• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Epidemy Project ITA 0.53 heavly modded - with updater

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Press ENTER

i think he means the external camera view that is changed in the epidemy version.

To get back the default 3rd person view:

File: ..\Addons\characters_data.pbo

- Unpack PBO
- Open ..\DZ\characters\Data\config.cpp
- Search/Edit:

extCameraPosition[] (Format: X,Y,Z - Default: 0.15,0,-2)

- Repack

----------------------------------------------------------
@ LinkerSplit

Do you know how to implement the armbands? I have:

- Added .p3d to character_proxies.pbo
- Added .p3ds, .rvmat and .paa files to character_tops.pbo and added class in config.cpp
- Added class in config.cpp from ...\dta\bin.pbo

So far i can cut raincoats to get armbands, i can drop them on floor and take them again, but i can't put them on. Nothing happens when i drag them from inventory on my char.

Is the missing function for putting them on Game.exe related? In WinHex i saw that there are 2 armband entries in dayz.exe from my legal version.

Perhaps you or someone else can help.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think he means the external camera view that is changed in the epidemy version.

To get back the default 3rd person view:

File: ..\Addons\characters_data.pbo

- Unpack PBO
- Open ..\DZ\characters\Data\config.cpp
- Search/Edit:

extCameraPosition[] (Format: X,Y,Z - Default: 0.15,0,-2)

- Repack

Ok, I just don't understand the question

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer LinkerSplit, but now I got this problem although persistence.sqf is still there, never modify anything. This problem is:
3:09:04 Script dz\server\scripts\Epidemy\Persistence.sqf not found (Still using the execVM car.sqf and car2.sqf from danisimus).

P/s: Can I make intro soundtrack when a player connected just like you? Please guide me.

Go to your-server\DZ\server\scripts\functions\dbLoadPlayer.sqf and paste this between _createPlayer = { and //check database

//check Duplicate
_cntUID = {(getClientUID (owner _x)) == _uid} count players;
if (_cntUID > 0) then {
[_id] spawnForClient {
_wait = 5;
while {_wait > 0} do {
titleText [format["Duplicate UID... Quit %1",_wait],"BLACK FADED",10e10];
_wait = _wait - 1;
sleep 1;
};
exitGame;
};
};
if (_cntUID > 0) exitWith {diag_log format ["=== CONNECTION fail: UID %1 duplicate {%2}",_uid,_name]};

This solution cannot work effectively as players still have same GUID and it is hard to monitor all of them with same GUID, a red notification of Battleeye will always appear on the down left corner of the player's monitor. I think this must be the problem that come from B.E, hope Linker can help us with this, as it is annoying and hard for DarT to show players effectively while GUID still shows the same on each players.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes, because battleye didn't work correctly with this server-versions. take a older beserver.dll and use BeRT for administration. it shows playernames without a GUID from battleye. you can write global, kick and ban (only the ip will banned)

here is a link to BeRT

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thx for help

I dont know ho to edit .pbo files i try it for 3 hours and it dont work. Can you send me pbo characters_data with extCameraPosition[]={0.0,1.0,-3.5}; ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------
@ LinkerSplit
Do you know how to implement the armbands? I have:
- Added .p3d to character_proxies.pbo
- Added .p3ds, .rvmat and .paa files to character_tops.pbo and added class in config.cpp
- Added class in config.cpp from ...\dta\bin.pbo
So far i can cut raincoats to get armbands, i can drop them on floor and take them again, but i can't put them on. Nothing happens when i drag them from inventory on my char.
Is the missing function for putting them on Game.exe related? In WinHex i saw that there are 2 armband entries in dayz.exe from my legal version.
Perhaps you or someone else can help.

Yo, no It's not something related to .exe file.
I'll update the game by the end of this week with armbands too and let you know how to do it :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
create whitelist.txt in your server-folder and paste there the uid from your friends

thats all

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you help me you make how to or not ?

ty for you

Man, please this thread is not for helping in particular problems...
If you need some help, just post a thread into "HELP" section.

Thank you LennyCole for answering btw

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yo, no It's not something related to .exe file.
I'll update the game by the end of this week with armbands too and let you know how to do it :)

Perfect!

Since i'm new to arma modding, i thought i would get the armbands work like i have done it with the "new" compass, but i was wrong. I nearly searched all files from my legal version for armband entries, but i can't find the missing one(s).

I'll watch out for your new version.

Edit: Removed my new question.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some questions.
1) why server spam
15:00:39 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...15:00:39 BattlEye server updated to version: 198
15:00:39 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.198)

2) Can i have on server more loot. Its half then official servers.

3) Theese version dont have air transport ?

4) How can i give someone items, if someone want to buy.

Thx for anweres

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some questions.
1) why server spam
15:00:39 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...15:00:39 BattlEye server updated to version: 198
15:00:39 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.198)

2) Can i have on server more loot. Its half then official servers.

3) Theese version dont have air transport ?

4) How can i give someone items, if someone want to buy.

Thx for anweres

Guys... a lot of these questions have been answered previously!
About battleEye, try delete dayZ folder from both appdata and documents folder.
No, this version doesn't have script implemented for air transport.
If you need some help, PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thx for help

I dont know ho to edit .pbo files i try it for 3 hours and it dont work. Can you send me pbo characters_data with extCameraPosition[]={0.0,1.0,-3.5}; ?

you are. characters_data.pbo with your values.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im trying to figure out a workaround for locking doors.
Original steam game seems to have it harcoded, cause I can't find scripts or config entries for locking doors either in houses or in lockpick.
So I figured out a workaround.
Problem is that I can access to door selections of a model .p3d, but I can't assign each door a variable cause they are just animated pieces of the main house model, so variable got assigned to the main model, not to the door...
Is anybody whilling to help me?

#EDIT
Actually, I figured out also how to assign a single variable to each door...
stay tuned...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Error trying to save file: Error downloading " ": i got this message when i tried to update.
no update needed?

Back