Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] for ep 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've tried the db backups from the other thread (dl link is )

And they wont work on 2008, or sql 2008 r2 studio. (Says .bak file is corrupt)

@ Waronline, was wondering if you could upload your original .bak files, I bet that guy that made that thread made those .bak corrupt or something. I've spent hours installing/re-installing all versions of sql studio, not work and all say the .bak is corrupted.

Thanks

Edit: IS it because I am using the express edition? I'm doing the trial one... i'll brb

Last edited:
You got reported! :o
Reaction score
And they wont work on 2008, or sql 2008 r2 studio. (Says .bak file is corrupt)

im using sql 2008 r2 also, it worked with trial, its working now w/o trial. do u have any other .bak that you could "test" ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
on laptop yes, pc not

I know this might sound like to much, but could you please send me your .bak files through mediafire or something? (not the ones you used, since you got passwords in there) but I'm just curious are you using the same ones here?

http://forum.ragezone.com/f614/download-links-dead-903451/

Because I was on the express version and it said the .bak file was corrupt. I am very close at setting this server up for my forum for a fun little game everyone can play, but I'm currently installing the trial one. (I thought the express version was very bad) but now that you said it worked for you, I am completely dumbfounded....

I'm installing the trial one now, (About the 7th time re-installing these, man oh man it is frustrating :p) but it should be worth it if it works.

I'll let you know if the trial one does. (It's not express I think)

Edit: Also, are you on 32 or 64 bit windows?

Reaction score
i used this files also, they worked, nothing corrupt... only took a lil bit on atum2_db_1 but thats normal. i use 64 bit on laptop, 32 on PC

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i used this files also, they worked, nothing corrupt... only took a lil bit on atum2_db_1 but thats normal. i use 64 bit on laptop, 32 on PC

Okay, So I completely uninstalled everything and downloaded the

64 bit version express trial r2 2008, and I Installed it as a Evaluation, so I assume I got 180 days left, or I could find a key. But it does seem to be working now, im at 90% on the first .bak. Seems like the express version with no-trial is bugged or something. (But I could be wrong)

But you did say you used the expressed version on it, but I do not think the restore limit is there on the trial version that is why it's working for me. But then again, the error message would be different than just

"
SQL Server cannot process this media family. RESTORE HEADERONLY file data is corrupted
"

But in any event, hopefully I can get everything else working, dam that sql stuff was a pain in the butt. To be honest, no idea what was the problem... :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm Trying to make a server but i had the following errors Error 1 - [Guide] for ep 3.3 - RaGEZONE Forums Error 2 - [Guide] for ep 3.3 - RaGEZONE Forums .

any ideas?

Ty

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
ODBC error, wrong TCP port could be.... send logs, not screens ;-)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Global -.- i'm using .net authentification and no-ip.
ty

################################################################################
# Database Settings - Global
################################################################################
$DB_SERVER_IP = freedoom.servegame.com
$DB_SERVER_PORT = 1433
$DB_SERVER_NAME_PRE = atum2_db_account
$DB_SERVER_NAME_IM = atum2_db_1

$LOGDB_SERVER_IP = freedoom.servegame.com
$LOGDB_SERVER_PORT = 1433

$BILLING_SERVER_IP = freedoom.servegame.com
$BILLING_SERVER_PORT = 1433
$BILLING_DB_NAME = atum2_db_1
$BILLING_SERVER_UID =
$BILLING_SERVER_PASSWORD =

$EXTAUTH_DB_SERVER_IP = freedoom.servegame.com
$EXTAUTH_DB_SERVER_PORT = 1433
$EXTAUTH_DB_SERVER_DB_NAME = atum2_db_account

# Database Settings 1 - PreServer
$PRE_ODBC_DSN db_account
$PRE_ODBC_UID
$PRE_ODBC_PASSWD

# Database Settings 2 - ServerGroup(IMServer, FieldServer, LogServer, NPCServer)
$SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_DSN db_1
$SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_UID
$SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_PASSWD

# Database Settings 3 - Log DB Server(LogServer)
# ($LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_XXX)
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_DSN db_1
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_UID
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_PASSWD

# External Authentication Flag
# Database Settings 3 - External Authentication(DB)
$IS_EXTERNAL_AUTHENTICATION = FALSE
$EXT_AUTH_ODBC_DSN atum_external_authentication_dsn
$EXT_AUTH_ODBC_UID
$EXT_AUTH_ODBC_PASSWD

#SCADMIN-TOOL - Allowed IP
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_1 = 127.0.0.1
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_2 =
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_3 =
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_4 =
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_5 =
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_6 =
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_7 =
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_8 =
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_9 =
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_10 =

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This?

### CAUTION: Refer to "global.cfg"! ###

LocalIPAddress $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
LocalPublicIPAddress $LOCAL_PUBLIC_IP_ADDR
LocalListenPort $LOG_SERVER_PORT
LanguageType $LANGUAGE_TYPE

# Database Settings
# DB (<--$SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_XXX)
ODBCDSN $LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_DSN
ODBCUID $LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_UID
ODBCPASSWD $LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_PASSWD

DBServerIP $DB_SERVER_IP
DBServerPort $DB_SERVER_PORT
DBServerDatabaseName $DB_SERVER_NAME_IM

# ServerGroupName
ServerGroupName $SERVER_GROUP_NAME_1

# ServerGroupInfo List
ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_1
ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_2
# ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_3
# ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_4
# ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_5
# ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_6
# ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_7
# ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_8
# ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_9
# ServerGroupInfo $$SERVER_GROUP_INFO_10

#SCADMIN-TOOL - Allowed IP
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_1
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_2
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_3
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_4
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_5
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_6
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_7
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_8
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_9
AllowedToolIP $ALLOWED_TOOL_IP_10

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score