Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Greeks?

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Wish Britain had fraternities, and if there was any I'd be Lambda Lambda Lambda!

ihatehaxor - Greeks? - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
TKE is the only officially recognized frat that my college has. Sadly being a small school the frats have really suffered and are quite low quality, so I decided not to join. Maybe if i went to a different college I would reconsider.

Congratulations on your initiation.

Reaction score
Wish Britain had fraternities, and if there was any I'd be Lambda Lambda Lambda!

ihatehaxor - Greeks? - RaGEZONE Forums

I was going to say I think we should use a Roman system instead of Greek, but I'm not sure why the US uses greek tbh.

But then I realised, England sort of does have frats, they just aren't organised like in America. At least at Durham University, they have colleges, and Newcastle University has Halls of Residence, and iirc Dundee has a similar student housing system. The friends you make tend to be the people you stick with till you graduate, a lot like frats imo. Just without all the retarded hazing and poop.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
In Glasgow, Strathclyde University has its halls of residence and certain halls are more "infamous" than others, so to say. Albeit it's a case of apply to a hall via the Uni or a housing association like Liberty or Union

Reaction score
In Glasgow, Strathclyde University has its halls of residence and certain halls are more "infamous" than others, so to say. Albeit it's a case of apply to a hall via the Uni or a housing association like Liberty or Union

Which imo is a better system than giving students the ability to segregate the community themselves, creating a sort of social class system. I guess I'm just a strong believer of having different sorts of people become friends, because I think that helps us develop as a community. A group of friends with a Muslim in it, isn't going to believe that all Muslims are terrorists, nor is the Muslim in the group likely to become a terrorist if they are welcomed into their little community.

Back