Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EP8 Repack, prerelease

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
@radiatos
I have checked and the missing libraries you have listed are already included in the 64bit repack.
As for the other minimal and bare bone CentOS installations, I will add the additional RPMs just incase.

@benng
You have probably missed something, there are 3 things guaranteed that will happen,
1. File does not exist
2. You dont have permission to access the file
3. The script runs either successfully or unsuccessfully

InitializeGlobals
Here we go,
Before installing CentOS I have set the MAC Address for the Network Adapter and have not changed it at all. Everything works.

As soon as I change the VM Network Adapter MAC Address, or mess around with the eth0 the InitializeGlobals pop up.

I guess that something in the CentOS needs to be properly reconfigured when you change the VM Network Adapter MAC Address - eth0 after the installation.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi its ok now i just redownload the file again & install & now working. Only problem now is still facing initializegobals again

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What about this how i could fix that error :(
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.723542 3078441840]: [##ERROR##] OnIPCAuthAccount fail (ID: ananinami, usernum: 0, Time: 72)
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.723653 3078441840]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(MSG) : [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Must declare the scalar variable "@IP".
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.723695 3078441840]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(CODE) : 137
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.723730 3078441840]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(VAR_INFO) :
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.723765 3078441840]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(SQLSTATE) : 42000
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.723800 3078441840]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(STM_TEXT) : {call dbo.cabal_sp_auth_netcafe( ? , ? , ? , ? , ? )}
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.804551 3078441840]: Database Connect success!
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.804855 3078441840]: [##ERROR##] 'OnIPCAuthAccount' fail (Database/Auth.cpp:262)
[Sun Jun 30 2013 12:10:29.804923 3078441840]: [##ERROR##] UsrMap Fail : MainCmd(30) Ret(106:0:262) Addr(127.0.0.1) CharIdx(0)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your probably using the wrong client.

Update on the repack:
Cabal now works in CentsOS 6.4 VMware! :thumbup:
I have compiled the RPMs needed for CentOS 6.4 32 bit and I am now working on 64 bit version of the OS.
Forcecalibur and KomeKetos tweak included.
Start up and shutdown of service cabal changed.
All errors on startup in cabal log fixed.

I will post the repack next week after some more testing.
@Toast2250
I had tested on vmware v8 & centos 6.4 still having inititalizeGobal issue. :?:

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
@tbtkoray
From which log is that and what were you doing currently at that time ingame?

@benng
Try setting (Generate button) the VM Network Adapter MAC Address before you install CentOS and try again.

I was able to reproduce it and I am looking for the solution when the Network config gets messed up.

You can always try to use Parallels Workstation, I had no problems with it.

@radiatos
If your running CentOS release 6.4 (Final)x86_64 then this is all you need,

cabal_install64.sh, rpm-install64, cabal-ep8.tar.gz, cabal-server-ph-1.0-1.i386.rpm

chmod 0700 cabal_install64.sh
./cabal_install64.sh

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry what is parallel workstation? I tried to generate the mac address still the same

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
I succeeded installing the old repack in CentOS 5.8 in VMware Workstation without the InitializeGlobals error by setting MAC Address before installing CentOS, lulz.

Making it work seems simple but fixing it after breaking appears to be hard if I don't know what Im exactly looking for.

This is what I gathered so far.

Short, changing MAC address and fiddling with the ifcfg-eth0 can mess up stuff.
/lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules
/etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth0
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

More stuff,
//*----------------------------------------*//

/lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules
KERNEL=="eth*|ath*|wlan*[0-9]|msh*|ra*|sta*|ctc*|lcs*|hsi*", GOTO="persistent_net_generator_end"

Reboot

ifconfig eth0 | grep HWaddr

If ifcfg-eth0 is missing create manually or simply change the mac adress
from the existing one,
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

service network restart

ifconfig eth0 | grep HWaddr

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp then static
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=00:0C:29:48:DB:9A
IPADDR=192.168.100.231
NETMASK=255.255.254.0
GATEWAY=192.168.100.1

service network restart

Set your VM Network Adapter MAC Addres

Reboot

ifconfig -a
ifconfig

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi toast2250,

Do u set ur adapter to eth0 or set it to "auto brigde to adapter"? Coz I am setting it to auto bridge for wan & lan purpose

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
Here is what I did to resolve the nuked network and reproduced InitErrors.

Set the Guest OS as Red Hat 6, add the VMware Adaptor MAC Address before installing CentOS. (not necessary if already done otherwise)

00:50:56:31:F9:10 belonging to VMware, Inc. wont work for some reason.
00:1C:42:B0:8F:DB belonging to Parallels, Inc. will work.

