• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Guide] How To Add & Edit NPC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm not updating any of my guides/downloads on RaGEZONE anymore. Please go for more up-to-date downloads and guides along with more support.

How To Add & Edit NPC's
By: Yetsuki​

This guide will teach you how to add and edit the location of npc's on your eAthena server.

-=-=-=-=-=Getting The Script=-=-=-=-=-

First, find a script you'd like to add. You can find a poop load of 'em . You can also get support for scripts that have bugs or whatever there.

-=-=-=-=-=Set Up=-=-=-=-=-

Once you've found a script, save it as a .txt file. Now open up your eAthena folder, and go into the folder called "npc". Right click anywhere and click on "New" and then "Folder". Name the folder "My NPCs". This is the place that you should put all of your scripts. Place your script in this folder.

-=-=-=-=-=Placing The Path=-=-=-=-=-

Now click "Back" and open up a file called "scripts_custom.conf" with your favorite text editor. Scroll down a bit 'till you find something like this:
Code:
// ------------------------- My Scripts -------------------------
//npc: npc/location/to/script.txt                     <----You can delete this if you want.
//                     Your scripts go here!!           <----You can delete this if you want.
// --------------------------------------------------------------
This is where you'll set the paths to your scripts. It'll work as if you start in your eAthena folder. So from there, to get to your script, you'd have to go into your npc folder, then My NPCs folder, and then your script so it'd look something like:
Code:
npc: npc/My NPCs/Script.txt
Always make sure you have "npc:" before the path to the script. You can also put the npc's name/description above the location by simply putting a "//" in front of it. Example:
Code:
//My Script - The best script ever!
npc: npc/My NPCs/Script.txt
You don't have to, but it could organize you a little bit.

-=-=-=-=-=Editing The NPC's Location=-=-=-=-=-

Open up your NPC's file with a text editor. Search for something like:
Code:
alberta.gat,111,59,5	script	Bulletin Board#1	837,{
It should be near the top of the script. I'll break it down with color codes.

alberta.gat,111,59,5 script Bulletin Board#1 837,{

Map File: This is the map that the NPC will be located on. To find out which map you're on, go in-game, and type "/where". The map is the file that ends with .gat

Coordinates: These are the coordinates where the NPC will be found on the map specified before. To find out the coordinates of where your standing in-game, simply type "/where". The coordinates are the two numbers seperated by a comma.

NPC Position: This is the way that the NPC will be looking. You can change this anywhere from 1-8. I don't have anymore detail on this 'cause I'm not an expert scripter, but just play around with it until you find which numbers make the NPC point where.

Script Type: Leave this alone 'cause you might mess up the entire script ^.^

NPC Name: This will be the name of the NPC that shows under the NPC in-game.

NPC ID: This is the ID of which NPC sprites to use. For a full list of NPC ID's, go .

-=-=-=-=-=End Note=-=-=-=-=-

That's it for now, but I might add a little bit more to it later.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Absolutely no comments/questions?! I thought this would help a lot of nubs out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thankyou for this guide. It's really helpful. I may start running a server soon. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i still cant make dis serve online why eh? i think i folow u instruction but i still cant make ragnarok serve online ...or i change the data rong hmmm what i must open? login-server-exe,char-server.exe and map-server.exe

lol its said server connecting closed =.= what is thad mean -,- lol i see at char-server.exe its said Connecting closed. No map servers available. but i see at map.server.exe its online =.= what is hapening to me ?

can some 1 tell me how to change map-server.exe

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide, pretty much knew all but the npc ID's I couldnt find a site with them. :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yetsuki im using the eathena-txt-9970[stable] can u pls teach on how

to add the npc script...this guide u make ... i cant understand @@"

add me if u really kind on how to add npc morpheuz_92@hotmail.com

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
now i understand thks you yetsuki for da guide !!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can anyone help me such as warper / healer / buffer / job changer /pvp warper?:jester:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
very good!! great guide tnx really helped me out the hell that im stucked out. TY very much again!!^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back