• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Going to propose in march...

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I need help finding an affordable diamond wedding set. I'm looking at max of $800 as of right now. My sister has been trying to help but everything she pointed at looked cheap or was cheap. I think this one is cheap but best I've found for the price. Can someone with experience in this field help me out?

Amazon.com: 1/2 CT. T.W. Round Cut Diamond Engagement Ring and Ladies' Wedding Band Set 14K White Gold - Size 8.5: MyTrioRings: Jewelry@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41oT8vY6kkL.@@AMEPARAM@@41oT8vY6kkL

Reaction score
You could always go to your local jewellery store? I mean, sure they probably won't be cheap but they could certainly provide you with the knowledge and hence, help you make your decision, cheap or not.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I am female. But I think I'm the only female I know who doesn't like diamonds. I just don't get the point of a clear shiny gem when there are so many pretty colored ones. I also don't like yellow gold.

So based on that pure honesty. I think this set isn't bad at all. The set would go together nice, but I've seen some sets that fit together really well. Maybe I'll look in a couple minutes, as I'm having a hard time sleeping, but I think you should go with your gut, if it looks cheap, it probably is. Also have you checked out any local jewelry stores? I know some are expensive, and they will probably point you out of your budget range, but you might find a style or something you really like, you might learn a few keywords that will help you on your search.

I was at a mall with my roommate and I saw this lovely butterfly necklace at a jewelry showroom. I really liked it, and he remembered it, and found one almost the same exact thing on Amazon because he went and looked it up on their website later and found a cheaper version on Amazon, so it worked in my experience.

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in Hawaii and it's really pricey here. I'll go check this weekend but I'm pretty sure it's going to be 2x the price for something of the same quality.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I really like this: (considering I don't care for diamonds)

It has nice clean lines, not too many tiny diamonds, which most of them have, and did make it look cheap. And this is a good example of what I meant by the rings fitting together, it looks a lot like one ring together, but is really 2.

Amazon.com: 14k White Gold Round Diamond Ladies Swirl Promise Bridal Engagement Ring Set Matching Band (0.60 cttw, H-I Color, I1-I2 Clarity): Jewelry@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DurSHXciL.@@AMEPARAM@@41DurSHXciL

And you can get them fused together after you get married for a reasonable price. I know a few women who have done that and wear the whole thing everyday.

Later:

Ok you're right. Amazon has a lot of strange looking sets. I mean, not so much cheap looking - but very gaudy, and over-done.

Oh and i forgot to say Good Luck!

Last edited:
Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Never seen that till I just googled it lol... I guess I'll do something "unique" now. Was going to do it the old fashion way, cook diner and have it under a napkin or something.

Reaction score
Online ones are usually mass-produced, but most rings from small local jewelers are usually one-off unique pieces. I would spend more on something unique.

I spent slightly more than what you're planning to but i walked into the store and saw the perfect ring so i got it. Never seen anything else that looks like it thus far.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Propose and then go wedding ring shopping. Shes gonna wonna go with you..

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Local Jewelry store is more suitable I think, and you can ask there for suggestions.

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Been with her for over 9months but known her for over 1 1/2 years.

I'm going to local jewelry store this weekend to check i t out like you all are saying.

No she doesn't lurk on here, doesn't even know about it which is why I'm posting here and not facebook :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Look for engagement ring. NOT wedding band. Trust, she will want a say in pretty much everything

Reaction score
Look for engagement ring. NOT wedding band. Trust, she will want a say in pretty much everything

^ this.

I remember spending ages looking online and going to jewelry stores in the city and when I popped into the tiny local one in the next town I saw the engagement ring I wanted for 1/3 the price in the city.

Don't get a wedding ring yet, it can be a nice experience looking for one together :)

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I'll be getting engagement ring by its self then.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as negotiating the price on a diamond.

LOL. EVERYTHING is negotiable!
There are a few things that stores get very little profit from, like cameras, and crap like that. Diamonds are easily bumped up. BECAUSE they are diamonds.
My perants went into an independant jewelers and managed to get £300 off of a diamond ring.

Back