Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]How to make your serverfiles working

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx man all work fine now i have 2 question

1.i need tut to make a web for my server but i dont know noting about PHP
2.when i kill some monseter and i get the drop... some drops are bugged i dont see they img
can u tell me how fix that?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can somebody attach a chat room with the register site, i made mine with a chat room in the register site, but i dont like my own edited ones, so can someone out there just make it like that, same as u guys attach players in the register page, attach a chat room, it wud be nice wont it, so the ppl can chat on da register page= server fun+register webpage fun+chat fun= MEGA GREAT SERVER

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
1. wait till later today, im gonna write a brand new guide how to setup the account manager with a friend of mine.
2. Make sure your items got the correct skin of the item, also check if they exist in hex, in your client.
If it has no image as it usually says IG, add a skin to it then.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So the brand new account manager you've been working on with those new features you told me about a while back will put put up today? :D

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
So the brand new account manager you've been working on with those new features you told me about a while back will put put up today? :D
I've never said so buddy, im barly active nomore, and im not active as developing on this section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alas, I have made a mistake. I mistook you for someone else. My apologies. :x

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping, but please, can someone re-upload the server_619 files? I really want to try it out, but my server file doesn't have the ClanDB.reg =/

And btw, isn't ClanDb a database?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping, but please, can someone re-upload the server_619 files? I really want to try it out, but my server file doesn't have the ClanDB.reg =/

And btw, isn't ClanDb a database?

It is... the .reg file sets up registry settings for database access... I think it's most important for Clan ISS access, but there may be other uses.

I've re-hosted at MediaFire, so I hope that helps.

If all you're missing is the .reg files to link to your database you can use my Automated PT Server Registry setup to sort that out for you.:wink:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Updates

Thanks for the updates Swezid. It's looking good.

IPConfig doesn't require elevation on Vista BTW... and in all probability both your LAN IP and the routers IP will begin 192.168.x.x... The one you are looking for as your router is the "Default Gateway".
Code:
C:\Users\bobsobol>IPConfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : [COLOR=Lime]192.168.1.4[/COLOR]
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : [COLOR=Red]192.168.1.1[/COLOR]

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

C:\Users\bobsobol>ver

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]

MyIP, MyRoutersIP. :wink:

Oh yea... I see you are missing the end of this guide. Again, I have a backup. Please see attached. ;)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there anyone who can run a clan server on UltimatePTTestClient? Plz teach us how to do that.
Which clan system do you use? and What's the procedure?
I have been struggling with it for almost a week, but not made it work yet.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
RFT has a guide by Happy on clan issues. It's a very tricky subject and each developer seems to have their own method of dealing with clans.

I doubt that any specific server pack is any better suited to any specific clan system than any other. The biggest issue is that if you don't use asp, you have to hex php or WHY urls into the client... and you need some form of ClanSODManager running in the background to update the SQL database with regard to Clan events, SOD scores and such.

Clans are pretty much a separate issue to the game server all-together.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
I really, really appreciate the backup bob mate.

And...For you people who read the guide and trying to understand at least the last part of the guide (about the NPC's and from that headline to the end) -I apologize that it's horrible written, i'm thinking about the english part, the grammar and so on, since it was a while ago i wrote it. Although it's that way, I might edit it as soon as I possible can, for now... i'm busy. I just wanted to inform you people, that's why I wrote this messag.

Have a nice day,
Cheers.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No problem Swezid, thanks for updating your guide... I'm thinking that if your guide has up-to-date files, then my guide on using PPT to install some other server files should be a good E.Z.Mode :wink: and yours is perfect for manual.

I personally think anyone who wants to admin a server should know how to do the manual setup, and should also have a pretty good idea of what each folder is for... even if they don't know the exact format of all the files. Your guide is pretty complete in most of those respects... Grammar not withstanding. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, I have tried my best to follow your instructions and I have checked every place for the correct Ip's and so on. Databases were set up fine. I'm using the server FusionPT repack ..

When I start the server.. well it starts..

however when I try to connect, it goes into a message "connecting to xxx and then it says.. failed to connect.. The exe I am using is (Kpt1871(NoXtrap).exe). I did checked my registry and found everything to be as I expected.

-the client I am using is psTale(test_1871).exe

Oh, and by the way, thanks for updating the guide :3

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
KPT1871 is a QF client which has the IP in it's exe IINM.

What goes in your registry, for the clien is irrelevant really, as Quant patched out the registry read with a fixed constant in the PE image.

Your IP needs to be hexed into the executable near the end of the file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ahhh I knew it! Thanks bob for the reply, I thought I was going to wait another day D:. Okay, give me a second, I'm hexing it now.. I'll be looking for an IP, any suggestions? XD

orr. wait, did you say I could use another .exe to get to my server?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can... 1871 or 1873 are pretty good for a trial run on the repack you are using IMHO... and hexing the client is pretty much easier than messing with the registry and Idata.bmp shizzle anyway.

You can't miss it, it's a plain ASCII string less than 512 bytes from the end of the file. Specifically, he patched out the code that would otherwise read from "Server1" registry entry... if Server1 is live, the client doesn't look for Server2 or Server3, they are only there to fall back on. (during maintainence or such)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can... 1871 or 1873 are pretty good for a trial run on the repack you are using IMHO... and hexing the client is pretty much easier than messing with the registry and Idata.bmp shizzle anyway.

You can't miss it, it's a plain ASCII string less than 512 bytes from the end of the file. Specifically, he patched out the code that would otherwise read from "Server1" registry entry... if Server1 is live, the client doesn't look for Server2 or Server3, they are only there to fall back on. (during maintainence or such)

I can't find that code D: I found like 2 ip's and changed them but nothing else. Those two ip's were nowhere near the end of the file though so they are probably not right. How should it look like anyways? (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)? and where can I get the 1871 exe :(

Actually I think it worked.. but it says the password is wrong.. I checked carefully and it can't be wrong. Is it because MySQL express uses a pasword hash?

EDIT: There is no password hash, the password worked as I typed it.. (not sure what happened) Thanks so much bob.. <333 (turns out I actually got the right ip in the hex editer)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay... that is confused.

1871 and 1873 stickied thanks to DK >here<

MySQL doesn't have an Express version, and PT doesn't work with MySQL.

No SQL uses a hash password, (too insecure) and logging in to PT game.exe has nothing to do with your SQL password.

What is quite common, is "password incorrect" when ODBC is not configured correctly, or (if you use them instead) SQL.dll and Clan.dll are not properly edited.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually some mySQL tables use a hash algorithm, I've seen it before (they have the value, but then the server itself decrypts it). And I think mySQL can hash values if it wants to, you just have to set it.

And yes, logging into my account was what I was talking about not the game.exe XD. The game.exe worked excellently.

Anyways, it seems I did the ODBC correctly, but I'm not terribly sure what it does actually ( I just followed directions :,()

Back