Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gnome 3

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How do you like gnome 3 over other desktop environments such as "class" gnome, KDE, unity, XFCE, and such?

Reaction score
I was a bit hesitant towards it at first but quickly picked up fairly quickly, it's not too shabby, there's a few things I prefer in say Unity that the Gnome shell doesn't really do as well at but overall I like it now as something that I could put on a 'general' users computer, someone who just launches say the browser, Email, and Spreadsheet/Word document, one thing I can't really see is it being productive with people who multitask a lot, it just doesn't seem to be a very productive (imo).

It looks like it could be the way the future is heading, instead of point and click with a mouse, I think it's going to be touch screen and it would be nice to use Gnome 3 on a tablet, looks quite promising.

That being said, I kind of don't know where the project is heading after Gnome 3, it seems like everyone else has turned there back on it and go with KDE/XFCE.

Back