• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

FPS Game, Rigid World.

Reaction score
If you can build enough intrest and come up with a creative thing that will differentiate it then you may want to keep working. Why pass up a potential million dollar product.

Hah yeah true, we plan on keeping this project alive as long as we can and keep going.
We are planning on releasing a Demo as soon as we can, BUT we won't release it untill we are 100% satisfied with it. (Since that would be incredibly stupid ^^).

Update:
Another progress screenshot, this is our solution to how to show ammunition.
Justei - FPS Game, Rigid World. - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Kick butt. It would be bad to prerelease if it isnt properly working. Id gladly test an mmo version of this with ya :D

Reaction score
Kick butt. It would be bad to prerelease if it isnt properly working. Id gladly test an mmo version of this with ya :D

Indeed, our thought was that we would have a LOT done yesterday, but there was a complication and we didn't have time to do it (complication being we have lives, who knew lol).

So atm since we are already overdue the release date for the DEMO we can just as well make it PERFECT and then release a nice demo.

Just hope people don't think it's the next MW or something, just hope people keep in mind this IS a hobby project lol.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Indeed, our thought was that we would have a LOT done yesterday, but there was a complication and we didn't have time to do it (complication being we have lives, who knew lol).

So atm since we are already overdue the release date for the DEMO we can just as well make it PERFECT and then release a nice demo.

Just hope people don't think it's the next MW or something, just hope people keep in mind this IS a hobby project lol.

Id hope people thought i was personally because then you would be able to get alot of attention for it and get a full staff?

Reaction score
Id hope people thought i was personally because then you would be able to get alot of attention for it and get a full staff?

Well, I was mostly trying to point out that we can't make a big game like that very fast with only 2 ppl ^^. And we don't really need more people, cus well, we have so much fun together, and more ppl would ruin that, maybe..
In any case, u guys will see how good it is when we release a demo ^^.

x42

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well, I was mostly trying to point out that we can't make a big game like that very fast with only 2 ppl ^^. And we don't really need more people, cus well, we have so much fun together, and more ppl would ruin that, maybe..
In any case, u guys will see how good it is when we release a demo ^^.

And this is how good games are made.
Having fun doing it with no profit in mind :eek:

Good luck with this :) Have fun!

Reaction score
And this is how good games are made.
Having fun doing it with no profit in mind :eek:

Good luck with this :) Have fun!

I agree with this, we are having loads of fun and are keeping to work on the project ^^.

We made pretty much everything that was needed for the Demo however it's a little too easy. And we are going to make it a little longer atm ^^.

Reaction score
Hahaha, I find it hilarious that people are asking when it will be released; for various reasons.

However, like someone else said, For making this stuff at home, It looks really good! I'd compare this to Halo: Combat Evolved for the PC. The guns look somewhat realistic, and the dumpster and road block sign both looked very good!

If you keep with this project, I'll keep giving you feedback :p

Reaction score
Hahaha, I find it hilarious that people are asking when it will be released; for various reasons.

However, like someone else said, For making this stuff at home, It looks really good! I'd compare this to Halo: Combat Evolved for the PC. The guns look somewhat realistic, and the dumpster and road block sign both looked very good!

If you keep with this project, I'll keep giving you feedback :p

Thanks, yeah we are pretty bad at keeping posting screenshots, also there isnt THAT much of a point since one minute we post a screenshot, and it will be outdated 5 minutes later ^^.

And any feedback (continuous) is VERY appreciated since then you see the improvement as well as we go.

Current progress atm (a little at least):
  • New menu, looks much better.
  • Menu settings saved in config files etc, so u can change res/fullscreen etc.
  • Objectives ingame.
  • Added voice acting,
  • Music
  • Mood setting music
  • Sound effects for background.
  • Adding more dynamic lighting.
  • Event handler for the objectives, so when you get to a certain point ingame (area in coordinates), with criteria, such as if you have accomplished previous tasks, and if you press (E for example), it will trigger stuff.
  • Added subtitles for the voice acting, so if u miss something, it will be there.
  • GUI, ammo etc.
  • Keeping to work on story.
  • More ingame content (models etc).
  • And more... (Can't remember all lol)
Currently working on making a LOT more, also tweaking physics, etc...

