• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

[Guide] for ep 2.2 [Flysis] (At some peoples requests)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The following guide will give you enough knowledge to setup and run a Ace Online/ Air Rivals private server.

Step 1: Getting the files you need.

-If you need a flysis client, download it from here:

-Download SQL 2k5 or 2k8, it's up to you. Out of personal preference, i use 2k5.
Go to to get the trial version of SQL 2k8. Try to avoid getting Express if possible (It has a limitation on DB restores.

-Download Hamachi. It will give you a Virtual IP which will be used to connect to the server. You can download it from . Install it and run through the set up. Once running, click the power button. You'll have to create a Hamachi ID, it doesn't really matter what it is. Then, It'll ask you whether you want to Create a network or Join an existing one. Choose to create a new one, name it, give it a password. You're done with Hamachi for now.

Step 2: Setting up the server (Flysis/Server folders).

-Once extracted, go into the Flysis Server 2.2 folder. You should see 9 other folders inside (bin, config, DB_BAKS, htdocs, Lib, log, map, SCMonitor, SCVoIP) along with odbx_x86 / 64 and a README file. The README is a little Engrishy, but if you wanna read it go ahead.

-Go into the config folder and look for the file named global.cfg. Open it using Notepad.

-The top two IPs that say 127.0.0.1, change it to say your Hamachi IP (It'll start with a 5). This isn't completely necessary, you can just set it up as a 127.0.0.1 (Which for those of you who don't know, that means local host) However, this guide is made for people who want others to connect to your server (Say, a friend comes over and wants to play too, or some Ventrilo friends, take your pick). So for the sake of the guide, do the Hamachi IP.
If done right, it should look as follows:

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize

-Now you're going to do a bit of copying, bare with me. It's going to sound a bit awkward reading it (Alot easier hearing how to do it), but i'll use pictures to try and help guide you through it.
What you're going to want to do is open up the server folder, go to the map folder. Now you're going to open up Flysis Client, and go to Flysis/Res-Map. Copy all of the map files from that to your server.

-Go into the Res-Obj folder, and copy all of those files into the ./map/Res-Obj folder in the server.

-Now go back a folder in your flysis folder, go to Res-Map. Now go back a folder in your server. Copy ALL of the DATs to the clients Res-Map folder, and ONLY the .DATs in the server.

Now you should be set with the files that you needed to copy over to both the client and the server. Now on to SQL Side of things!

Step 3: Setting up the server (SQL Side of things).
-Moving right on to SQL side of things, the installation is fairly simple, so i'm not going to walk you through it. You're a big kid, running your own server and stuff, i think you can figure it out. (When it asks what you want to install, select all. USe NT/System Authority, and Add current user for anything after that. Install it and you should be on your way. Figured i'd just give an overview

-Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager, click on SQL Server Network Configuration, and click on Protocols for MSSQLSERVER. Right click TCP/IP Settings. It should look like the following:

If it doesn't make it look like that.
Now go over to the IP Addresses tab, and since you have Hamachi installed, the IP should already be there.

Make it Active if it isn't, Enable it, and change the Port to 9979. When you click okay, it will say that the service will have to be restarted for the changes to be applied.

Go to Start, type in services.msc, and scroll down until you find MSSQL Server, Restart it and you should be good.

-Now open up the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. Right click on Databases, and chose the restore option. if done successfully, you'll get to this screen:

All you have to do now is restore the databases. Do as follows:

Enlarge this image

Once you restore atum2_db_1, do the same for atum2_db_account:

Enlarge this image

Now you're set for that side of things. To make an account, go to Databases, atum2_db_account, Tables, and right click on dbo.td_Account, select "Edit top 200 rows"
You'll see a default account named Admin, you can add an account by typing in its:
AccountName
Password
AccountType (0= Normal user, 128= GM, 256= Helper)

Now you're almost done, all you have to do now is add the odbc's and compile a batch file.

