Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GSSM - A new mu website system

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm into CodeIgniter framework. Looking forward for github repo for this project.

well I belive that any one who knows php will handle any kind of framework,if your interested helping with the development ,contact me via pm.

I still havent done much,as mentioned in the first post but I did some part of authenticating,made it to work with mu as laravel has its own password encrypt witch wont work for mu servers as they use custom md5/plan text

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well I belive that any one who knows php will handle any kind of framework,if your interested helping with the development ,contact me via pm.

I still havent done much,as mentioned in the first post but I did some part of authenticating,made it to work with mu as laravel has its own password encrypt witch wont work for mu servers as they use custom md5/plan text

Just don't use Laravel's built-in password encryption. You could check MU Core's md5 password hashing for MU server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just don't use Laravel's built-in password encryption. You could check MU Core's md5 password hashing for MU server.

But laravel already got a very nice authenticating system with a password reminder so its kinda waste rewrite everything,just changed it to match mu not that hard

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello ragezoners just wanted to let know this project isnt dead although it has been long time since updating,as those days I got some free time
I have added few things and also updated to latest laravel stable version 4.2 [will be updated to 5.0 once released],will post new progress soon at first post.

now days im working on the item class [create item,search empty spot on warehouse,view warehouse,view inventory]
and I have searched everywhere to find some new data [as new seasons seem to pass item id limit of 255] also lots of data was wrong [socket level,socket text,harmony and many more]
this seem like mu community doesnt have a quality item class/function.

just to give you example of how bad it is ill show you 2 different parts of a code I saw on the net -

if ($ii > 0)
$tipche = 2;
$fquery = $core_db->Execute("select ancient_id,i_type,i_id,name,i_stick_level,i_option,i_exc_option,i_socket_option,i_harmony_option,size_x,size_y from MUCore_Shop_Items where i_id=" . $aa . " and i_type=" . $itemtype . " and i_stick_level=" . $itemlevel);
if ($fquery->EOF) {
$fquery = $core_db->Execute("select ancient_id,i_type,i_id,name,i_stick_level,i_option,i_exc_option,i_socket_option,i_harmony_option,size_x,size_y from MUCore_Shop_Items where i_id=" . $aa . " and i_type=" . $itemtype);
$nolevel = 0;
}

The query could easily go as -
SELECT TOP 1 ancient_id,i_type,i_id,name,i_stick_level,i_option,i_exc_option,i_socket_option,i_harmony_option,size_x,size_y
FROM [MuOnline].[dbo].[MUCore_Shop_Items] where i_id=" . $aa . " and i_type=" . $itemtype . " ORDER by i_stick_level DESC
Dont you think its a way cleaner way ? well I guess mu web developers doesnt as none seem to do so.

same for this one -
$query = $core_db->Execute("select top 1 size_x,size_y from MUCore_Shop_Items where i_id='" . hexdec(substr($_item, 0, 2)) . "' and i_type='" . $type . "'");
$query = $query->fetchrow();
this query will run for each item you have at warehouse,does this make any sense to you ?
just to make it clear for no developers,this could run up to 120 times each time this function runs,just to set your head straight,normal website takes about 10-15 queries a page,you got 120 for just 1 function,thats surely a total waste of cpu and loading times
wouldnt it be better implode all the item ids & types into 1 query[or few with chunk in case you really worry about memory] and then retrive the item x and y sizes ?

well theres lots of research to be done to obtain the currect data but im pretty sure ill end the base of item info in a few days and then the create part should be easier.

also if theres a designer out there whos willing to donate one of his works/create a new one to this project I would love to

Back