1. Delete file,

2. Shutdown your CentOS and add the 00:1C:42:B0:8F:DB MAC Address, set the Adapter to Bridged.

3. Recreate the 70-persistent-net.rules file,
service network stop
service NetworkManager stop

udevadm trigger
udevadm control --reload-rules

chkconfig NetworkManager on
service NetworkManager restart
service network restart
Reboot

4. Use network manager GUI to configure,
- Device MAC Address (use the one that is set in VMware adapter)
- Automatic (DHCP) or Manual
- Check Connect automatically, Available to all users
Hit Apply when done regardless.
Reboot

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@tbtkoray
From which log is that and what were you doing currently at that time ingame?

hi again man i record a video about my error so u can see what is the problem maybe u can help me :(

there is my log files pls help me what is wrong with my server i cant get it :(

View attachment CabalLog.rar

U can Watch it in 720p
<br>

Have a nice day .

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
RaGEZONER
Reaction score
Check your entered values in dbo.cabal_auth_table and make sure that dbo.cabal_sp_auth_netcafe stored procedure in Account database is intact.

Some values are probably incorrect in the dbo.cabal_auth_table, were you able to login before, have registered your account the right way,..

I am almost certain that this is probably not because of the repack.
Also, try to use a fresh client.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Toast2250
2 question need to check with u.

1-Recreate the 70-persistent-net.rules file ----> is this auto recreated or do i need to edit the file again?
udevadm trigger

1. Use network manager GUI and add a setting ----> after delete the file "ifcfg-eth0" now its set to eth1
- MAC Adress (the one that is set in VMware adapter)
- Manual IP config
- Check connect auto, Available to all users
Hit apply when done.

Still the same :( initializeglobals... does it means that centos 6.4 really dont work for vmware?
Anybody here ever successfully install & run centos 6.4 on vmware v8 pls advise need ur expertise pls..

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check your entered values in dbo.cabal_auth_table and make sure that dbo.cabal_sp_auth_netcafe stored procedure in Account database is intact.

Some values are probably incorrect in the dbo.cabal_auth_table, were you able to login before, have registered your account the right way,..

I am almost certain that this is probably not because of the repack.
Also, try to use a fresh client.

hello my friend ty for reply , im %100 sure it's not about ur repack i have same problem with extornias repack too.
Untitle1d - EP8 Repack, prerelease - RaGEZONE Forums
this is my cabal auth table there is no any records.and this is my procedure

procedure - EP8 Repack, prerelease - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
RaGEZONER
Reaction score
@tbtkoray
Why and,.. is your auth table empty?

@benng
If you want and time/bandwidth is not an issue,.. maybe you can upload your VM image and I can try to fix it If I can. :laugh:

I don't want to brag but I made both 5.x and 6.x work in VMware with reproducible error/fix like I said before, using the related and exact methods posted above.

So did cypher or Speed and some others that have a VMware.

I don't guarantee it will work for everyone, but I'm convinced that its MAC/network config related.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@tbtkoray

@benng
If you want and time/bandwidth is not an issue,.. maybe you can upload your VM image and I can try to fix it If I can. :laugh:

I don't want to brag but I made both 5.x and 6.x work in VMware with reproducible error/fix like I said before, using the related and exact methods posted above.

I don't guarantee it will work for everyone, but I'm convinced that its MAC/network config related.

Hi toast2250

Sure I will upload the image & give u the link later

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@tbtkoray

@benng

Hi Toast2250,
my vmware image link is here

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@tbtkoray

@benng

man could you pls contact me via skype : tbtkoray or pls pm me ur skype id :(

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
@tbtkoray
I don't use skype.
If your auth table is empty then you need to register your account first, search around for the sql command that does this.

@benng
I have downloaded your VM but had no success in resolving the InitializeGlobals so far.

I noticed that the Guest Operating System was set to CentOS, the VM tools were installed and what not other stuff, vmxnet - VMware high speed virtual ethernet adapter.

All I do is set Guest Operating System as Red Hat 6, set MAC before installation and no unnecessary stuff, no yum update, no vmtools. Auto sets vlance - AMD® Lance PCNet32® ethernet adapter.

I even tried uninstalling the vmtools and setting,
vlance - AMD® Lance PCNet32® ethernet adapter
e1000 - Intel® e1000 ethernet adapter
vmxnet - VMware high speed virtual ethernet adapter

None of it works at all, I now wonder how to reproduce this unsolvable type of InitializeGlobals. With your VM maybe I can find the new cause and the solution.

However when I shutdown the CentOS and remove the VMware adapter so It has no adapter at all then the Cabal service starts without the error. :blink:

I'm no expert to say what exactly is the cause, I'm doing it by trial and error.
I still have a few things to try,..

Update
If you chose your guest OS as CentOS and not RedHat 6 before CentOS installation then your hardware settings will be wrong and you probably wont solve it by reseting the network settings.

Something with drivers being installed.

Google

Last edited:
Back