Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide][Any Files] Server Setup | FAQ | Troubleshooting Guide - Repost

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[SIZE=-2]Duplication of , without some of the corruption which has happened to it over the years.[/SIZE]
All your credits are belonging for him. :wink:

[SIZE=+2]Server Setup Guide[/SIZE]​

There are a few server setup guides around but some are badly worded or outdated so I got bored and decided to make this. This will be revised and updated as time moves on to accommodate for new features and files. I would like to thank Redhunt for a lot of the pictures used in this guide.

Right off the bat I would suggest not running a PT server for the public on anything under 2GB of ram, a 100mbit line and a 3Ghz+ Processor and Windows Server 2003 (Dedicated Hosting is the best idea) along with a good understanding of how PT works.

[size=+1]Downloading Needed Files[/size]

1.) Download and install .
(Used for unzipping most of the server files)

2.) Download
(SQL is used to store a lot of the player data, mainly clan information and login information)

3.) Download
(Used to manipulate SQL much easier.)

4.) If your running the server off of Windows XP ensure you have installed.

5.) Download any of the the files under the ---[Server Files]--- section in the , I would suggest the McMadness Repack or the 1855 Server & Client. I might pack a couple sets of pre-configured server files with different rates later on.
(The in fact server software used for players to login and play, etc etc)

6.) Download the View attachment PT_SQL.zip.

7.) Download the clan files from the under the ---[Clan Files]--- section, I would suggest the Sandurr 2.0 Files or
(Only if you plan on having working clans)

[size=+1]Installing of SQL & Manager[/size]

6.) Start the install for the MsSQL Server 2005 Express Edition, continue pressing the next button until you reach the Features screen.

7.) Click Client Components like in this and select "Entire Feature will be installed on local hard drive"
[Image now missing]​
8.) Continue pressing next until the screen prompting you to decide between "SQL Server Authentication" or "Windows Authentication".

9.) Choose SQL Server Authentication and choose a good password and right it down you will need to know this password later.

10.) Continue pressing next until the installer is finished.

11. Find the MsSQL Server Managment Studio installer you downloaded earlier. Just press next until the installer is done, no need to change any settings.

[size=+1]Setting Up SQL Database[/size]

12.) Go to your start menu and run SQL Server Management.
( Start > All Programs >Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server Management Studio Express)

13.) You should arrive at , don't touch the login name. Enter the password from step 9 created while installing SQL. Press connect and you'll arrive at .
bobsobol - [Guide][Any Files] Server Setup | FAQ | Troubleshooting Guide - Repost - RaGEZONE Forums

bobsobol - [Guide][Any Files] Server Setup | FAQ | Troubleshooting Guide - Repost - RaGEZONE Forums

14.) Unzip (right click, extract to folder) the PT SQL Files to any folder.

15.) Click the expand tab "+" next to Databases, right click Database and select "Create New Database" the names of all 11 Databases are the same names as the PT SQL Files names. List:

Account_DB
AccountDB
BillingDB
BillingLogDB
ClanDb
GamelogDb
ItemLogDb
PCRoom
SoD2Db
SoDDb

It should look like when done.
16.) After finished making all of the Databases (DB's) go back and right click Account_DB and select "New Query" like , once that is done open up the coresspending named Text file from the PT SQL Files folder.

17.) Copy and paste the entire text files contents into the Query window and press "! Execute"

18.) Repeat steps 16 & 17 for all 11 Database's. When it asks you to save for all of the query's you can either pick yes or no, it makes no difference.

19.) When done check back on your DB's to make sure when expanded they look like .

[size=+1]Setting up ODBC or SQL.dll[/size]

This step is a little optional because you have a choice, either use ODBC or setup the SQL.dll properly, for this guide I will list the ODBC method, for the SQL.dll method I might make a guide later on, or look around the forums for it (Searching never hurt anyone)

20.) Click Start > Programs > Accessories > Administrative Tools > (ODBC)Data Source. (Administrative Tools can also be reached via the Control Panel)

21.) Choose the "DSN System" tab and then proceed to click "Add", scroll down to the very bottom and pick " " and then finish.
[Image now missing]​
22.) After finish is pressed a window should pop up asking for: Name, Description and SQL Server Name.