Step 4: Setting up the ODBC's

-What you have to do now is go to your server folder, and double click on the file named odbc_x86 (or x64 for you 64 bit users out there). It'll ask if you're sure, just say yes. Now go to Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC). Click on the Systm DSN tab, there should be 5 entries. Only worry about the top 4. Double click the first one, you'll want to edit the Server Name part. Where it says 127.0.0.1, put in the name of your server like so:

Click finish and test it. If it passes successfully, do the same for the next 3. Once all are done and successfully tested, congratulations. Only one more step to go.

Step 5: Getting the Batch file
If you don't know how to make a batch file, just use the following program and method:
Quote:

Quick BFC:

Install and start the Program.
Now Type in:

echo off
start Launcher.atm (YOURIP)

Click on Embedded Files and Browse for your FLYSIS.ico (in your game folder).

Now click -> Project -> Compile.

Save it in your Game Folder as .exe

Now you can try to start your own compiled Start.exe

Mine for example was:
echo off
start Launcher.atm 5.207.74.185

You're going to use that Start.Exe to get the client to connect to your server. Now you're pretty much done. All you have to do is bring the server online. To do that, all you gotta do is go to the bin folder in your server, and open up, in this order, Preserver, IM Server, LogServer, Field Server, and then NPC Server. First three take next to nothing to boot, Field takes a little long and so does NPC. If you open task manager, and it says not responding, don't freak out. That means the server is actually booting up. Once Field server comes online you can launch into the game.

Credits in the most part of the job, to some1 who many of you doesn't know, FallenProphett

Have Fun Boyz.:eek:tt1:

Last edited:

PTG

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there darkmandos :)

I already posted this guide here actually. I wrote the guide here originally, and then ported it over to my friends website that hosted Ace mods while they were still popular.

The original can be found here with all pictures to guide you as well:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f614/guide-ace-online-697147/

Thanks for actually giving credit though! :D

~PTG/FallenProphett

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
there is another
here guide

Reaction score
Yeap its the same but i changed the downloads. the server 2.2 its in zip format and has 58 mbs not 600mbs. :) but yea u can pick a look from there. that guide its almost the same as this one. Only some few words have been changed because i changed the folder server name.

and also i specified that the credits belong to that guy:p^^

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Darkmandos it's not properly the same,they 2 Tutorials posted are ONLY specified for Space Cowboy(Airrivals ep1),the darkmandos one are modified for the ep2.2 MY FAVOURITE *.*

oK dARKMANDOS:NOW: xd
hAPPYhOUR AND sp? :( IN THE EP1 my first server i made,i make it directly from the table's in the SQL managment studio,now i supposed i'll need a Admin Tool,ok so with the same information given from your Tut,what exactly i need to do?("the same information given from your Tut"-include the odbc Setting's and ID and PW from your tut)

Darkmandos,hypothesize i use ,during the installation of SQL server ID=ALEXPC\SERVEREP2 and password=SERVER(using the SQL authentication,right?) what i need to do?or with the odbc loaded,i don't need to do alse?

wait! XD
one thing more:modify 200 rows" ok .CRAP how can i modify ALL the rows in a table? :'(

Reaction score
The Darkmandos it's not properly the same,they 2 Tutorials posted are ONLY specified for Space Cowboy(Airrivals ep1),the darkmandos one are modified for the ep2.2 MY FAVOURITE *.*

oK dARKMANDOS:NOW: xd
hAPPYhOUR AND sp? :( IN THE EP1 my first server i made,i make it directly from the table's in the SQL managment studio,now i supposed i'll need a Admin Tool,ok so with the same information given from your Tut,what exactly i need to do?("the same information given from your Tut"-include the odbc Setting's and ID and PW from your tut)

Darkmandos,hypothesize i use ,during the installation of SQL server ID=ALEXPC\SERVEREP2 and password=SERVER(using the SQL authentication,right?) what i need to do?or with the odbc loaded,i don't need to do alse?

wait! XD
one thing more:modify 200 rows" ok .CRAP how can i modify ALL the rows in a table? :'(

If you have the tools there, the Strategic Points you can make them from the admin tool.
For happy hour you have to change it. I will post the columns here in a few moments.

