• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Getting It Public, Any Luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, after getting some amazing help from PyroSamurai and Iceblade, which went without any problems, cheers lads. I've come to a point where I am just grabbing into the dark. Well you guessed it! It's getting the server public.

So far I have seen this is a difficult thing to do in general as people have asked these things before in this section and I am sure only a few were able to make it public. Now back to my question, how does one make their Trickster Server Public? I have downloaded PyroSamurai box release and tried different things to get it public, Opening ports, Bridging, IP Changing and more things that would make this list quite big, I was planning to host the Trickster server of course on a VPS, but that won't matter and will be useless if I can't even connect with the Client on my computer to the Server on the Virtual Box.

This won't be the only place i'll ask for help, but I hope that some people on RaGEZONE know the answer to this question. I appreciate any help and answers that relate to this question.

Cheers guys!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any chance to change client become 12 IP adress by adjusting the hex block?

Upvote 0
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I'll be releasing a virtual box in a couple days. I'm currently making sure there are no major glitches. The release will come with directions on how to hook it up for public access.

Edit: I'm busy with schoolwork at the moment so it will take longer than I originally estimated. Probably won't be released until December.

Final edit 1/27/2014 : This issue has been solved and a guide has been written.

Go to this release: http://forum.ragezone.com/f297/virtualbox-public-trickster-server-release-983126/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back