Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide][Any Files] Server Setup | FAQ | Troubleshooting Guide - Repost

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's not selfish. I welcome the request. As I say "in some form", and I say this because I often don't keep the same format archive.
Many people post .rar files (and I hate them, they are an arse to work with) so I tend to repack them into either a decent compressed archive like 7zip, tar.bz2 or xz, (LZMA2) or into something I can mount like a Zip, xZip, Cab, iso, cfs, hdf, vmx, wim etc.

7z, zip, xzip, iso and cfs are still my favourite, but I can see xz and wim becoming more popular as they become more common, with more tools to support them.
The .7z version is only 5.43Meg. XD

Thanks Bobsolol, you don't mind if I continue to ask silly questions along the way to try accomplish my little lan PT? :D?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So long as you've tried a search, and made sure it's not in the pinned FAQ, not at all. That's a large part of why we are here. (within reason)
The fact is, if you are going to contribute to developments, you need to be prepared to put some effort in yourself. If you can't be bothered to search our forum for the answers that get you started, the chances of you being bothered to search through packet tracing and executable code reversing to actually push development on once you get your server going are minimal. Then we wonder why we are bothering. :lol:
Particularly things like broken links and downed files, the regulars won't go back and check, because we already have a copy. It's good to be informed when links are taken down. :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So long as you've tried a search, and made sure it's not in the pinned FAQ, not at all. That's a large part of why we are here. (within reason)
The fact is, if you are going to contribute to developments, you need to be prepared to put some effort in yourself. If you can't be bothered to search our forum for the answers that get you started, the chances of you being bothered to search through packet tracing and executable code reversing to actually push development on once you get your server going are minimal. Then we wonder why we are bothering. :lol:
Particularly things like broken links and downed files, the regulars won't go back and check, because we already have a copy. It's good to be informed when links are taken down. :D:

Sure things Bobsolol, I definitely did my searching researching for the past 4 days now, Only recently I had to start posting to ask around for question which seem unanswered :)

Will this KPT 2477 work with the Server_619??

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They are both modified versions of kPT(4096) server. (server4096.exe)

The executable in 619 is -KPT-Endless-Tower-Update-V2.2, There's a lot of stuff in there you don't need, and it will probably be missing monsters over lvl110. (maybe even lvl80) You may want to add the updates from or update or such.

But in principal, the 619 files will provide a base for which these other things can be added.

We haven't had complete "replacks" for a long time, and the ones we have had (Unzubarus' Ultimate, Edition Pk, Clarina) are heavily modified for auto-level to 150 / 180 and total PvP or some such. So the data in them is somewhere between reasonably useless and completely non-standard as a base.

There are some glitches with 619... but it's not all that bad, and has a lot more than the original. I didn't find it hard to get the basic server going, and from there I could make a backup and swap data sets in and out, mix and match to try stuff.

I think that's where you need to get to. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I'm taking a different approach now, and using your custom Personal PT folder,

Can you please reupload this one file for the client??

Source - http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide-install-server-repack-personal-616435/

You need to get a compatible client for the server repack you are using, and I happen to know that KPT1873NoXTrap by QuantumFusion will do quite nicely.

I have never struggled so much to create a server before :grr:

Thanks in advance Bobsolol !

Reason quite simply is because there is a conflict in my files and the server 619 repack, I downloaded the Kpt latest client and for the life me, Couldn't get it connect to the server saying Conn:failed, So I'm assuming it had something to do with conlficting version.

-------------------------------------------------------
Edit- I downloaded this one

Source - http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/kpt1977-noxtrap-butchered-670818/
KPT1977NoXTrap2b.7z

And managed to see my server (Excellento!)

However, It looks like wheN i connect to the server, it looks like it banned me or something, I went to the logs and saw my name as blacklisted.

Any reason for that?

-------------------------------------

Edit -

So I managed to log on, but when I get into the game, It just errors out with a Japanese/Korean text, Wish I knew what it was, one step closer to getting this fixed!

