• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

L2J [Guide] Complete C3 server setup guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Code:
Making a L2 Server
Faq by Champloo

Before Starting You will need to make sure you have you have at least the minimum requirements if you would like to play Lineage II. I have included those specifications 
below.

Minimum Req.          Recommended Req.
CPU	Pentium 3 800MHz  Pentium 4 1GHz or better
RAM	Higher than 256MB Higher than 512MB
GFX	GeForce2 or better Geforce4 Ti or better

::Step 1::

*Note: You will need to have approximately 5 GB of free space available on your hard drive.*

Download and install the Lineage 2 Chronicle 3 client. 

The client can be found here:

[url]ftp://l2clientdownload.lineage2.com/Chronicle03/L2_C3_Installer.zip[/url]

*Note: The downloading time takes about 2½ hours for 1.2 Mbps DSL users*

::Step 2::

*Note: If you already have Directx 9.0c installed skip to step 3*

Download and Install Directx 9.0c

Directx 9.0c can be found here:

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx[/url]

::Step 3::

Download and install MySql

MySql can be found here:
[url]http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html[/url]
*Note: Scroll halfway down the page and you will find the Windows downloads section. You will want to download the Windows (x86) 4.1.12 35.7M version.*

During the installation you will encounter a security setting for the root password. It will be the first of two check boxes. It is imperative you remember this password.
At some point the config process will give you the ability to allow it to begin on startup. Make sure you check that.

::Step 4::

Download and Install Navicat.

Navicat is a gui that lets you easily navigate the creation of Sql database's, tables, etc. Although it isn't necessary, I highly recommend it as it will make things easier for both new and advanced users. In this faq you will find I have provided two ways of installing the Sql databases, one with Navicat and one without it for those who prefer not to use it.

You can download Navicat here:

[url]http://www.navicat.com/download.html[/url]

After installation, Navicat will ask you about the root password you set up during the installation of MySql. Input that password.

::Step 5::

Download and extract the required datafiles, L2J-Datapack.zip and l2j-server.zip into the folder. After you have done that, download l2jserver.jar and overwrite the old file located in the folder.

These files can be found here (EDITED by GreenHope):

[url]http://l2j.sourceforge.net/nightly/[/url]
[url]http://l2j-c2datapack.sourceforge.net/nightly/[/url]

::Step 6::

Configure the Server.cfg file.

# Bind ip of the gameserver, use * to bind on all available IPs
GameserverHostname=*
GameserverPort=7777

# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
ExternalHostname=ur.ip.ad.dress

# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
InternalHostname=ur.lan.ip.here

# Bind ip of the loginserver, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginserverHostname=*

# Database info
Driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
#Driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jdb?cachePrepStmts=true&prepStmtCacheSize=50
#URL=jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/l2jdb
Login=root
Password=(your password)
MaximumDbConnections=5

::Step 7::

Establish the database.

Go ahead and open Navicat, you'll notice on the left side of the menu you will have a Connections column. Go ahead and right click on whatever is there and delete it. 

Next right click that column and Select New Connection. Name this connection l2jdb. It has to be this as we have set it to this in the cfg file.

Test the connection. If you have included your root password into that, it should have no problem. If you cannot connect to mysql, thats because its not running. A restart might help. But it will usually be running after the install.

Now you have a connection named "l2jdb". Right click the connection and add a new database. After the db database shows, right click it & "Execute Batch File", you will then search within your l2jru folder for a directory called sql. You will have files ranging from Accounts to Weapons. You will execute each batch file, and as you do they will appear into your table data area to the right.

::Step 7 (Without Navicat)::

Establish the database.
Right click on full_install.bat and select edit. Find the lines that read

set mysqlBinPath=C:\mysql\bin
set user=root
set pass=
set DBname=l2jdb

and change that to

set mysqlBinPath=C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin
set user=root
set pass=(your password)
set DBname=l2jdb

Save, then run it. This will do all the work you just did with Navicat. The only purpose of Navicat is to easily and orderly edit sql table data. Which you may need if you get further into creating your own server. From editing quests to adding items and others.

It will take a few moments and then it should be done. Press any key to continue.

::Step 8::

Edit the host file to connect to your server

Find the host file in "C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc". Go ahead and right click open and select notepad from the list. Add this line to play alone. Or if you are connecting to a server, their respective IP.

127.0.0.1 l2authd.lineage2.com

It can be added at the bottom of whatever you have in there currently, on its own line. Save and exit.

::You have now completed your Lineage 2 Chronicle 3 server::

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey i have got the files and the server to run... there is some erros in java but thats no problem cuz it starts up. But i wann ask about the host file thing... u said i shuold add 127.0.0.1 l2authd.lineage2.com this... but my problem is, i have a router... and my Lan ip is 10.0.0.2... btw nice guide thanks a lot...
IDET: I have tried to add both of my ips wan and lan it still doesnt work.... :toilet_cl

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pls and how to change Client if I can connect to my server ?

aha ...now run if I change the hosts...
pls after i kill some creature ,then the creature can't give me money.what's bad?
thanks ahead.

sry for my english

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
----------------------------------------
A little bit help.

2 arideus: The ip 127.0.0.1 is Localhost. You dont need even the network for it. 127.0.0.1 is you own computer. But you cant play with you friends if you will add you Localhost IP. Only alone like in Singleplayer.

If you have network and you want to play with you friends over LAN you should add you LAN ip. Its 10.0.0.2.

