Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Follow System :: Global*

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MapleStory is about many things--adventure, excitement, fun, but most of all it’s about friends! Friends are the lifeblood that makes MapleStory live and we’re always looking for new ways for friends to help one another.

Coming on July 14th, the MapleStory Follow system is designed to make helping friends easier than ever before. The Follow system is simply a way to set your character to follow another around without your intervention. It’s a great way for a friend to show you the best way to get to that secret hunting spot or how to get through that dungeon unscathed or just to take a nice walk through a Maple World spot of your choosing!

Here’s how it works:

1. To start following another character, simply right-click on the person you’d like to follow around. A pop-up window will appear.

1. Please note that the other character must be standing on a flat surface and be within 10 feet for the system to work. The Follow system will not work on characters that are on ladders or hanging from ropes.

iAkira - Follow System :: Global* - RaGEZONE Forums
2. Left-click “Follow.”

3. The person you are trying to follow must accept your request. A pop-up window will appear on their screen asking if they’ll allow you to follow them. They must click “Yes.”

4.Your character will begin following the other character around.

a. If you perform any action while in “Follow” mode, the mode will be canceled and your character will stop moving. To start “Follow” mode again, return to step 1.

Note 1: The Follow system may be canceled if players attempt to travel through certain portals.

Note 2: The Follow system may be disabled on certain maps.

It’s that easy! Now get out there and help some friends!

Are you following me? Get some NX today!
Looking for freebies? Earn some free NX with these great offers!
In my opinion they just copied Runescape..
Discussion.

Zzzz...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've only played runsecape for a short while but thats probably where they gotit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ive seen this in many 3d games, its nice to see it in maplestory, i wonder if u can follow someone who is already following another person, then we could make a big train of followers.

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow it's pretty unique to me. Also, when did they have an "add junior function?" It would be pretty unique in party quests as well

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This idea isn't that unique that it has to be copied. Not hard to think of this yourself. Just because runescape has something like this it doesn't mean its copied. Alot of other games also have a following system like this.

Its a very common idea. Still i don't see why MapleStory needs it?

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They didn't copy this from RuneScape, or any other game. Tbh, I remember a "follow" function being in Warcraft when it was a 2d Single Player game for consoles. You'd give an order for your "troops" to follow your other "troops". Hell, I think this was in Civilization too. The point is, it's been around for a long time, so who cares what online game had it first. This basically encourages leeching IMO.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
And Pirate King Online (PKO), the new "Tales of Pirates".

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a fail for maplestory, since MS has portals, other
games that have this like FlyFF, World of Warcraft, doesn't
have that.

-_- You do realize the major difference between MapleStory and those other games is that MapleStory is a 2D game right? If MapleStory didn't have portals, there would not be different maps, which would mean everyone would be on the same map. I doubt that would help with their stability considering it's a 2D game. It doesn't have the "space" to handle massive amounts of people on a single map. Example: FM Ch 1 always has approx. 300-400 people and look how bad it lags. There are roughly 50k+ people per world. If the FM lags at 300-400 people, what would it be like with 50k+? 3D games have literally no use for portals such as that, or rather, as often as MapleStory. I'm not sure about WoW, but I do know Flyff has some portals for the "dungeons".

Last edited:
may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but this is a bit cool if u ask me :)

Back