Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Emulator are not dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
well to answer you defiance, in 4 years i haven't work only on morpheus (first of all it's a hobby, i have familly, works etc) and what ypou don't see on this video is also that we have create a totally new world, and story it's hard to manage 1 to 10 developpers (depend on their motivation, and sometimes people enter in the team, sometimes they leaves) on a project that you knwo it will not be opened before month/years, i hade to manage a lot of members, explain them how to work and finally after some days/weeks/month, they stopped to work with us because they were bored by flyff or the fact we're taking more time to open a server that others projets...
So yes it took me a lot of time to make what everyone have, an equivalent to flyff server file, but, make better than other wasn't my aim.

I just wanted to show to all the people here who, since the source release, stoppped to help and support emulators and even have fun to tell us that our work was useless... That's my first goal.

Our second goal is to make a game like we love it (i speak for my team members) with a real story, quest linked to the story, and differrent systems than those you could see everywhere.

I don't want to make third job like we could see on every forum, i don't want to make the new skills system (in fact i prefer the oldest one when you could win skillxp), i will not use the master/heri system like official file. I will not add taxe system on NPC's shop (tax will be used in dungeon by the guilds who own the dungeon), i don't want to make housing lor guildhouse like flyff (i have better idea about guild housing)...finally i don't want to make a lot of system like official file, so finally, doing my own code isn't a bad idea, i know my code, i know want to change to make what i want without need to search how thoses file work.

There are some differences that i already have coded in morpheus and some i'm adding actually and i haven't speak about them because i prefer to keep them secret for the moment, that's all...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For people who speak without knowing any line of code: wait and see :)
The stability of a server depends first of its programmer, not the langage used.

Athene making a new client is totally different to making an emulator. It is easy to say, but not to do.
Celestia will not change the way FlyFF is played as a game: fighting, flying, contact between players will never change. We only make the game better in some points.
And even if we make a new client, the server will be in C# so it doesn't change anything.

Would be nice if someone show some normal gameplay (killing some mobs, shopping at town ..) to improve these arguments.
Right now, I really love this work and will keep visiting this topic / your youtube-channel.

Yeh, perhaps the most content/models are leeched, but they fits to flyff (better then the most ripped WoW-models i have seen..)

Thumps up!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well to answer you defiance, in 4 years i haven't work only on morpheus (first of all it's a hobby, i have familly, works etc) and what ypou don't see on this video is also that we have create a totally new world, and story it's hard to manage 1 to 10 developpers (depend on their motivation, and sometimes people enter in the team, sometimes they leaves) on a project that you knwo it will not be opened before month/years, i hade to manage a lot of members, explain them how to work and finally after some days/weeks/month, they stopped to work with us because they were bored by flyff or the fact we're taking more time to open a server that others projets...
So yes it took me a lot of time to make what everyone have, an equivalent to flyff server file, but, make better than other wasn't my aim.

I just wanted to show to all the people here who, since the source release, stoppped to help and support emulators and even have fun to tell us that our work was useless... That's my first goal.

Our second goal is to make a game like we love it (i speak for my team members) with a real story, quest linked to the story, and differrent systems than those you could see everywhere.

I don't want to make third job like we could see on every forum, i don't want to make the new skills system (in fact i prefer the oldest one when you could win skillxp), i will not use the master/heri system like official file. I will not add taxe system on NPC's shop (tax will be used in dungeon by the guilds who own the dungeon), i don't want to make housing lor guildhouse like flyff (i have better idea about guild housing)...finally i don't want to make a lot of system like official file, so finally, doing my own code isn't a bad idea, i know my code, i know want to change to make what i want without need to search how thoses file work.

There are some differences that i already have coded in morpheus and some i'm adding actually and i haven't speak about them because i prefer to keep them secret for the moment, that's all...

In 4 years working with the official source you would be perfectly able to do all those things aswell.

This:

totally new world, and story and

game like we love it (i speak for my team members) with a real story, quest linked to the story, and differrent systems than those you could see everywhere.

Those may be good things, but they don't have anything to do with your server emulator....

I'm also not trying to talk down on your work, It is ok to be proud of what you have done, but don't mix things up, all these systems you said, these maps, quests, etc, everything can be done without spending 4 years building an emulator for the server, and I will repeat again, it is not that hard to understand the official source, even if you're not that good with c++.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
In 4 years working with the official source you would be perfectly able to do all those things aswell.

This:

Those may be good things, but they don't have anything to do with your server emulator....

I'm also not trying to talk down on your work, It is ok to be proud of what you have done, but don't mix things up, all these systems you said, these maps, quests, etc, everything can be done without spending 4 years building an emulator for the server, and I will repeat again, it is not that hard to understand the official source, even if you're not that good with c++.

