Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Google Glass - What do you think?

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was in an I.T lesson today, and we was discussing upcoming projects and researching developments and I came across Google Glass. I found this rather impressive but a little strange also.

Watch the video:

It's amazing how It's able to record, capture and communicate with it but the fact everybody would be wearing these strange glasses would be weird in my opinion. From the images I've seen on them, I can imagine them being rather delicate and for the cost I've heard about £300-400 It's a risky purchase. Also If It's connecting with BlueTooth with the phone, which I would expect it would be... then battery would be drained on Phones rather fast which is a major disadvantage. I like to play Darts Night on my iPhone, but after a game (with bluetooth) with a friend I swear It takes a good 5-10% of the battery on the phone. A game can last about 5-10 minutes. That's throwing a few darts from each others screen. Capturing images, communicating etc I could imagine draining the battery within an hour. I don't feel these are very practical and thought through, What are your opinions?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it's an amazing step in technology. I for one would love to have a pair...I would add tinted glass though not just have the frames :)

As for the battery drainage issue...that might be a problem but everything when first released comes with problems that technology advances to fix. Battery life will just have to be one that this will push forward.

One day we will have contact lenses that do this...can't wait :)

Reaction score
All i know is imma be one of the first to buy one, I heard they were letting people beta but only if you were willing to pay extra.

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is stupid. The benefit of overlaying your field of vision is augmentation. Distraction is the polar opposite of that. This is just pushing social crap in front of you at all times.

It was recently found in a that software like Siri causes users to be just as distracted as when texting on a phone. So the end result is walking around being completely distracted at all times.

There's no real benefit to this. A simple pair of glasses that had a button for taking a picture or holding to take a video would implement their benefit. Or, you know, you could just carry around a decent pocket camera.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Simple Just awesome. Anytime Anywhere, just hope not the wrong places..:D

Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
I think it's poop.

This is stupid. The benefit of overlaying your field of vision is augmentation. Distraction is the polar opposite of that. This is just pushing social crap in front of you at all times.

It was recently found in a that software like Siri causes users to be just as distracted as when texting on a phone. So the end result is walking around being completely distracted at all times.

There's no real benefit to this. A simple pair of glasses that had a button for taking a picture or holding to take a video would implement their benefit. Or, you know, you could just carry around a decent pocket camera.

This.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it's poop.

This.

I agree with Samus. Technology is constantly being developed and what Google are trying to do is create something which everybody will have so that It's reality and normal to wear a strange pair of glasses all the time. It's designed so you don't rely on constantly checking your phone, and everything is right infront of you and you can capture anything you like. On the other hand, This will either be a massive hit when It's introduced or collapse completely. I personally wouldn't buy them and wear them in Public unless lots of other people would wear them as well.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They will just get robbed. I don't know about other areas but I have even witnessed cheap £100 phones being robbed at bus stops. If someone sees you walking around with a $1500 pair of glasses on, they will stab you and take the glasses.

Might sound dramatic but it will happen if more and more people start buying them.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Everything is cloud these days...so I'm sure they will be on a cloud.

As for the people saying its stupid...everyone said the same thing when VCR's came out...when cell phones came out...when computers came out...when TV's came out...but everyone has them now.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
It's pretty sick, I want to get a pair, though I don't use glasses...

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would consider them if the price is fair and has real life useful properties and i can use them as a prescription. One important factor for me is internet access. I'll want them online at all times but I don't want my data to be stored on a remote google server.

As far as I'm aware It's completely controlled with your phone, so all recordings, photos etc would stored to your phone. Google Glass would have the same internet speeds as your phone etc etc. It's a bluetooth device. Like Pebble watch which I love also. I already have pre-ordered Pebble watch.

Papercup - Google Glass - What do you think? - RaGEZONE Forums

I would say Pebble watch and Google Glass are both the same, connection wise. The difference is Google Glass is more advanced than Pebble (which you would expect because you would be able to record from Glasses etc... It's just not possible with a watch.

But you still receive texts etc which I love about this watch.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, I know tens of people who would love to have it in It's current state. From the features advertised, I don't see how they can possibly improve it?

Rip Akaruz
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Flippin awesome, I'd love to have a pair but oviously its USA BETA only atm, I think for what it is it's pretty worth it, I'm not sure how data and other things will work on it; e.g. how to get your video off the device or does it upload it to a Google server?
There's a few things I wanna know about it but the concept is amazing.... Although Glasses + Glass = hmm..

Back