Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Getting Started:Simple sign...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
Well I just want to give a help to the new artists in here that want to make a simple signature, so I’ll try to explain, hope you like it :smilie3:
1. Create a new Document (ctrl+N) make it around 400x100 or other size, but remember huge signs are ugly :p make it transparent. then Press "D"

2. Now the next thing you have to make its the base background, for that go to "Filter>render>clouds"
3. Ok you now got the background of your sign, you can press ctrl+F to repeat the effect until you got some cool clouds.
4. Go to "Filter>Render>Lens Flare..." and put two flare in both sides with 64% brightness(to make two flares you have to go to filter>render... again)

5.Go to "Filter>Sketch>Chrome..." make it with 0 smoothness.
6. "Filter>Blur>Radial Blur..." (lets make an strange effect)

7. So far we did noting, but lets change it, go to "Filter>Stylize>Extrude"

8. Now we have to duplicate the layer, right click on Layer 1 and then Duplicate layer...

9.Go to "Filter>Stylize>Glowing edges"

10. "Filter>Stylize>Find edges"
11.Change blending mode to Overlay

12. WoW Creepy o_O ok now click on Layer 1 and then press "ctrl+U"

13. Ok I believe that we got a cool background for us no?:icon6: ok press ctrl+shift+E
14. Make a new layer

15. chose the Polygonal lasso tool(bring the menu with right click on the icon)

16. Press Shift and draw something like this:

17. now press ctrl+shift+I (remember that you have to make this area in layer 2) now right click in the area and select Fill, and fill it with white.
18. Now right click in Layer 2( in the window at your right) and chose "bleeding options..."
19. Make just like this

20. Now time to add a Gradient in the borders, i made this one with sign colours

21. Now you just need to chose where you want to place your name and that’s it, I used bleeding effects in my text too and I made it like this:

I hope you liked it, and hope you can make it(well its pretty simple :D), and make experiments with filters and you can make some nice things, using tutos can help you too, but of course discovering for your self its funnier :icon6:

Last edited:
Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
hehe ok, i wanna see :p
i'm going to make a tuto to teach how to make tech borders, its not hard but at least i can pass my knows to someone lol
btw dont know why imageshack say:No thumbnail available but o well if you click on it you will able to see the image(i hope)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
eh I'm almost done.. sorta got confused when you said bleeding, then realized it was blending. I'm using a different photoshop to do this so its a little different. BTW that whole lasso thing is a pain in the butt! o_O

FUCKEN HELL! If you click off screen with the lasso it messes up the whole line then you gotta restart

Last edited:
Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
lol changed it :p
a little mistake xD
its not that bad, when i'll make the tech border you will see, you need to have patience to make it :p
mine took me like 20+ mins o_O the good ones can take 1hour :eek:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Eh I had it until I got to the border.. then it just looked like crap. I liked the whole backround, I just couldnt grasp the concept of a border. It was a good tut tho, I'm just a bad student >.<

I learned some new tricks tho, so this wasnt a total Failure :D

Last edited:
Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
its not that bad, did you made the: 12 step? the one with ( now click on Layer 1 and then press "ctrl+U) and did you changed the mode to overlay?
and for the border you can try to "fill" it up a little bit, try to put these settings in the Bevel and Emboss(Depth: 312 size:4 soften:13) and lets see if you got some nice border :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think im taking a break from it, photoshop is pissing me off >.<. Some of the hotkeys are also different, so for some of them I have to look for the command. Anyways this is a better border perhaps

Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
hehe yea i'm using the 7 o_O
the borders are invisible o_O lol
maybe if you change the color of them it wouldn't mix with the other layer ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've come to the fact that im border retarded >.< lol. I've learned how to make sexy backrounds tho so you did teach me something sensei

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
very nice guide i neva made a siggy on photoshop b4 and ur guide helped loads the only problem i got is that i didnt understand the part of making a border Lol and didnt get a border :) but apart from that u have shown me how 2 make a cool siggy thnks alot :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Umm sorry for asking this dumb question.. But what program are you using?

I have CS2 from adobe photoshop but it looks so different and I can't the File->Render->Cloud won't work for me cause it's supposedly "Unavailabe" since I can't select it

nvm i got clouds now

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
XkillaX said:
Umm sorry for asking this dumb question.. But what program are you using?
I have CS2 from adobe photoshop but it looks so different and I can't the File->Render->Cloud won't work for me cause it's supposedly "Unavailabe" since I can't select it
nvm i got clouds now
he used photoshop but a older version :)

+ i have a border yay :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol man.. I keep messing up with this.. Okay gonna try third time, then post prob.. LOL

Also wanted to ask what font you used :p:p:p

Here ya go:p I got it:p:p:p
(look at my sig) :p

gonna go do more with different style with the lasso thingie

There's another experiment that came out Awfully T_T, well I was messing around so it's alright I guess

OutKaster - Getting Started:Simple sign... - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
LoLz they are better than mine :D i'm goin 2 sleep now but wen i wake up i will post my disaters LoL :)

Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
XkillaX said:
lol man.. I keep messing up with this.. Okay gonna try third time, then post prob.. LOL
Also wanted to ask what font you used :p:p:p
Here ya go:p I got it:p:p:p
(look at my sig) :p
gonna go do more with different style with the lasso thingie
There's another experiment that came out Awfully T_T, well I was messing around so it's alright I guess
OutKaster - Getting Started:Simple sign... - RaGEZONE Forums

First of all thanks for the coments and glad you all liked it :thumbup:
and the font in my sign its called: "Induction" found it somewhere in a site of founts :icon6:

hehe thats a BIG border :p
btw i'm using the Photoshop 7, and yea you can't click in the "clouds" in the Cs2 don't know why

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back