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The message is "Disconnected from server (DC)". (I'm fairly certain of that)

The reason is (almost certainly) because you have an Admin Hotuk.ini file in your client folder telling it to connect you as a GM. However, for one reason or another the server does not acknowledge your right to connect with those rights, and closes the connection immediately. :wink:

First step, rename Hotuk.ini in from the client folder. If you still disconnect as soon as you log in, then I'm mistaken. :O:

Next step is to try to get the server Hotuk.ini configured so that you can log in as Admin. (since you are) You need to set either *ADMIN_LOGIN or *ADMIN_IP and *DEBUG_IP or *DEBUG_ID. (I've noted elsewhere that my server often disregards both if I try to mix IPs and IDs, so just use one or the other)
Your next "???" moment will either be "How to I authenticate, so I can use level 3 GM commands?" Or "Why are there no monsters and no NPCs?" :wink: Both questions are answered, but you may like to keep an eye out for them before you get there. :lol:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The message is "Disconnected from server (DC)". (I'm fairly certain of that)

The reason is (almost certainly) because you have an Admin Hotuk.ini file in your client folder telling it to connect you as a GM. However, for one reason or another the server does not acknowledge your right to connect with those rights, and closes the connection immediately. :wink:

First step, rename Hotuk.ini in from the client folder. If you still disconnect as soon as you log in, then I'm mistaken. :O:

Next step is to try to get the server Hotuk.ini configured so that you can log in as Admin. (since you are) You need to set either *ADMIN_LOGIN or *ADMIN_IP and *DEBUG_IP or *DEBUG_ID. (I've noted elsewhere that my server often disregards both if I try to mix IPs and IDs, so just use one or the other)
Your next "???" moment will either be "How to I authenticate, so I can use level 3 GM commands?" Or "Why are there no monsters and no NPCs?" :wink: Both questions are answered, but you may like to keep an eye out for them before you get there. :lol:

Excellent Bobsolol, that worked, thank you so much, I will do some research on how to get GM level 3.

Though I find it off I can use a client version 1977 whilst the server is 2477, it works for some reason???

Resolution isnt to so nice as well :closedeyes:

I am having extreme difficulty understanding the idea behind this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to get Admin levels
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If your server side "hotuk" says: (found at the bottom of your hotuk)

*ADMIN_NAME "Admin"

*ADMIN_COMMAND "lvl1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "lvl2"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "lvl3"

Admin level 1:
~/;ADMIN_NAME "ADMIN_COMMAND" ;The first one so for me it would be (~/;Admin "lvl1")
{When you are logged with an admin client you don't even have to do this}

Admin level 2:
~/;ADMIN_NAME "ADMIN_COMMAND" ;The second one so for me it would be (~/;Admin "lvl2")

Admin level 3:
~/;ADMIN_NAME "ADMIN_COMMAND" ;The third one so for me it would be (~/;Admin "lvl3")

So let say for example - I have a ingame toon called admin and the username is administrator

Would I be typing

*ADMIN_Name admin
*ADMIN_LOGIN ADministrator

-/;admin "3"

on the bottom off my Hotuk.ini it has this

ADMIN_COMMAND "1"
ADMIN_COMMAND "2"
ADMIN_COMMAND "3"

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As I say, the 2477 server is server4096.exe jPT (version 4.0.0.8) modified to have the kPT protocol, and the items and level tables from the 2.47.7 client. It will not check client version number until you tell it which version(s) to allow in it's Hotuk.ini configuration.
If you have set, as the example
Code:
*ADMIN_NAME "Admin"

*ADMIN_COMMAND "lvl1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "lvl2"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "lvl3"
Then in game you type
Code:
/:Admin lvl3
You should authenticate to level 3.

But... no. You would if your username is "administrator" You would set
Code:
ADMIN_LOGIN "administrator"
There are Korean alternatives, so you can also use
Code:
*관리자접속암호 "administrator"
:eek:tt1:

Anyway, you will probably also want
Code:
*DEBUG_ID "administrator"
Because some stuff still doesn't work without it.

All characters from an administrator, or debug user account can log in and authenticate.

