Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Getting Server Online ( BEING SUCH A NOOB)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
OK FIRST OF ALL SORRY FOR BEING SUCH A NOOB BUT CAN ANYONE HELP ME MAKE MY SERVER ONLINE.. HERES A LIST OF THINGS THAT I SEARCHED HERE AND OTHER WEBSITES .. SORRY FOR BEING SUCH A NOOB

ok first of all i dont know how to "forward ports" my Router is D-Link DI-524 << ive been to portforward.com and i just dont get it.. can some one help..

second i've seen dark's video and doesnt help much and just makes my server crash whenever i try it out.. ( tried 2 times LOL =D ) i just put it back to the way it was...

third and lastly.. Hamachi is "useless" pretty much CoZ im using Vista.. and i dont know how to set up open VPN which makes my life worse ..

P.S. its my first time using making a server and im not really a programmer or what not.. i cook for a living yeah thats right... ahaha so there.. i was hoping to get help "forwarding ports" coz i just dont get it.. tried serveral programs.. ~_~ tried dark's video ( major bust ) tried hamachi .. waste of time... tried open vpn.. cant even install it... so if there is anyone out there that can help me please.. . . post here.. thanks..

just wanna play with some friends.. >.<

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are problems running the server behind a router and port forwarding is not the problem. I have posted the reason quite afew times now and i also include a big explanation in my hamachi guide if you are curious. I actually tried openvpn as well but that is far too fiddly for most folks here which is why i went with hamachi instead. If you do a search you will find many similar posts by people with routers.

I have been looking into the vista+hamachi problem and one solution seems to be working for some people.

Try those tips and see if that helps any.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ThAnK You ChumPy .. u never fail to amaze me.. really getting desparate....

didnt work... uhHhH.. still cant make it WorK >.<...

EDIT:

ok is this what it means to forward ports

( MY ROUTER : D-Link DI-524 )

will this work?

if people log in using my WAN ip can they log in game?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
I should have watched my mouth and not said/talked poop to DeadlyData telling him things like your are not welcome here because then I become the one who is truly not welcome here.

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you have a router i would suggest the Hamachi option. Port forwarding isn't needed for Hamachi and i don't know another way of getting it to work behind a router. If you set the server to use your WAN IP they will be able to log in but you won't, use your LAN IP and you will be able to log in but they won't. Use Hamachi and the Hamachi IP and you can all get in and you don't need to forward ports.

I'm not too familiar with D-Link routers but in the first image i think the "protocol" should be TCP/UDP. You didn't enter the Cabal entry in the "virtual server list" by the look of it either. I might not be right with that bit though as it is very different to the way my router forwarding works.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
will try as soon as some of my friends wake up.. @_@... thanks cypher.. sooo tireD...

well thnx for the suggestions but.. i think some people got it to work with routers.. and besides.. this is a dedicated server i have another pC to play at.. ^^ hehehe.. but uhmm.. i dont really know how to use hamachi.. and yes.. its a pain.. everytime i ping the hamachi IP in my computer it wont ping.. except when i ping it in hamachi.. so i tried to install hamachi on CentOS only.. and still didnt work.. so how do u suggest i do that?

i know hamachi creates a tunnel for those that want to log in my server but apparently they cant connect.. i mean i set up the hamachi in CentOS ( hamachi-0.9.9.9-20-lnx ) installed it.. and everytime i let my friend connect they can't . . .

EDIT:

i Changed the IPs in my WorldSvr_24_01.ini, WorldSvr_24_01, WorldSvr_24_01
LoginSvr_01, and still wont connect.. so ur saying i should install hamachi on my windows and CentOS ? but i still cant configure the one in CentOS..

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o​

oh and BTW .. the first pic has a " * " on the side of the ports 38100 - 38200 in my router it goes like this..
TCP/UPD/ICP/* then at the right side you type in the port range..

here's a pic

ok i gave chumpy's hamachi thing 1 more try.. and uhmm.. heres the thing.. whenever i install hamachi on CentOS and start it this pops up anyone got a solution for this?

LOG:
[root@cabal ~]# hamachi start
15 12:01:43.340 [ 0] [14049] tap: connect() failed 2 (No such file or directory)

but if i just type in hamachi this comes out

[root@cabal ~]# hamachi
Hamachi does not seem to be running. Have you run 'hamachi start' ?

big question... should i install hamachi on CentOS or Just Windows?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
(Your Model of ROuter)

There you go mate i got Dlink DSL-2740B and it works perfect so it should work on yours. These routeres are GateWay ones..

That ip you unblock needs to be LAN IP.

if you still cant do it Message me on MSN ill help you.:construct

BTW :2gunsfiring_v1::smilie_xp

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOG:
[root@cabal ~]# hamachi start
15 12:01:43.340 [ 0] [14049] tap: connect() failed 2 (No such file or directory)

but if i just type in hamachi this comes out

[root@cabal ~]# hamachi
Hamachi does not seem to be running. Have you run 'hamachi start' ?

big question... should i install hamachi on CentOS or Just Windows?

This happens because you did not run the "tuncfg" command first. Every single time you start the server you must run "tuncfg" followed by "hamachi start" or you will get that error.

Upvote 0
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
I should have watched my mouth and not said/talked poop to DeadlyData telling him things like your are not welcome here because then I become the one who is truly not welcome here.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can sombody upload the tuncfg folder for the hamachi linux installer..i dont kwno why but i tried downloading linux hamachi theres no tuncfg folder and it always give me error will typing make install command..

"cant find tuncfg/tuncfg file directory doesnt exist"

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you have a router i would suggest the Hamachi option. Port forwarding isn't needed for Hamachi and i don't know another way of getting it to work behind a router. If you set the server to use your WAN IP they will be able to log in but you won't, use your LAN IP and you will be able to log in but they won't. Use Hamachi and the Hamachi IP and you can all get in and you don't need to forward ports.

I'm not too familiar with D-Link routers but in the first image i think the "protocol" should be TCP/UDP. You didn't enter the Cabal entry in the "virtual server list" by the look of it either. I might not be right with that bit though as it is very different to the way my router forwarding works.

Chumpy i know theres an issue with holding server behind a router especialy in my case becuase i have a D-Link XD so my question is : Will installing Hamachi and still be behind a router work becuase i have sevral pcs at my house and without a router ill leave peoples with no internets ^_^

Upvote 0
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score

Upvote 0
Back