Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Increasing Your Computer Proformance

Reaction score
I noticed most of RZ's members are here for Game devolopment, and playing games so i thought i'd make this guide to help get the best performance from your machine.

Starting things off, you might need to download some software so please keep in mind you need some space on your computer (100-200MB)

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a bunch of .svn files that some nub put on my PC; I've used the Disc Clean up tool that comes with the computer, but that didn't remove them, and I can't delete them because the folder they are in isn't there anymore.

Real weird poop, but it slows down my search results etc.

And trust me, there are thousands of these hidden .svn files.

I'll try that TuneUp app :D:

Reaction score
I've had that happen to be before,

Those Svn files are hidden, just go into any Folder, click Tools and click " Folder Options... ", then click the view tab and under Hidden files and folders choose " Show hidden files and folders "

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What the hell, out of magic they have just dissappeard, seriouslly, I could've sworn I had thousands of them...

great guide btw, I'm certian that if anyones a "pro gammer" ,then they'll be interested in reading this

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What the hell, out of magic they have just dissappeard, seriouslly, I could've sworn I had thousands of them...

great guide btw, I'm certian that if anyones a "pro gammer" ,then they'll be interested in reading this

I'm pretty sure they would like me I'm already getting the best performance from my laptop but I think I can do better :). Anyways thank you so much for this guide!

@Rec0rd

Hehe, are you sure it wasn't Chris Angel sneaky son of a witch he made my pr0n disappear too =[ LOL.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think i might try this tommorow morning.

Do anything to get vista running faster <_<

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think i might try this tommorow morning.

Do anything to get vista running faster <_<

Meh I just finished installing it usually defrag every Wednesday that's Vista default defrag setting. If not I do it myself.

Reaction score
Not trying to be a grammar wiz just helping out but you wrote Refrag isn't it Defrag? Cause it says it on the picture haha.

Lol, my bad :p i was rushing the last bits

Also worked like a beautiful charm. It freed 1.9G of space and probably more from those 210 errors registries. Also I cannot find that Ram release usage thing I have 3 gigs and I need it cause It's like using 400MB. Instead of 3024 but not all ram runs at there perfect RAM thingy lmao.

Thanks, and you wut OS are you running

Master Summoner
Reaction score
My PC is like 4 years old (nvidia GeForce 6200, 2.4GhZ processor and 1.25GB ram, 240GB HDD (2HDD's) :O) and this guide helped (actually i was using this program for like 6 months but still there were some things that i didn't used. THX)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great tut. well done. Helped a lot!

Reaction score
Good guide for people new to computers... others should know that all of that can be done in windows itself.

Defrag - System properties
Startup manager - msconfig
Registry Defrag - regedit
And the "memory optimiser" just clears your ram.

I personally would never use a "registry defrager" simply cos i dont want a 3rd party program which could potentially delete needed registry entries going through my registry.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Hmm.. You could also use Ccleaner? It works fine for me. Just a hint :)

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea, CCleaner does the same trick, and it's for free.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
CcClearner
TheAJ - [Guide] Increasing Your Computer Proformance - RaGEZONE Forums

TheAJ - [Guide] Increasing Your Computer Proformance - RaGEZONE Forums

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks, attempting this now.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you have a virus that attaches to .exe's it thinks you use frequently so it can be run

Back