Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Good Monitor?

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is there any cheap 1920 x 1xxx monitors that are good for gaming possibly 120hz if needed and cheap?

P.S. I hate huge monitors, smallest inch monitor possible please with these dimensions or at least 1600+ :)

EDIT; Found this:

PS UH I think RZ has a mod that makes it into an image or something.

Last edited:
A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So, the big question is - what type of gaming? Do you have a high end system that can push 120+ fps to match the HZ? Do you do PS3 or Xbox 360 gaming?

THese question are valid for a few reason.. a computer never needs more then 60HZ to game on - unless you can push a game to over 120 constant FPS you will getting tearing affects on the visual images due to missed frames. It isnt as evident once your above 60hz, but the monitor trying to synthisize an extra few frames missed makes it into a really "weird" gaming experience if you cant run the game right.

The type of gaming: I.E.; PC, 360, PS3 etc.. will affect the inputs you need. Are you looking for just DVI inputs, or HDMI as well? Do you have your own speakers, or do you want audio to come from the monitor itself?

Sadly, you JUSt missed a great deal on the same 27" monitor I have been using for about 3 years now - Newegg had a daily deal that knocked 50 bucks off of it.. brought it down to about ~249.99. I game at 1920x1200 res on it, as well as use my Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 too.

What is your price range, perhaps?

Reactions: NTV
Reaction score

Acer G215HV Abd 21.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Today only, $99.99 with free shipping.

-21.5" Widescreen Active Matrix TFT LCD Display
-Resolution 1920 x 1080
-Contrast ratio 20,000:1
-Response time 5ms
-Brightness 200 cd/m2
-Inputs 1xVGA, 1xDVI (DVI w/HDCP)
-Dimensions 20.45"W x 15.2"H x 7.4"D (8.8lbs)
-3 year warranty

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna buy what rishwin posted, that's hella cheap.

I'm using it to play StarCraft II and possibly in the future I will play some steam games like BF3, Portal 2 or something.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah definitely - its a damn good price for a monitor. I can say, it isnt high end at all - and by the looks of it, I dont think it has any tilt feature.. but for that price, who cares? =)

I personally wouldn't buy it, only because (to me) gaming on anything smaller then 24" is a detraction to what I have been using the last several years ;)

Reaction score
Yeah definitely - its a damn good price for a monitor. I can say, it isnt high end at all - and by the looks of it, I dont think it has any tilt feature.. but for that price, who cares? =)

I personally wouldn't buy it, only because (to me) gaming on anything smaller then 24" is a detraction to what I have been using the last several years ;)

Yea, if i were to rebuild a PC for myself i would try and hunt down another 30-32" monitor or replace it with a HDTV.

But the OP specifically wanted a "smaller" monitor so i guess this fits the bill (in more ways than one).

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah! I completely remember when I went form my 21" CRT to a 22" widescreen LCD. Dear god, the desk space I gained was incredible! Honestly, that has been the best upgrade I have ever gone from in my long history of PC building. Gaining about 4 square feet of desk space was awesome. BUT, I do miss the perfect picture clarity of a CRT - perfec tblacks, and whites. Its the one thing I dislike about all standard LCD monitors - you never get a black black, or a white white ;)

Back