Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ELU Blender Exporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i really dont think that you can export maya in a way that blender or 3ds can manage it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i really dont think that you can export maya in a way that blender or 3ds can manage it
I've already exported it as an obj and imported that same model into blender. The question is, why can't I select it? (unless of course, that's what you meant)
If there was a way for me to export as an elu in Maya, none of this would be a problem in the first place. Then again, there may still be a problem creating the .dds aswell. I have the dds plugin for photoshop but I'm not sure if I would be able to create a mips map for the model manually. I'm not too familliar with texturing.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
how does this project fair atm?

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i think any development past what is given is private to the developers of 2 private servers in particular

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i think any development past what is given is private to the developers of 2 private servers in particular
thats what i am thinking, so now imma try to figure out how to fix the issue with exporting clothing which i am assuming uses a diff method then what we currently have available (at least for those who can't utilize the shader option in their clients)

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
we use a different exporter actually, it seems complex to me, since i still havent been able to get it to work, im guessing Phantom developed it and gave it to iced/ Sushi Ninja then they gave it out further, with the "HOW TO" on the subject.

Basically I and some others have the tool without the instructions so its worthless to us.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
we use a different exporter actually, it seems complex to me, since i still havent been able to get it to work, im guessing Phantom developed it and gave it to iced/ Sushi Ninja then they gave it out further, with the "HOW TO" on the subject.

Basically I and some others have the tool without the instructions so its worthless to us.
ah i see well im styll gunna mess with the exporter i got now untill it works right

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hmm I need help. I don't have the .blender (even when i choose to show hidden files and folders) folder. How can I get it..lol:?:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
try turning off ur virus protection works sometimes

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Source upload - Version 09.12.00
  1. Added vertex colors for defining soft body weights (Vertex Paint Mode)
  2. Added Blender to ELU bone name conversion, eg. Bip01 Calf.L -> Bip01 L Calf and Bip01 Calf.R -> Bip01 R Calf
  3. Added double sided textures (hard coded)

FYI these are old additions which haven't been publicly released until now. It fixes bugs from the test release which Theoretical unknowingly released into the wild.

If possible could a moderator change the thread title to: "Blender 2.4x *.elu Exporter" to distinguish from the currently released Blender 2.5 Alpha 0 which this exporter is not compatible with and also sticky, thanks.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
is this the most up to date exporter uve made? (private or public)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
is this the most up to date exporter uve made? (private or public)

Yes, I've moved onto other projects for the time being. It should be significant enough to create items (weapons, armor, etc.), npcs, and monsters albeit they have to be binded to existing animations.

* Now that RaGEZONE is running it's own private server I MAY pick up from where I left off.

Last edited:
(。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've moved onto other projects for the time being. It should be significant enough to create items (weapons, armor, etc.), npcs, and monsters albeit they have to be binded to existing animations.

* Now that RaGEZONE is running it's own private server I MAY pick up from where I left off.

<3 ty I started messing with armor/NPC's a while ago, since my friend helped me get back into blender.

but anyways, im being told your update is just the source code. If thats true how do you use it?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
<3 ty I started messing with armor/NPC's a while ago, since my friend helped me get back into blender.

but anyways, im being told your update is just the source code. If thats true how do you use it?

It has always been in source form as a *.py file (plain text). *.pyc are compiled *.py files. I'm just sick of re-uploading zip files all the time.

Copy and paste the source into Notepad and save as "gunz_export.py" which you can copy to your Blender scripts directory as before.

Last edited:
(。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It has always been in source form as a *.py file (plain text). *.pyc are compiled *.py files. I'm just sick of re-uploading all the time and it's easier to copy and paste.

Copy and paste the source into Notepad and save as "gunz_export.py" which you can copy to your Blender scripts directory as before.

oh alright ty

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could You ever find the time to make a second one With shader 1.0 compatibility???

I'd love you so much....

(I sent Something on your acc page)

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Got a interessting Error ive never encounterd befor ...

Some info, its a Rifle with 458 Verts and 766 Faces.
Has Muzzle_Flash and the bullet Dummy, but its not their fault, caus i cant
export the mesh at all (into elu).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Could You ever find the time to make a second one With shader 1.0 compatibility???

I'd love you so much....

(I sent Something on your acc page)

I've never played the game so I don't know what you're talking about... There are vertex and pixel shaders, which is it? Have you even tried the current code? What I do know is that I've not determined a few byte patterns which will need further work. That's an open invitation...

Got a interessting Error ive never encounterd befor ...

Some info, its a Rifle with 458 Verts and 766 Faces.
Has Muzzle_Flash and the bullet Dummy, but its not their fault, caus i cant
export the mesh at all (into elu).

There is a function called elu_triangulate_mesh which converts a quad mesh to a tri mesh but it sounds like it hasn't done it's job so do it manually before exporting.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've never played the game so I don't know what you're talking about... There are vertex and pixel shaders, which is it? Have you even tried the current code? What I do know is that I've not determined a few byte patterns which will need further work. That's an open invitation...

There is a function called elu_triangulate_mesh which converts a quad mesh to a tri mesh but it sounds like it hasn't done it's job so do it manually before exporting.
I've tested the current code and it still requires us to tick on the shader option for clothing exports, While the regular clothing doesn't and which shader do you have it using?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Pixel shader, When you export sets/ clothing for the game using your or any other script, it is only compatible for shader 2.0

Also some guy tried it out below me said you still need shader 2.0...

Shader 2.0 = Graphic card Feature...

Basically if you have integraded card and no graphic card or a decent one You can't check shader in game, Thus making the clothing sets invisible.

Also do you still use msn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back