• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Giant panda in China bites third victim

Λκαяυz føяeνeя
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Roamer - Giant panda in China bites third victim - RaGEZONE Forums
Roamer - Giant panda in China bites third victim - RaGEZONE Forums

For the third time, he's tasted the flesh of an unwitting intruder in his pen at Beijing Zoo.
His most recent victim was 28-year-old Zhang Jiao, who told CNN he fell into the panda pen Wednesday while trying to catch a small toy thrown by his young son.
"My son and I were playing with a panda doll, throwing it to each other, when I dropped with the toy" into the pen, Zhang said.

The barrier around the pen is about 5 feet tall, but on the other side is a drop of 9 to 10 feet, and Zhang says he could not climb out.
That's when Gu Gu went on the attack.
The 240-pound giant panda sunk his teeth into Zhang's left leg before moving on to the right leg.

"The panda is a national treasure, and I love and respect [him], so I didn't fight back," Zhang said. "The panda didn't let go until it chewed up my leg and its mouth was dripping with my blood."
Zookeepers needed to use tools to pry open Gu Gu's jaws.
Zhang said he never imagined a panda could be so vicious.
"I always thought they were cute and just ate bamboo," Zhang said.

According to Dr. Wang Tianbing, who treated Zhang, his wounds were severe, especially the damage done to the muscle and ligaments in his left leg.
"Normally, we think the panda is very tender animal, but actually it's a bear, not a cat. If the animal thinks it will be hurt by human beings, it is very dangerous."
Wang should know. In 2007, he treated another one of Gu Gu's victims, a 15-year-old boy who climbed into the pen to get a closer look. A year earlier, state media reported that a drunken tourist tried to hug the panda, who bit him. In an odd twist, the tourist reportedly bit back.
But being an endangered species and much-loved national icon means there's no "three strikes and you're out" for Gu Gu.

In fact, there's a possibility Zhang may face charges for entering the panda pen.

Zoo officials did not respond to CNN's request for an interview but are reportedly considering new measures to keep tourists out of Gu Gu's pen

Source:
:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Reaction score
Actually that seems like a stupid move that he made, he could have atleast used some logic to check if he could get back or not. Oh well, hope he gets better anyway.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow he should of ran. but i guess if he hit the panda while it bit him the panda would of shredded him up

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
For the third time, he's tasted the flesh of an unwitting intruder in his pen at Beijing Zoo.

Lol. Who's this reporter?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My love for pandas is being crushed =0. Well Red Pandas > Giant Pandas

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
more of a pen then a cage, they should add more security
More security? The guy should use some common sense, and if not, he deserves to be bitten.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol, well just in case they should have zookeepers on the lookout.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol, well just in case they should have zookeepers on the lookout.
Oh, that'd be much help.

"Men sound the alarm, someone has walked into the pen that says for your safety, don't cross the guardrail above it!".

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
OH HAI DAS A PRETTY SIGN RIGHT THUR!!1!!1!

Idk how he coudl've missed it..

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who does something stupid with full attention to the side effects

Back