Code:
[CODE]6	0	1	2010-08-09 00:00:00.000	2010-08-09 23:59:00.000	99,9	99,9	0	9	9	0	255
7	0	2	2010-08-09 00:00:00.000	2010-08-09 23:59:00.000	99,9	99,9	0	99,9	99,9	0	255
8	0	3	2010-08-09 00:00:00.000	2010-08-09 23:59:00.000	99,9	99,9	0	99,9	99,9	0	255
9	0	4	2010-08-09 00:00:00.000	2010-08-09 23:59:00.000	99,9	99,9	0	99,9	99,9	0	255
10	0	5	2010-08-09 00:00:00.000	2010-08-09 23:59:00.000	99,9	99,9	0	99,9	99,9	0	255
11	0	6	2010-08-09 00:00:00.000	2010-08-09 23:59:00.000	99,9	99,9	0	99,9	99,9	0	255
12	0	7	2010-08-09 00:00:00.000	2010-08-09 23:59:00.000	99,9	99,9	0	99,9	99,9	0	255
13	0	0	2010-08-09 00:00:00.000	2010-08-09 12:59:00.000	99,9	99,9	0	99,9	99,9	0	255
[/CODE]

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i don't have the tool however i don t know how to use it because i don understand hiw they work and what id and pw are needed for xor encode,because while Sql server installation i don t use/write any pass :(

flysis client ? uff :( what other client can i actualy use for Your server ep2?

if i can use others,how?what i need to do to male it working?

Darkmandos You dont replied me. How can i modify ALL the rows in a table?

Reaction score
Darkmandos You dont replied me. How can i modify ALL the rows in a table?

Open SQL Server Management Studio.

Click "Tools"
Click "Options"
Click "SQL Server Object Explorer"

At "Audit Log Viewer Option" leave it as 1ooo

At "Table and View Options"
Value for Edit Top <n> Rows command put 0
Value for Select Top <n> Rows command put 0

Click OK

And your done.

As other client...I don't really know if other client works.
I know that only FLYSIS works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks *.* and if i want try other client what i need to copy, where?tha same instruction for Flysis?or something more?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
please download the game again
newset vetsion: 1.0.0.0
how to fix it?

Fixed :) But now Ipress OK at the Select gearPad and during Loading....CRASH without any Messagebox with errors :( hellp :(

Reaction score
You can go to ur server folder in /map/Res-Tex/omi.tex and copy that to ur client which is in /client/Res-Tex/ with copy replace or vice-versa.

When you change something in the server folder such as files, you have to keep the server down and after to start it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i tryed but no result's :( BUT!
i logged with this account(type-125) 'Jared' pass'admins' and inside was a Agear fully-all-300 and whenni click ok CRASH ok now i made a New-gear and Tadaaam IT Works :D
ok now ....
What is the type's of account?the old flysis one? 0normal 128 gm 255 Admin 256 Helper(what is this??o.o)
And- why i cant see the pandea Quest's?O.O
AND-when i made the EP1 server,while i tried to start some HH (Fail-.-because..)i observed the Server time,go forward very quickly! O.O when was the real time 19;27 in atum was 19:50,and when was realtime 20:01 atum time are 22 and something O.O!

i made some tests :
1-255 Admin
2-256 Helper with that strange gear whi cant change with other -.-(this is a GM?)
3-125 when enter"The game server is under maintenaince.Check for further info"
4-128 an other ADMIN
5-0(probably the normal user)The same popup message form type 125

Can you help me darkmandos? :'(

Reaction score
1 = 255 will never be admin * its 128 or in ep3.3 some others have 130*
2 = Yes 256 its GM.
3 = 125 *I know that doesn't exist*
4 = 128 *Its Game Administrator*
5 = 0 * will be always the normal account*

You can't see the pandea quests because you DO NOT HAVE EVEN the maps of pandea.
You must add what is necessary so the maps to work, (edit the localization folder + the map.cfg + databases (but i think in databases are already there) + generate a new omi. + add the maps in server files "map folder"(

Episode 2.2 doesn't have Pandea.

I reapeat. You must bring them. "alive" ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back