Name: c8master

Description: Whatever you want.

Name: The name of your SQL Server Instance (Should look like XXXXX\SQLEXPRESS)
(If you forget just open your Studio Manager and look at the server name)

23.) Click next twice until you reach , change the default Database to AccountDB (Not Account_DB theres a difference) and click next until done.

[size=+1]Connecting to Your Server[/size]

24.) Create a registry file using this code (Use notepad):

Code:
                              Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Triglow Pictures]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Triglow Pictures\PristonTale]
"Version"="3096"
"Account"=""
"CameraInvert"="false"
"CameraSight"="OFF"
"ColorBPP"="32"
"Graphic"="1"
"MicOption"="OFF"
"MotionBlur"="false"
"Network"="1"
"ScreenSize"="0"
"Server1"="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"<---your IP here
"Server2"="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"<---your IP here
"Server3"="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"<---your IP here
"ServerName"="Server Name"
"Sound"="On"
Make sure you change the IPs to your Lan/Wan IPs or the local host IP (127.0.0.1)

25.) Create a .bmp using this code (Use notepad to edit it)

Code:
A8ת $1@Qšy�©(                                                                *Graphic 1 
*Network 1 
*ColorBPP 32 
*MotionBlur false 
*CameraSight OFF 
*ScreenSize 0 
*MicOption OFF 
*Sound On 
*CameraInvert false 
*Server1  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx<---YOUR IP
*Server2  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx<---YOUR IP
*Server3  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx<---YOUR IP
*ServerName  YOUR PT NAME
*Version 3096 
*TestVersion 0
Once again make sure to change the IPs, place this file in your PT folder (Client folder NOT server folder) within the images directory, it will ask you to replace, select yes.

26.) Make sure you have the correct client for the server version your using: kPT = 1840 - 1860 and 2331 (for older kPT servers), jPT = 3096 - 3100.

[size=+1]Configuring Your Server[/size]

27.) Extract your choice of server files (McMadness Repack, dPT, 1855, whatever) to a folder on the desktop named "PT Server"

28.) Go into your PT Client folder and copy the "Field" and "Char" folders into your "PT Server" folder (Make sure to COPY and not CUT)

29.) After thats done, open up the file called Hotuk.ini and go to this line:

*GAMSERVER

First parameter is the name that appears when players are connecting like this:

*GAMESERVER WhateverPT

The next 3 parameters are your Lan/Wan/Local IP

*GAMSERVER WhateverPT 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

30.) While your here you may want to set your exp rate on with the *EVENT_EXPUP command.

Setting the number decides the exp multiplier. Such as:

*EVENT_EXPUP 400 would be something around "40x" rates

*EVENT_EXPUP 500 would be something around "50x" rates

*EVENT_EXPUP 600 would be...well you get the idea.

30.) I'll post some pre-configured Hotuk.ini's below somewhere.

Thats the end of the basic server setup guide, continue to the next post for the FAQ's

[SIZE=+2]Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)[/SIZE]
Q: Question
A: Answer

Mostly importantly I would just like to reiterate Search is your friend, use it when questions arise!

