• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

GameSocket Listener getting ddosed (Botnet IP's)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was told that I should get a ddos protected server.
So I got a premium vps at hostsavor which contains game anti-ddos
Unfortunately I got an attack a week ago which had 9000 different IPs.
I wrote to the support of hostsavor who told me to block the IP's from my server.
So I installed an additional program (PeerBlock) and changed the gamesocketmanager so that I make an automatic block with unregistered IPS (users.sql - ip_last column). However, in 20% of cases this leads to a block which is not a DDOS Ip although the user has an ip address (users.sql - iplast)
Slowly I'm really desperate and am already thinking about giving up the project.
At other successful hotels, things are going so well and have done several tests and I have not come across a result
I hope someone can help me there.

Thanks.
Also, I own cloudflare but I hardly think it's not cloudflare.

Reaction score
I was told that I should get a ddos protected server.
So I got a premium vps at hostsavor which contains game anti-ddos
Unfortunately I got an attack a week ago which had 9000 different IPs.
I wrote to the support of hostsavor who told me to block the IP's from my server.
So I installed an additional program (PeerBlock) and changed the gamesocketmanager so that I make an automatic block with unregistered IPS (users.sql - ip_last column). However, in 20% of cases this leads to a block which is not a DDOS Ip although the user has an ip address (users.sql - iplast)
Slowly I'm really desperate and am already thinking about giving up the project.
At other successful hotels, things are going so well and have done several tests and I have not come across a result
I hope someone can help me there.

Thanks.
Also, I own cloudflare but I hardly think it's not cloudflare.
Regarding Hostsavor for DDOS Protection - it uses OVH game servers, so it could be cheaper and more beneficial to go straight to OVH. If you're wanting something that has a much better firewall go to Google Cloud.

As for the attacks - it may help to get a reverse proxy that also rate limits and sniffs out botnets. You could also just ban proxy users all together considering most attacks happen from hosting providers.

Upvote 0
Back