data as well)

Code:
RaGEZONE

Again

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Never mind.

Use the Ubuntu server and not the Debian server with your files.
As I've mentioned in the PM, you can not mix the libtask.so and libskill.so files into a different operating system.
So, you cannot take the Ubuntu files and place them on the Debian server without having correct libtask.so and libskill.so files to match Debian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uhhh

I could be wrong, but it sure looks like the clientside error you get when you don't change the .exe.

I've never put the error through OCR, and I didn't OCR the error you're showing now, but, at first glance, looks identical.

I figure DNC would assume you already knew about that and not bother to troubleshoot that as the problem.

I'm just throwing out a random guess though, good luck.

Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Uhhh

I could be wrong, but it sure looks like the clientside error you get when you don't change the .exe.

I've never put the error through OCR, and I didn't OCR the error you're showing now, but, at first glance, looks identical.

I figure DNC would assume you already knew about that and not bother to troubleshoot that as the problem.

I just changed the clients and now works fine :) Im almost done with the customizing, and I think my server will go online soon! :)
Thanks to DNC Quiff for server/client help
and Special thanks to val4o0o0 from dedihost.org for fixing our web scripts :)

Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Uhhh

Yeah, my bad lol.
I always look for the more difficult issues first rofl.

Upvote 0
Back