In you hosts you should add such ip such like you used in Server Conf.
If you used 127.0.0.1 you should add 127.0.0.1 l2authd.lineage2.com
If 10.0.0.2 you should add 10.0.0.2 l2authd.lineage2.com
----------------------------

2 AlexeySK

Change mby you DropRate...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i've got such error:

1117373237843 CONFIG 12 net.sf.l2j.gameserver.SelectorThread GameServer listening on IP:* Port 7777
1117373243875 WARNING 10 net.sf.l2j.gameserver.ItemTable unknown etcitem type:lotto
1117373243875 WARNING 10 net.sf.l2j.gameserver.ItemTable unknown etcitem type:race_ticket
1117373243875 WARNING 10 net.sf.l2j.gameserver.ItemTable unknown etcitem type:race_ticket
1117373243937 WARNING 10 net.sf.l2j.gameserver.ItemTable unknown etcitem type:dye
1117373243937 WARNING 10 net.sf.l2j.gameserver.ItemTable unknown etcitem type:harvest
1117373243953 WARNING 10 net.sf.l2j.gameserver.ItemTable unknown etcitem type:seed2
1117373244000 CONFIG 10 net.sf.l2j.gameserver.ItemTable parsed 4711 etc items

and all HENNA SKILL TREE IS EMPTY....

how to correct it ???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks Virus ..
but where i change the drop rate?
in sql files?
or where?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In you Server.CFG find this lines:

# Rate control, float values
RateXp = 1.
RateSp = 1.
RateDropAdena = 1.
RateDropItems = 1.
RateDropSpoil = 1.

Change 1 to one which you wish 5 or 7 what you want...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmmm ...okj I go try it now ...
and realy thanks ..
but i have one question else for you
I run my server
and in start server write
Code:
unknown ertcitem type:dye
unknown ertcitem type:seed2
unknown ertcitem type:harvest

and i dont know where i have problem ..
thanks

and sry for my english : )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have the same trouble. I don't know ftf is it.
Write me in ICQ mby we can solve that together... My ICQ: 3001472

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I figured that local ip thing... but here is the problem YOU CAN'T CONNECT WITH THAT HOST METHOD. Belive me i have tried.. there is something wrong with encryption...i have contacted Champloo via msn and told him about his mistakes... lets wait for his edit.. :chair:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
V I R U S said:
Thats not Champloo mistake i think. Its Emulator...
i told u... its not emulators fault... Its umm let me explain do u know what encryption of l2.ini file is? and the new gameguard? and the 412 Algorithms? belvie me i tried everything... but i couldnt get that decryptor to work :(:(:( and ye i have tried all posible ways of connecting, by using programs like L2Proxy, Sockap V2 etc etc i changed my lan ip like 100 times the host method wont work.. the c3 clinet's l2.ini is encrypted in 412 and we need someone to help us and lear us how to use the frikin l2encdec254... gg k thnx bye :chair:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AlexeySK said:
hmmm ...okj I go try it now ...
and realy thanks ..
but i have one question else for you
I run my server
and in start server write
Code:
unknown ertcitem type:harvest

and i dont know where i have problem ..
thanks

and sry for my english : )

Normal for now, does not affect server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
server works nicely. lots of bugs but server on c3 client, thats great.

lots of bugs though, but i notice these things alot better since i play on ncsofts servers myself.

but damn nice

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ikkky said:
server works nicely. lots of bugs but server on c3 client, thats great.

lots of bugs though, but i notice these things alot better since i play on ncsofts servers myself.

but damn nice
u got it working? :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes it's work

All work fine. Lots of bugs but work !!! Need add some AI to mobs at 1st :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
arideus said:
i told u... its not emulators fault... Its umm let me explain do u know what encryption of l2.ini file is? and the new gameguard? and the 412 Algorithms? belvie me i tried everything... but i couldnt get that decryptor to work :(:(:( and ye i have tried all posible ways of connecting, by using programs like L2Proxy, Sockap V2 etc etc i changed my lan ip like 100 times the host method wont work.. the c3 clinet's l2.ini is encrypted in 412 and we need someone to help us and lear us how to use the frikin l2encdec254... gg k thnx bye :chair:

WTF ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT ? HAVE YOU READEN HIS GUIDE ? AS I SEE NOT !!! THEN READ IT AGAIN ... YOU DONT NEED THIS DAMN ENCRYPTION HERE !!!

::Step 8::

Edit the host file to connect to your server

Find the host file in "C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc". Go ahead and right click open and select notepad from the list. Add this line to play alone. Or if you are connecting to a server, their respective IP.

127.0.0.1 l2authd.lineage2.com

It can be added at the bottom of whatever you have in there currently, on its own line. Save and exit.

::You have now completed your Lineage 2 Chronicle 3 server::

If you dont understand something in programming dont talk such shenanigans....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi virus
i did execute everything but ,i can't execute lvlupgain in sgl file to navicat ,it says error1064 .....
please help thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you didnt need Navicat... you can install it all without Navicat.
Just configure you full_install.bat in TOOLS folder and start it to install.
And look that you MySQL server is higher that 4.x version. Its doesnt work on 3.x.

what is "RateDropSpoil" ? For what is it ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
V I R U S said:
WTF ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT ? HAVE YOU READEN HIS GUIDE ? AS I SEE NOT !!! THEN READ IT AGAIN ... YOU DONT NEED THIS DAMN ENCRYPTION HERE !!!

If you dont understand something in programming dont talk such shenanigans....
Ducking moron... watch what im wrightin closer... lil noobling... THE Ducking HOST THING DOESNT WORK Special person! I talked with that dudeo n msn and he admited it him SELF SO STFU. Programing ROFL where are u programing? dip shyt... :thumbup: gg u just proved that ur a moron... :3dflagsdo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back