Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Making some little changes in your game.exe with Olly

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I read about this in an brazilian pt dev forum and I tested and works fine. In my opinion this is very cool too :eek:tt1:

I'll be showing you how to make snow in any map you want and how to make cities hunting maps and vice-versa

Here we go

Open your game.exe in OllyDbg then right click anyware in the CPU window > search for > All referenced text strings.

capital22 - [Guide] Making some little changes in your game.exe with Olly - RaGEZONE Forums

A window will show up with the ASCII string (Initial CPU selection) selected. Go up and right click anyone of the first values and click on search for text.

I'll be changing Ricarten town but you can change any map you like :):. As I want to change Ricarten I'll search for ricarten's map, which is village-2 and click on ok. The first ASCII string with "village-2" will be shown so i double click it and I'll see some offsets related to ricarten town. Note the two offsets in red.

capital22 - [Guide] Making some little changes in your game.exe with Olly - RaGEZONE Forums

The first offset tells the game if the map is hunt or city. The 100 in the end of MOV DWORD PTR DS:[773A10],100 means the map is a city. 200, 300, 400, 500 and so on means the map is a city. I haven't tested all the numbers but i know that if you put 500 the map will be dungeon style (with black background and permanent night) and 300 is normal maps.

The other value in red (MOV DWORD PTR DS:[773A14],EBP) is the value you will change to make it snow in ricarten. Just change the EBP to 23 and will snow. If you change it to 22 it the map will have meteors effect, like in iron1 when Babel spawns.

Hope you can understand this because I'm still having english classes :eek:tt1:. Comments, sugestions, complements, and grammar corrections are welcome :laugh:. If you think you need screenshots just say and I'll add some

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Making some little changes in your game.exe with Olly

Hmm. Fantastic. :D:

I'd heard that someone made it rain in Richarten... which kinda suits the place I think.

It did rain fireballs in Ric when they first introduced Babel, and he came and wiped everyone out in the town... High levels where hiding in Nav with their knees knocking together a damp patch down the front of their armour. :wink:

Your English is excellent. I know supposedly native English speakers here who do not write as well as you.

Yes, screen shots would make "the two offsets in red" stand out, since we don't all use the same colour set up. ^_^

Also, we have a sub-section for tutorial posts now, so they don't get lost in all the query and request posts. I'm sure some kind Moderator here can move this one for you though. :wink:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the post :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Added some images :laugh:

Thx for the comments

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i see it posted at MIB Forum. :D

It's a new guide for an old trick. It didn't claim to be anything else, and IMHO it's well written. So I still give it a two thumbs.:thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yea i read about it a MIB forum. I frequently go there, they are making progress with some things...

I tested it, found it worked, then I remade it, but translated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

is it able so save it in to your game.exe?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It's a little convoluted, but yes. You copy the changed area to the exe image in memory, then you save that image back to disk.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Yeah,i previosly posted that in a topic of development of the SpCute Files in MIB,after a other member post that at tutorial area without any credits,and now the topic is on ragezone.

Don't compare mib(pt section) with ragezone(pt section),the brazilian forum is better and have a lot of better content.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Anyone want to share a link to MIB? I've heard the opposite, that RZ forum members are more open than people on the Brazilian forum... but I don't really mind, and a good (read, human) translation is a good reason to cross post between sites IMHO.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

:)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Anyone want to share a link to MIB? I've heard the opposite, that RZ forum members are more open than people on the Brazilian forum... but I don't really mind, and a good (read, human) translation is a good reason to cross post between sites IMHO.

Yes,translate mib to another languages is very difficult because the most part of br's dont use correct language.

Cross post between sites is good,but the credits for the creator of the topic and archives is necessary

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ahh... I'd not heard Galera referred to as MIB before, they won't let me sign up. :( But then nor does UnderworldVN (SONNB as was). IDK why.

Yes, I'd heard that many BR posts are actually very bad Portuguese... I guess it's like 133t speak or LOL Cats. "I haz a tule 4 dat, but iz mine program. Joo kan no haz." Understandable if you are in the know, but utterly defeats auto-translators. :wink:

Yea, I'd rather see proper accreditation than just "I found it on a forum somewhere." but I'd rather have it, knowing there is a possibility that someone else will know the originator, than not see it at all.

At least Capital22 made no claim that it was his work.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score

this is SO usefull for us! really thanks
i wonder when the meteors will apear?because babel will not apear in ric so the meteor will apear always?only in the night?etc...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

There are a number of preciptation effects in the game client... Rain, Snow, Sandstorm, Meteor strike etc. Which number relates to which effect I couldn't say...

EBP is not a Hex value but a register for the extended base pointer, so setting to a static number instead of a register value overrides variable weather possibilities with a fixed weather type for the desired map.

There isn't always a sandstorm in Refuge, but it does happen, and makes tracking monsters much harder... or it used to, especially before they added "virtual fading" to improve performance on machines with less than 128Meg ram and less than 400Mhz processors. :(:

Why there isn't an option to disable that "feature" in this day and age where such systems are have mostly gone the way of the Dinosaurs I don't know.

Anyway, if you set Meteor, and I would think there would always be Meteors... but I could be wrong, there may still only be Meteors at Babel spawn times, which would be a nice warning for High Levels to get their butts out to Iron. ^_^

Imri Persiado
Reaction score

nice idea bobsbol that really nice
because i can set instead babel a boss babel there and a worning in ric with this meteors that really usefull thanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

nevermind problem solved delete this post plz

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

23 = Snow
22 = Meteor Shower
? = Rain

What # is rain? I've tried a lot of the numbers and couldn't find it.

Back