Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Getting User Rank: Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
You need to be a member of RZ for a year or over. Actively contributed to RZ and or the MMO Development scene and be nominated. Of course if you're a well known programmer in the field you can also get it that way.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Easy, I'm the only Programmer in RuneScape Section, then Between 10-11 Months I'll Become Developer

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well since he is the only programmer I think it is impossible for someone to vouch for him

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Getting the Developer rank is quite hard, don't expect it to be easy. Only a very few people has the rank, and it's for very obvious reasons. There has to be releases and high quality posts and guides for that sort of rank. As far as I can see Shadi Darkness, you have non releases so far. So don't expect to have the rank within that period of time. Cause I highly doubt it. Unless of course you plan to contribute A LOT the next couple of months.

Reaction score
help,share,release and nominations = rank! A good example atm is DNC. He does help and he releases, but of a jackass at times but give it another 6 months of modest behavior and he would earn it. Use him as an up and comer for an example (minus the occasional douche behavior).

Developer is not limited to MMO either. Programmers can obtain it too from coders paradise.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
help,share,release and nominations = rank! A good example atm is DNC. He does help and he releases, but of a jackass at times but give it another 6 months of modest behavior and he would earn it. Use him as an up and comer for an example (minus the occasional douche behavior).

Developer is not limited to MMO either. Programmers can obtain it too from coders paradise.

Also good example is MegaMax he done alot of great for this community... if you follow, instant developer rank :D

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
does web developing counts? ;-; curious.

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But I only contribute in the maplestory section?? lolol

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have released quite a few things and helped in multiple sections (GunZ, RaiderZ, and WarZ), as well as being active in many of the non-gaming sections here on RZ. I still answer a majority of the questions asked in the GunZ section to this day and try to post at least a few times a day. Since school has been active until last Wednesday my releases have decreased, but I will release at least a few things over break o.-

If developer rank was easy to receive, there would be no value in getting it.

Reaction score
Well I see the Developer Rank as just a rank, I'm a huge Developer, and allot of people here are.
I really don't mind not having it because even though I don't have it I still develop things. My best offer too you, is if you want the title bad enough contribute allot for many sections(Make things, not just leech releases etc), throughout the forum. then when you have enough proof of it submit your work to dan/ other Dev ranks to try to get votes to get the rank.
--

I wish you luck! :)

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well im going to contribute soon my big project (character display for up to date version of maple, only one doing it atm), and I already contributed a lot of work, check my signature for a couple of examples :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back