Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ether Saga Ubuntu Server 12.04 Vbox Img

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

One last thing, I saw somewhere it said that the data was store gamedbd/dbhomewdb, but how do you look up account or edit it or edit stuff, because if you right click - edit it give you weird writing. For instant if I forgot my login name or password or my account ID, how do I look that up? And everytime I restart my server or close it it always do rollback how do I make it to save and doesn't do roll every restart?
you can get your userid and username from but there is no way to get your password as you cant decrypt it the way it works is it re does the encryption and compares it with whats in the mysql. you can however make a php page that can let you remake a password for a user as if you look at index.php on the simple site it will show you encryption.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

One last thing, I saw somewhere it said that the data was store gamedbd/dbhomewdb, but how do you look up account or edit it or edit stuff, because if you right click - edit it give you weird writing. For instant if I forgot my login name or password or my account ID, how do I look that up? And everytime I restart my server or close it it always do rollback how do I make it to save and doesn't do roll every restart?

I'm new to ether saga also, so I'm learning along the way...
The rolls backs are because the server hasn't had time to write everything to the databases before you stop the server, so just give it a few minutes if you don't want roll backs to happen.

You could make a php script that resets the password, finds your username via the email ect, ect, as passwords are stored in the Sql database not the game database.

as for items and character data we are looking at modifying a perfect world iweb to work with Eso.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm new to ether saga also, so I'm learning along the way...
The rolls backs are because the server hasn't had time to write everything to the databases before you stop the server, so just give it a few minutes if you don't want roll backs to happen.

You could make a php script that resets the password, finds your username via the email ect, ect, as passwords are stored in the Sql database not the game database.

as for items and character data we are looking at modifying a perfect world iweb to work with Eso.

you can get your userid and username from but there is no way to get your password as you cant decrypt it the way it works is it re does the encryption and compares it with whats in the mysql. you can however make a php page that can let you remake a password for a user as if you look at index.php on the simple site it will show you encryption.

Thank you guys.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
as for items and character data we are looking at modifying a perfect world iweb to work with Eso.[/QUOTE]

that is fine :sheep::rolleyes:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you very much. the server is running very well. Can you show me how to change the language in this game?

@sora1984 Can you make exactly how to change Item name in shop into English ? > <
U can use this file: .

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Server setup was easy it seems, just have to test it with the client.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To the people who are able to do the console commands...did you download everything including client and vbox image from this thread?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oracle VM VirtualBox Import Error
sagaerror - Ether Saga Ubuntu Server 12.04 Vbox Img - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
EDIT: nvm, problem solved. Now it would be nice to get some help on how to use GM commands.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really hate VirtualBox with a passion as I can't get it to work.

2 issues:
1. You cannot import the .ova file. You get a error. Your .ovf config won't allow you to import it (even setting the correct parameters it doesn't work). To get pass this I had to pull the .vdmk from the .ova and build a machine AROUND it (this is one reason why I hate VirtualBox. The way they designed this is retarded).

2. Getting the Network Adapter to actually function in VirtualBox is a pain in the butt. Even doing adapter 1: NAT and adapter 2: Host-Only, then setting up the IP in the guest OS, it refuses to establish a connection. Bridging the adapters also does not work.

So I tossed VB in the trash bin for the um-teenth Ducking time and decided to use VMware.

It works. It boots up. There's a connection. But there's one problem:

Using this .vdmk in VMware forces the system volume to READ-ONLY. You cannot edit, modify, upload ANYTHING in the system. /ragequit

Really annoying that i've tried messing with this for nearly 6 hours and nothing works.

Back