To get a nicer resolution, try setting client Hotuk.ini to
Code:
*화면해상도 1280 720
for 720p or
Code:
*화면해상도 1920 1080
for 1080p.
aOTwJ - [Guide][Any Files] Server Setup | FAQ | Troubleshooting Guide - Repost - RaGEZONE Forums
Looks nice to me. XD

--- EDIT ---
I should also point out that that method of setting the resolution is "depreciated" in PT clients, and you can only do it because I made 1977 prefer the depreciated method again. (I "exploited" the depreciated method) The normal "preferred" method is to set ptReg.rgx to
Code:
"Graphic" "0"
for 800x600, 1 for 1024x768 and 2 for 1280x1024... But any of those options looks like crap on a widescreen display. So *I* prefer the depreciated method. :lol:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
greatly appreciated,

Great picture moment there lol!
Will try when I get home, since I'm at work :(

By the way, any way from a admin point to tier up someones else character without him being an admin?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Post fixed as per . Don't do it again!

As for rank-up... yea, you can. Once you are logged in and authenticated, you can load any character from any user and use the lee...rankup.

Most people use a web "painel" thing though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK still doesn't work.... I will show you my Hotuk.ini from my server

My Current setup is

- Personal Priston tale Server using your .exe setup
- Using a Kpt Client downloaded using the updater.
- Using the 2447 kpt game client and server
- Server_619 Repack
source: http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide-files-server-setup-faq-751531/f399/kpt-s...2477-a-810715/
mm_PristonTale.rar - Client
mm_Server.rar - Server

- Updated some server files using the "Wormys' Endless Tower 3rd floor item pack"

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but i'm still trying to learn the ropes :)

Here is the Ini file below.

Is there any conflicting files that's causing some features to not work properly?

*MODE SERVER
*SERVER_CODE 0
*SERVER_AUTOPLAY

*SERVER_NAME "PinoyPT"
*VERSION 1871 //Forca a versão
*MAX_USERS 200 //Máximo de usuarios no servidor

*GAME_SERVER "PinoyPT" 10.133.24.52 10.133.24.52 10.133.24.52 //IP LAN
//*GAME_SERVER "HAMACHI " 10.133.24.52 10.133.24.52 10.133.24.52 //IP LAN VIRTUAL
//*GAME_SERVER "LOCALHOST" 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 //IP LOCAL HOST

//Habilite caso tenha problemas para conectar, mas desabilitado resolve o erro de 8 user(s)
//*SERVER_LINK_IP 10.133.24.52 10.133.24.52 10.133.24.52
//CLAN SYSTEM

*CLAN_SERVER 10.133.24.52 80 10.133.24.52 80 //IP do Clan
*ENABLE_CLAN 10.133.24.52 80 10.133.24.52 80 //IP do Clan

*SERVER_RECORD_MEM
*CHECK_POTION_COUNT 10000
*ENABLE_PARTYITEM
*PERMIT_EXP 100000000000
*ENABLE_SERVER_EXP 20000000000
*PERMIT_MONEY 100000000

*CHECK_PLAYFIELD
*SERVER_INVENTORY
*CLIENT_CHECK_FUNC

//BELLATRA
*EVENT_HARDCORE
*BELATRA_TAX 10
*BELATRA_DIVSCORE

//DISABLE_THROWITEM //SE HABILITADO NINGUEM JOGA NADA NO CHAO
//DISABLE_QUEST //DESABILITA AS QUEST´S
//DISABLE_DEC_SKILLPOINT
//*DISABLE_LOGIN //DESABILITA LOGINS DE USER NORMAIS
//CRAZY_PACKET // EMITE PACOTES PARA VERIFICAR A CONEÃO.

