• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

GMS - Like V38 Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all!

Thanks to Kiki for making a V38 localhost, I am now successfully able to access the login server from the client :)

ModdedMushroom - GMS - Like V38 Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Currently, I'm working on re-editing some odinms files so that they are compatible with V38.

Approximate publish time: About a week or so.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
*Looks up ancient patch notes and update lists* :O Cools.

So between this an v55, the main changes are:
Maps
  • Mushroom Shrine/Showa Town
  • NLC
  • Mu Lung/Herb Town
  • Pine Forest
  • Prendergast Mansion
  • Leafre
  • Leafre Cave

Fourth job advancement

Then there are minor updates like:
  • Mounts
  • Legendary Skill
  • Echo of Hero Skill
  • Multi Pet Skill
  • Monster Name/HP Bar
  • World Maps

But just a question, So why v38? I understand that people play v55 for nostalgic reasons due to the addition of pirates on v62 servers, and other classes later on. Not to mention the Big Bang patch.

But otherwise, v38 could be easily implemented in v55 :p Disable the maps, skills, and 4th job.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
*Looks up ancient patch notes and update lists* :O Cools.

So between this an v55, the main changes are:
Maps
  • Mushroom Shrine/Showa Town
  • NLC
  • Mu Lung/Herb Town
  • Pine Forest
  • Prendergast Mansion
  • Leafre
  • Leafre Cave

Fourth job advancement

Then there are minor updates like:
  • Mounts
  • Legendary Skill
  • Echo of Hero Skill
  • Multi Pet Skill
  • Monster Name/HP Bar
  • World Maps

But just a question, So why v38? I understand that people play v55 for nostalgic reasons due to the addition of pirates on v62 servers, and other classes later on. Not to mention the Big Bang patch.

But otherwise, v38 could be easily implemented in v55 :p Disable the maps, skills, and 4th job.

Thanks for writing that list! The reason I chose v38 was because it's nostalgic. It isn't the necessarily the big new features in v55 that makes it non-nostalgic, things like 4th job, new maps, etc. It's the littler things in v38 that make it original, things like no MTS button, no-down jump, no HT, less training spots, and less NPCs.

But it isn't THAT easy to use a v55 source for a v38 server. I'd have to change around a few things in the "src" folder for it to work.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thanks for writing that list! The reason I chose v38 was because it's nostalgic. It isn't the necessarily the big new features in v55 that makes it non-nostalgic, things like 4th job, new maps, etc. It's the littler things in v38 that make it original, things like no MTS button, no-down jump, no HT, less training spots, and less NPCs.

But it isn't THAT easy to use a v55 source for a v38 server. I'd have to change around a few things in the "src" folder for it to work.

v55 had down jump already? :O Because I don't remember it XP
And the only difference you listed would probably be the MTS button. Like I said earlier, you could disable entry to maps (hence the training spots as well as HT), and using the v38 XML files instead would remove the new NPCs already.

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score
v55 had down jump already? :O Because I don't remember it XP
And the only difference you listed would probably be the MTS button. Like I said earlier, you could disable entry to maps (hence the training spots as well as HT), and using the v38 XML files instead would remove the new NPCs already.

Yes why not take v142 server disable all features take v38 wz and tadah you are done!

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
This is a nice little project. I'm curious to see how it goes out. Let me know if you need any help, though I am useless when it comes to packets.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
Does this version have that old pink/purple/blue GM sign? ;O

OT; This looks like fun, PLEASE, don't quit like everyone else ._.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does this version have that old pink/purple/blue GM sign? ;O

OT; This looks like fun, PLEASE, don't quit like everyone else ._.
1+
Very interesting, can't wait to see where this is going.

Reaction score
I even suggest going lower: v28. v28 seems like the most stable GMS version, as it had Aqua Road - which is the best place for higher levels to train. However, the 4th generation of MapleStory (v30 to v39) had things like Amoria, Amoria Dungeon, Guild Quest, Orbis PQ, Quest Helper, Korean Folk Town, and the new tutorial (Which is pretty awesome, but still). Those are things which ruined the game, in my opinion.

v38 also had an awesome login screen.
ModdedMushroom - GMS - Like V38 Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
I have a v28 setup burried in my hard drive. If Kiki's willing to make a localhost for it, I'll upload the setup.

EDIT: offers direct links at awesome download speed for almost all versions. I hope maybe Kiki would make us a v28 localhost! I'd love to work on that version.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fraysa come to work on v28 source, i want play or test this version!
Thanks kiki

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
Just a quick question, does anyone know if it's possible to use a v83 source + localhost, then downgrade the v83 source's packets, and then play the server using example; v55, via a v83 source and v83 localhost, but v55 wz's? I guess you would need to edit the client to work with the v55 files.

Question to make it simple; Is it possible in some way?

Pretty much, if it's possible to play another version by using a source with correct packets, and then just disable everything that the lower version doesn't use?

I saw someone post on a release that this could be possible, but the main thing that could cause problems would be the localhost right?

If it's possible, then making a beta server wouldn't be too hard right :O

Back