Q: Why does my server crash every hour on the dot?
A: Remove daeth_night.ini from your monster folder. Also may be a lack of ram.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I did everything the guide said but can't connect!
A: Make sure you edited your Idata.bmp and your registry.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I keep getting "Conn. Failed", whats wrong?
A: You forgot to edit the *GAMESERVER parameter or forgot to change the IP's in the registry / Idata.bmp
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Why do I get the message "Version does not match"?
A: Your using the incorrect version for your server, or you have the *VERSION parameter with the wrong client value there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I've been messing with clans for DAYS and can't get them to work!
A: or
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Uh, how do I make an account!?
A: Use a register script, makes your day much easier.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Where do I get a register script?
A: The RFT Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Well how do I use a register script?
A: Install a Webserver (HTTP)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: A webserver!?
A: Yes a webserver, I would suggest Apache or IIS, you could also try Baby Webserver
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How do I make uber super cool items!
A: You shouldn't, but if your going to anyway go .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: What are the GM Commands?
A: Search for things in the future, .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Why doesn't everyone help me!
A: Because their here to share, and if your just taking, why help you?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: If I want to seriously host a server, what should I do?
A: Get a dedicated team, either get or get a good computer at home (2GB+ Ram, 3Ghz+ processor) on its own DSL (30 - 40 people), T1 (50 - 80 people) or a FiOS line (100+ people).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I've read all the guides, I've read this FAQ, I even bugged 30 people to death on MSN and I can't figure any of this out!
A: May I suggest you give up?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I do not know of these "files" and "resources" of which you speak.
A: Amazingly enough, the thread tagged contains, resources! (Reading is a wonderful skill)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It will work but its very old guide, some things are not longer needed (e.g. 25.) Create a .bmp using this code (Use notepad to edit it)). However you can still use it for older PT clients/files.

If this is your first time than you can try this:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/personal-priston-tale-612785/

Also done by bobsobol

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Parts like point 25 I don't like the description, even if it where still necessary.

I reposted because this guide has a long tradition of having gotten people started successfully.

When I first started, I used a combination of this and one other guide. When I didn't understand one, I found the part where the other was describing it. I probably also mad a lot of use of my existing knowledge of low-level computing, and I suspect the people who fail to follow such guides are, essentially, "users". By which I mean, people who are good at using applications and games and the OS, but have no real idea how those programs are implemented on the underlying hardware. Design considerations, and particularly the massive difference between an English PC and a Korean, or Chinese one.

The screenshots are clearly taken on an Israeli PC. This means bi-directional reading order, with right to left as the primary direction. That's a pretty radical difference from English Windows, quite apart from the fact that Latin characters will be a secondary "compatibility" consideration. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ahmm just teach me step by step installation plz ill beg you alll..

from the start to last and give a good game client coz i cant open the megaupload coz its prohibitid here in my country

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MegaUpload has been closed down... for good... the entire world over. (Seized by the FBI at source)

The guides we have are the guides we have. They are excellent, IMHO.

Therefore everything you have just requested is answered in one simple word. RaGEZONE. We hope you enjoy it. :D:

--- EDIT ---
Please note, thanks to your post, I have replaced the MegaUpload link to the SQL dumps with a copy local to RZ. \o/

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
someone can provide the sql scripts, in another link?
anyone have the complete metadata(foreign keys, triggers, functions, etc) of priston sql scripts?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
SQL scripts are attached to the OP. If you cannot access them then you cannot read this page. Both are hosted at the same server. :?:

AKAIK there is no such metadata for Priston SQL scripts. PT uses MS SQL just like a spreadsheet workbook. It doesn't do anything more complex with it.

The SQL scripts we provide are a backup of a blank database. They just create all the tables with the right columns and types.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i just looked link in this topic: http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide-files-server-setup-faq-245772/
stay hosted in Megaupload :S, can change it? :)

but create triggers and functions to handle things like clan system and sod system to no longer be necessary to use applications to control, would be more efficient?

will be same as the database of the original servers there are no such procedures?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i just looked link in this topic: http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide-files-server-setup-faq-245772/
stay hosted in Megaupload :S, can change it? :)
I could now, but could not when I produced this duplicate. (did not have Moderator account) Moderators are also (now) advised don't to modify the posts of others without authorisation from higher ranking staff.

The reason for this thread is so that I can keep it's information (old as it may be) free from corruptions such as dead links. Or did you think I stole someone elses' work for fun. :wink: j/k
but create triggers and functions to handle things like clan system and sod system to no longer be necessary to use applications to control, would be more efficient?
Clan and SoD scores are off topic. They are controlled by a separate server. (specifically, a web server) That system is not covered in this guide.
will be same as the database of the original servers there are no such procedures?
Having seen ripped backups from the official servers database, I can tell you that they are exactly the same, except empty. Right down to the fact that it creates databases and fields which neither the PT server nor any Clan or SoD system requires.