A screenshot taken a cpl of minutes ago below.
Btw, don't mind the texture of the map around the gate etc. It's a test-texture xD looks a bit crappy, we're adding Bumpmaps etc for the textures of bigger objects.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
How are the physics? Like what happens when you shoot at that barrel? Have you had multiple users in at once?

Well, the physics are very good if u ask me :p.

Say you shoot at a barrell the following will happen:

1. Projectile fires from your position in the direction you aim.

2. It hits the barrel, calculates direction/speed etc, and rotates/pushes/etc the barrel, ALSO taking into account what force is already applied to the barrel, also the bullet will richoette, losing momentum, force, speed, but still being a "force" so basically depending on how you shoot, the projectile will have a LOT of different force etc.

3. And we have been 2 players online, BUT multiplayer is put on ice since there isn't THAT much fun in making it + it's not that important to us.

4. We use a physics engine called "Bullet", a very powerful and good engine, for example used in the production in movies, such as Toy Story 3, Inception, etc. (Google it for more references).

Reaction score
Well, the physics are very good if u ask me :p.

Say you shoot at a barrell the following will happen:

1. Projectile fires from your position in the direction you aim.

2. It hits the barrel, calculates direction/speed etc, and rotates/pushes/etc the barrel, ALSO taking into account what force is already applied to the barrel, also the bullet will richoette, losing momentum, force, speed, but still being a "force" so basically depending on how you shoot, the projectile will have a LOT of different force etc.

3. And we have been 2 players online, BUT multiplayer is put on ice since there isn't THAT much fun in making it + it's not that important to us.

4. We use a physics engine called "Bullet", a very powerful and good engine, for example used in the production in movies, such as Toy Story 3, Inception, etc. (Google it for more references).

That sounds amazing! Don't rush the beta, when it comes, it will be awesome :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
aaa can't wait for demo :)

its verry good game ;p

Grtzzz Jürgen

Reaction score
That sounds amazing! Don't rush the beta, when it comes, it will be awesome :D
Thanks, we do our best, we will most likely upload a video as soon as we feel comfortable with it :). (Some sort of... pre-demo video showoff-trailer-whatever).
First though before we release a Demo I am trying the game out on friends, so that we see that the tasks are... well obvious enough so people don't get stuck! ^^...

aaa can't wait for demo :)

its verry good game ;p

Grtzzz Jürgen
Hah, thanks mate. Yeah hopefully everyone is as optimistic as you ;).

Just a general update:
We decided to expand the Demo in general, also we decided to re-make a lot of the models to include better mapping and Bump-Mapping, which should have been done in the first place. This will mean MUCH better graphics and details. And more content as well is being added to make the Demo more fun to play.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
:Update:

Today we are trying to make a cool looking menu and a secondary weapon (revolver). We will also be doing some more work on the GUI and in general just trying to fix some of the small issues we are currently having concerning the game.

one major thing we have done today is that we have added shader! I've been bugging Justei with doing so for ages... :p
He is currently adjusting some setting and making it possible to change resolution and turning shaders on and off.

Regarding the release of the demo... Like said before, we will be postponing the release date until we are satisfied with the product, but we are eager to get it done asap, so you can hopefully play the demo in a near future! :D

/Hamstr

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Excellent job so far guys!

I'm sure there's still LOTS left to see, and explore once the demo is out ;).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Looking good so far!
Could you show me some more screenshots?

Reaction score
Just an update to people, I know we haven't really been updating the thread much, mostly because the development is taking up all our free time lol.

Just wanted to drop by and say that we are still working on it and if you have any questions please ask or join our IRC.

I'll be adding a update here as soon as I feel we have something we want to show you, but without spoiling anything ingame.

Back