• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Getting C++

Cuteh
Banned
Reaction score
Do i necesseraly need to install Visual Net Studio to use c++ ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Isn't it in the package? Alls I know is you need some .net file...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Masami said:
Do i necesseraly need to install Visual Net Studio to use c++ ?

C++ is part of Visual Studio.NET
but
You can get a C++ compiler from other places, because to use C++ you need a C++ compiler:

GCC free, stand alone, from the net
Platform SDK, incluseds C++ compiler (IIRC), free from Microsoft (but it's damn big)
The free version of the C++ compiler from microsoft, this is the same C++ compiler/optimiser as the one in Visual Studio.NET

But, if you have the Visual Studio.NET just install it, and choose only to install the C/C++ related options, it's probably the best for a beginer

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Masami said:
ok thanks yeh the visual net is 6 cds big :S

1 CD - Prerequsites
2 CDs - C/C++,C#,VB.NET,J.NET + more bullshiet...
3 CDS - MSDN

You can install only the C++, but you still need all the first 3 CDs, C++ alone is a few handred megs

but, if you just want to play around Dev C++ is just fine
:)

Back