The ripped IIS server files do (or did) use much of those tables and fields to support data backed web site functionality. It was written in ASP with some ASP.net, not SQL.

Much of it was only implemented on the Korean Triglow server. Certainly that level of personal and private information on users would be illegal for any game company to keep in my country. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
BTW bob..ahmm can i use any Game Clients to lounch the game?

BTW bob..ahmm can i use any Game Clients to lounch the game?

and bob how i can i view all my comments to you/.
\?

so that i can see my comments before

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, specific servers have specific client requirements, which should be documented with the release, to some extent. Exactly how fussy they are is up to the server admin and dev. (ultimately you, probably)

Do you mean the conversation you where having with me here, which was moved because it was completely off-topic and should not have been here at all? Also off-topic:-
For a start you can view all posts by a certain user from their profile, so you could try looking through your post history from your profile.
xsw6y - [Guide][Any Files] Server Setup | FAQ | Troubleshooting Guide - Repost - RaGEZONE Forums
But you could also look at the thread which is clearly most appropriate for that conversation, from .
I don't think anyone comes here to teach or be taught how to use a web forum. :bored:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, but this is an old guide, and I'm not going to "miss-quote" the original author. That is just intellectual rape. Sorry.

I will correct digital degradation, but will not change his words.

Besides, ODBC works when SQL.dll and Clan.dll can be very difficult for new users.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For the life of me, I'm unable to download the Kpt Full Client off the Kpt site, it just won't download when I click the link..

Anyone else hosting the Kpt? I guess that's the only thing left for me to get connected to the server now..... :sneaky2:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hosting outside the YD site (without authorisation from Yedang) would be piracy, and linking to any pirate host would contravene our . However, I do not believe that the updater (which will get all the necessary files from official YD - or subsidiary servers) does.

For that reason, I have hosted all the updater programs in an archive on RZ. ( )
View attachment 96884

For KPT clients, just use KPT-Release or KPT-Test. (depending on whether you want the stable client or the cutting edge one, often not much different)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are a champ Bobsolol !

Thanks for the prompt response

Excuse my ignorances... as it's not as clear as mud for me yet, but a quick question bobsolol

5.) Download any of the the files under the ---[Server Files]--- section in the RFT Thread, I would suggest the McMadness Repack or the 1855 Server & Client. I might pack a couple sets of pre-configured server files with different rates later on.
(The in fact server software used for players to login and play, etc etc)

Instead of the 1855 Server and Client Can I download these Files and associate it with the files below instead?
http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/kpt-server-2477-a-810715/
mm_PristonTale.rar - Client
mm_Server.rar - Server

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's no server repack in your list. Only replacement server and client executables to go with one.

So... no. You're talking about something different. XD

--- EDIT ---
IDK that I ever saw McMadness, but the last, best, least messed with server repack I saw was . (the links are now dead)

I can repost that, but you may find something else you'd rather try. Have a look around and if it's down for dead links, let me know. (I've said before, I have most stuff in some form)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK thanks for that, Another educational question, does these KPT 2477 files need to have it associate with the server repack that is compatible with it?

(The Server repack from the links are dead) :(

----

*I know this is a selfish post*

If you don't mind uploading that Server_619.rar 7.74 MB file, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not selfish. I welcome the request. As I say "in some form", and I say this because I often don't keep the same format archive.
Many people post .rar files (and I hate them, they are an arse to work with) so I tend to repack them into either a decent compressed archive like 7zip, tar.bz2 or xz, (LZMA2) or into something I can mount like a Zip, xZip, Cab, iso, cfs, hdf, vmx, wim etc.

7z, zip, xzip, iso and cfs are still my favourite, but I can see xz and wim becoming more popular as they become more common, with more tools to support them.
The .7z version is only 5.43Meg. XD

Back