• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Files Corrupted [Help

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since I downloaded the 2.1 patch my code has been changed from:
Code:
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
To:
Code:
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com

When I try changing the realm list and try to log in on a different private server it says a file may be corrupted, so I can't get on any private servers.
Any idea to get in.
I've tried changing just the realm list, that didn't work, then tried changing both, again, didn't work. I wonder, has blizzard figured out a way to stop private servers?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
just remove the patch line, it's not needed.
and just make sure your realmlist.wtf reads:

set realmlist *server ip*

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You could try changing the wtf folder in your wow game dir, that will clear all settings for the client, but that should not be stopping it anyway..

You could also try deleting that wtf file and make a new one.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
"set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com" is a new line bliz added with yesterday's 2.1 patch.

Reason you can't connect to private servers is because you upgraded to 2.1 wow client. I have the same problem :bad:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Thats a load of bs.
I have a server up and running with the 2.1 client, and I can get ingame..

The patch line is NOT needed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thats a load of bs.
I have a server up and running with the 2.1 client, and I can get ingame..

The patch line is NOT needed.
With it, it doesn't work, without it, it doesnt work.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
yeah, something must of happened during the patching.

If you have the original install files for wow, then install it clean and patch up, thats what I would do.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could try changing the wtf folder in your wow game dir, that will clear all settings for the client, but that should not be stopping it anyway..

You could also try deleting that wtf file and make a new one.

That doesn't work either.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You get the "Can't Validate game version a file may have been corrupted" messages when your WoW client doesn't match the server version. Properly uninstall WoW (Or use a downgrader... uninstalling works best) Using the control panel, and then reinstall WoW.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You get the "Can't Validate game version a file may have been corrupted" messages when your WoW client doesn't match the server version. Properly uninstall WoW (Or use a downgrader... uninstalling works best) Using the control panel, and then reinstall WoW.
Where's the downgrader located?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
best for ya to reinstall, I know it takes some time to do but you will end up with a better result than by using a down-grader, unless it's necessary.

Back