//GERAÇÃO DE LOGS (SERVER)
*RECORD_JOBCHANGER //GRAVAMUDANÇAS DE TIER
*REC_ADMIN_CMD //GRAVA TODOS COMANDOS EXECUTADOS PELOS GM´S
*RECORD ITEM //GRAVA TODOS OS ITEMS (DROPADOS/VENDIDOS/JOGADOS FORA...)
*RECORD COPIED ITEM //GRAVA ITENS DUPLICADOS (RECUPERADO?)
*RECORD COPIED ITEM IN WAREHOUSE //GRAVA ITENS DUPLICADOS NO ARMAZEM

//LOCAL onde é PVP
//*ENABLE_PK 1 //HABILITA O PVP EM TODOS OS MAPAS
*PK_FIELD 9

// EVENTOS
*EVENT_EXPUP 10000 //EVENTO XP AQUI ESTA 10X PARA 100X AUMENTA UM 0 (LEMBRE DO XP NOS ARQUIVOS DOS MOBOS!)
*EVENT_POTION 8 //EVENTO MULT-POTES - AQUI SAO DROPADOS ATE 8 POTES
*EVENT_BITMASK 32 //PERMITE MOVER-SE PARA O BLESS CASTLE
*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE
//*EVENT_SUMMER_CHICKEN //EVENTO COELHA GIGANTE (BOSS)
//*EVENT_SANTAGOBLIN //EVENTO DUENDE NOEL
//*EVENT_GHOST //EVENDO DO FANTASMÃO
//*EVENT_MOLLYWOLF //EVENTO DA VOVO MOLLU - LOBO MAU
//*EVENT_MORIFSHELTOM //EVENTO DO MORIF (CARA DO AGING)
//*EVENT_WHITEDAY
//*EVENT_VALENTINEDAY
//*EVENT_NINEFOX //EVENTO DO AMULETO CALDO E NONO
//*EVENT_BABELHORN //EVENTO CHIFRE DE BABEL
//*EVENT_PUZZLE //EVENTO DO QUEBRA CABEÇA
//*EVENT_BIRTHDAY
//*EVENT_STARPOINT
//*EVENT_CRISTAL //EVENTO CRISTAL
*EVENT_CHILD //EVENTO CABEÇÃO
//*EVENT_DAMAGEOFF //EVENTO PLAYERS SOFREM MENOS DANOS
//*EVENTO_MANDOO
*EVENT_GIRL //EVENTO GAROTA RESETA AS SKILL\STATUS

//PROTEÇÃO DO SERVIDOR

//*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE 1065117298
//*DISCONNECT_CLIENT_BADCODE
//*CLSAFE_CODE -1374628258
//*DISCONENCT_CLSAFE_CODE
//*BLOCK LEVEL 1
//*DISCONECT_ITEM_ERROR 1
//*CLIENT_CHECK_PROCESS_TIME 30
//*CLIENT_PROCESS_TIME_OUT

//ATIVA AUTOMATICAMENTE O CASTELO DE BLESS
*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE 20
*EVENT_SIEGE_TIME 7

//COMUNICAÇÕES e INFORMAÇÕES
*NOTICE_URL
*DISP_BILLING_TIME

//BACKUP
*BACKUP_FOLDER_NAME "C:\Server\Logs"
*BACKUP_PATH "C:\Server\Logs"

//AREA DE ADMINSTRAÇÃO

*DEBUG_ID "admsteve"

*ADMIN_NAME chibixen//PALAVRA PASSE USADA PELOS GM PARA ATIVAÇÃO DOS LV
*ADMIN_LOGIN "admsteve"
*ADMIN_IP "10.133.24.10"

*ADMIN_COMMAND "1" //COMANDO DE ATIVCAÇÃO LV1
*ADMIN_COMMAND "2" //COMANDO DE ATIVCAÇÃO LV2
*ADMIN_COMMAND "3" //COMANDO DE ATIVCAÇÃO LV3

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
DropItem files are tied to monsters and vendors. Monsters are tied in to the events. But you can turn those things off in the Hotuk.ini of the server.

Crucially, you don't mention what features aren't working.

Clan? Bellatra? Bless? PvP Zone? Vendors? Monster Spawns? NPCs in general? GM Commands? Party Chat? etc. etc. etc. :lol:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oops, sorry my bad.

Again, sorry to be a pain in the arse,

Admin is still not working, I've read so many different type of Hotuk.ini setups and it seems to be a bit different for each in regards to the Admin configuration.

For example my posted above hotuk.ini vs another hotuk.ini,

So close but yet so far..

When I type in /:Admin 3 or ~/;Admin Lvl3, i just pm myself, is that how it should work? weird.

