• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Fundraising for the JTYAF

Reaction score
Now, I appreciate some of you may be against the idea of donating to a charity based on commemorating the life of a soldier with the whole pacifism thing, but I'll explain why it's so much more.

I am Cadet Warrant Officer Tyler Low, a member of the Royal Air Force Air Cadets and currently a student on Junior Leaders Course XV. I will be raising money for The John Thornton Young Achiever's Foundation (JTYAF).

The John Thornton Young Achievers Foundation honours the life of John and was setup by his parents Pete and Linda. The JTYAF has one simple objective; to encourage and assist young people to climb as high as they can dream. The foundation provides annual scholarships and bursaries for their training and personal development in pursuit of their ambitions. John, from Ferndown, Dorset, was sadly killed in southern Afghanistan on the 30th March 2008 when his vehicle struck a roadside bomb. Since the charity's formation in 2008 the JTYAF has made awards to 370 young people which totals over £170,000.

As part of my fundraising, I aim to complete the Coast 2 Coast cycle, cycling from Whitehaven on the west coast of England, to Sunderland on the east coast in as few days as possible.

The Coast 2 Coast will be from Whitehaven to Sunderland and is a 135 mile (217km) journey which I aim to complete in 3 days.

I'd very much like to raise as much as possible for such an extraordinary charity and help youngster's achieve their ambitions. Any donations are welcome and would be monumentally appreciated.
I will keep you thoroughly updated with progress on the organisation and participation of both events.

For more information on JTYAF and Lt John Thornton himself, please visit http://www.jtyaf.org/
For more information on how previous Junior Leaders have got involved and benefitted from the JTYAF, please visit http://www.jtyaf.org/our-work/award-winners/717/

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

If you've got any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I'd be happy to answer. As I mentioned, any donations, big or small, will be much appreciated!

TL;DR; I'm fundraising for an excellent charity, please donate!
Tyler - Fundraising for the JTYAF - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
A little disappointed to see not a single response. :(:

Seriously guys, I don't think you all understand the gravity of this charity and the work it does! A little donation goes a long way, even if it is only just a few pounds/dollars/euros/whatever.

Back