For once I agree with your dumb butt.

Reaction score
The answer is very simple. To learn c# and because it's an hobby. That's all.
If i wanted to make money like 99% of flyff pserver i also could use the official file. I made it for my own will to show that i was able to make a server with an emulator started by developpers who worked on it, some years ago, and that all people leaved like dead code because they were obsessed by official source code.
I just show here that i'm near to success what i wanted to do since the beginning when i first started to work on osAFlyff /Morpheus. I'm not here to say "hey i will make the best server on the world !". I'm just here to say "i said that i will make a server allowing us to play on Flyff and i have done it"....
The fact that we also made a new world, story etc. is due to the team's will to make a new flyff and they will to help me to achieve my aim.

If people love our work, then it's a success for all the team. If they don't, then it will all my fault because i leaded the team, i don't have anything else to prove than that. Making a full server with an emulator and show that a little team animated by passion can do a good job.

We will show more video when i will finish my work because i don't like to show something that isn't finished. I showed on the video only some part of our map to show the work of our mapers (well scriptwriters made some good jobs too but it's difficult to show it on a video), your comments about their work on the maps give them the courage to continue and some recognition (not sure if i write it well or not in english) Even if people think that was a waste of time i wanted that those team's member could see that their work are apreciated by community.
I intend to finish my work on morpheus in september/october. I think i will be able to show your more video about the systems i speaked about.

PS : i will be on holiday for 2 weeks. I 'm not sure i will be able to answer on this post for that period

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The answer is very simple. To learn c# and because it's an hobby. That's all.
If i wanted to make money like 99% of flyff pserver i also could use the official file. I made it for my own will to show that i was able to make a server with an emulator started by developpers who worked on it, some years ago, and that all people leaved like dead code because they were obsessed by official source code.
I just show here that i'm near to success what i wanted to do since the beginning when i first started to work on osAFlyff /Morpheus. I'm not here to say "hey i will make the best server on the world !". I'm just here to say "i said that i will make a server allowing us to play on Flyff and i have done it"....
The fact that we also made a new world, story etc. is due to the team's will to make a new flyff and they will to help me to achieve my aim.

If people love our work, then it's a success for all the team. If they don't, then it will all my fault because i leaded the team, i don't have anything else to prove than that. Making a full server with an emulator and show that a little team animated by passion can do a good job.

We will show more video when i will finish my work because i don't like to show something that isn't finished. I showed on the video only some part of our map to show the work of our mapers (well scriptwriters made some good jobs too but it's difficult to show it on a video), your comments about their work on the maps give them the courage to continue and some recognition (not sure if i write it well or not in english) Even if people think that was a waste of time i wanted that those team's member could see that their work are apreciated by community.
I intend to finish my work on morpheus in september/october. I think i will be able to show your more video about the systems i speaked about.

PS : i will be on holiday for 2 weeks. I 'm not sure i will be able to answer on this post for that period

You should have made two separate topics. One to showcase your team's maps, and another to showcase your emulator. Since this topic mostly only showcases your maps and nobody has seen your emulator yet, they start arguing and bickering about it. Try making another topic to show your emulator, re-brand this to show your maps only and people will stop complaining and raging about it.

Reaction score
lol i continue to finish to recode some part of morpheus (nearly finished i think we will be able to open our server in december)
we added all cFlyff models (mob/fashion/model/sfx/obj...) because some member asked us to added them.
the first world lvl 1 to 90 is finished with his 6 dungeons. Quest/npc/monster on this world are finished too
I still need to make the videos that will be layed in game.
My team member made what i asked them to do and i'm the one who is late.
While i'm finishing to recode morpheus, they are working on the others worlds ("shen yanglin" lvl 90 to 120 "aquarius" lvl 120-150 and "Crystalia" lvl 150-180...)

i 'll tell you more when i will finish to recode morpheus

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Working on the interface (not finished) :
divinepunition - Emulator are not dead - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm working on the official website too :p:

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score

noticed they posted something new, honestly it looks like the animations could use quite a bit of smoothing out

the monster moves like sprites did in games back in the ps1 days, which was fine back then on a sprites, but on something in 3d it awful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project looks very interesting.
The maps are just awesome o.o!

I had the same idea for making it like a new game but im not good enough in c# yet :/
And i cant find a source of the released emus in c# :*: well perhaps some day i find one haha xD

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score

noticed they posted something new, honestly it looks like the animations could use quite a bit of smoothing out

the monster moves like sprites did in games back in the ps1 days, which was fine back then on a sprites, but on something in 3d it awful.

Ren, it's dead.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For who understand french : ... R.I.P Celestia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back