Though this is interesting to me, if I can get this working, I will post my quickie guide myself :laugh:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess you are logging on as a character called "Admin" then?

Whatever name you PM the server on must be reserved from players using. No player name should appear in any hotuk.ini. (ofc... but just to be clear)

The hotuk above command would be "/:chibixen 3" in any case, not "/:admin 3" or "/:admin Lvl3".

I also recommended not using *ADMIN_LOGIN and *ADMIN_IP in the same Hotuk, and not using *DEBUG_ID and *DEBUG_IP in the same Hotuk. I wouldn't even use *DEBUG_IP and *ADMIN_ID or such. Never mix login IDs and IPs for authentication. Use one or the other only. (sometimes it works, but mostly it just blocks everyone :lol:)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The hotuk above command would be ":/chibixen 3" in any case, not ":/admin 3" or ":/admin Lvl3".

Oh, so it was ":/" instead of "/:"
Is It mandatory to load the hotuk.ini with Admin right? or you acn just log in without a hotuk.ini and type the the following command and gain access to admin rights?

:thumbup1:

Well I will try that tonight when I get home from work :D:

wait a minute, do I have to type the :/Admin 3 in my Hotuk.ini client or ingame????

I'm getting really confused.

------------------
Edit

nevermind, I got it working, I definitely needed the Hotuk,ini client modded for it to work

*MODE WINDOW
MFC40.DLL Copyright-2002 /0
#Copyright-2002 Copyright-2002 Copyright-2002 ^^
#망사똥꼬팬티속깜장개미 망사똥꼬팬티속깜장개미 망사똥꼬팬티속깜장개미 ^^
*MODE WINDOW
*화면모드 창모드
//english admin mode
MFC40.DLL Copyright-2002 /0
//japanese
핑크색 망사똥꼬팬티속깜장개미 /0
//korean
(왕초보가이드) 포장단체주문환영 /0
//핑크색 망사똥꼬팬티속깜장개미 /0

#*배경선명도
#*메뉴화면
#*PLAYERSKIN
#*나쁜놈
#*지형모델
#*지형물체
#*배경밝기
#*배경선명도
#*조명각도
#*서버주소
#*서버포트
#*화면품질
#*관찰자모드
#*데이타서버주소
#*데이타서버포트
#*캐릭터서버주소
#*캐릭터서버포트

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry xenjitsu... that's my typo. It is "/:" not ":/". (I just have it set in shortcut.ini) XD

I've corrected it above.

It actually is a "Whisper" or private message. As I say, the server literally logs on an invisible character which exists nowhere and does nothing except listen for you to PM it. So if you change the PM prefix, it will be whatever you need to prefix to whisper the server to authenticate you.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry xenjitsu... that's my typo. It is "/:" not ":/". (I just have it set in shortcut.ini) XD

I've corrected it above.

No problems bobsolol :D

Thanks for your help !

Source: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/kpt-server-2477-a-810715/index7.html

Quote:
004439E8 |. 3D A1000000 CMP EAX,6E
and here:

Quote:
005719FB 83BB C8000000 6E CMP DWORD PTR DS:[EBX+C8],6E
Change 6E for what you want. Ex: 8c (140), 0A0 (160), 0F0 (240)

I am unable to change this line

005719FB 83BB C8000000 6E CMP DWORD PTR DS:[EBX+C8],6E <=== 6E to 8C doesn't seem to work

It gives me the Error Unknown Identifier, any reason for that?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would think it's the "DWORD PTR DS:[???+??]" stuff.

That is all overkill. ("DS:" is data segment in 16-bit mode, all segment registers are irrelevant in 32-bit & "PTR" is implied by parenthesis) Olly often "lists" those things to suit this that or the other compilers eye... doesn't always accept them.

Can't check now (GTG) but I think I just enter "cmp DWord[ebx + C8], 8C". I also configure Olly not to display most of the things which are implicit. Maybe those less familiar find the explicit notation clearer?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Managed to pull it off, but still won't let me level over 110...

Guess that's the limitation for now.... :(

Back