Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]PokeNet Server Setup

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's the client, what's the problem the files aren't down xD?!

Is the fixed client in there? Since that client wasn't working for me before, but i'll redownload it and try it again.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Error who can help?

Please can anybody help

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
please i am in need of help the mysql is on and when i try to register it apears on the server console butt it doesn't send the information to mysql the firewall is down and its conected because when i try to insert the data manualy and then try to register it says user registered help what am i doing wrong ?
ps:falo portugues

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'muted' in 'field list'
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:381)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1030)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:956)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3536)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3468)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1957)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2107)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2642)
at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1634)
at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1553)
at org.pokenet.server.network.MySqlManager.query(MySqlManager.java:118)
at org.pokenet.server.network.RegistrationManager.register(RegistrationManager.java:164)
at org.pokenet.server.network.RegistrationManager.run(RegistrationManager.java:222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.sql.SQLException: Illegal operation on empty result set.
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1055)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:956)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:926)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.checkRowPos(ResultSetImpl.java:841)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.getInt(ResultSetImpl.java:2653)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.getInt(ResultSetImpl.java:2794)
at org.pokenet.server.network.RegistrationManager.register(RegistrationManager.java:177)
at org.pokenet.server.network.RegistrationManager.run(RegistrationManager.java:222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Reaction score
Look at the first line, there is soemthign wrong with your database. Which sql file were you using? if the one that is linked from the tutorial itself, i beleive that one is wrong. You'll need the one that is from Default

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have manage it to work but is it normal then when i try to talk with npc it is just blank and when i go in grass it apears the batle scren but no enemy pokemon !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have manage it to work but is it normal then when i try to talk with npc it is just blank and when i go in grass it apears the batle scren but no enemy pokemon !

I have the same problem!
Who can help us?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, it only works fine with jre6 ?
What if I recompile using jdk7?
I want this application running fine in jre7 u9 !

Anyway, Im going to reprogram whatever it takes to run in jre7.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
sdajfls - [Guide]PokeNet Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums Everytime I try to register on the client, it either says "An Unknown error has occurred . So I end up closing it, and changing the password to the password I set for MySQL, but then it says "The account server is offline, please try again later". I have no idea what's wrong, I've been following all the steps, so maybe someone can clear this up for me. The screen shot is of me starting up the server, not sure if <Unknown Source> is a bad thing or not.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Well, you are asking us to set our mind backs 3months here, but if i remember slightly correctly that error is caused by:

1. Server is unable to connect to the database because of the dbServer
2. Server is unable to connect to the database because of an incorrect data input by user (username + pass on the settings)
3. You are using the damaged database where registering just does not want to work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There is a problem.
When you enter your login and password will show "loading"
in the game world does not go, just hanging loading and nothing happens.
Help solve the problem

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Question #1: I have the same problem as marvolo. I read all your posts in this thread, DeathLord17, and I didn't find you answering this question here. Neither i found any issue related with "loading". The client freezes when I enter username/password. It shows "Loading" but nothing else happens. I would like to stress that the database is empty. Shouldn't I create some user acoount there first? What exactly I have to fill to create an usable user accout? Just username and password in plain form in the table pn_members?

Question #2: What is the state of this game? I see the source code was last updated 3 years ago. Do you know about anybody who got this game running?

Problem #3: Server after startup shows this exception in errors.txt. I'm not sure if it is fatal:

Code:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:344)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:336)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:199)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
    at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketAcceptor.open(NioSocketAcceptor.java:251)
    at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketAcceptor.open(NioSocketAcceptor.java:48)
    at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.registerHandles(AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.java:523)
    at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.access$200(AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.java:65)
    at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoAcceptor$Acceptor.run(AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.java:407)
    at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:64)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Thanks guys. I'm going to read all posts in this thread to get better picture. Sory if I did ask some questions that have been already answered in this thread.

Question #4: Is here another thread solving PokeNet?

Reaction score
Question #1: I have the same problem as marvolo. I read all your posts in this thread, DeathLord17, and I didn't find you answering this question here. Neither i found any issue related with "loading". The client freezes when I enter username/password. It shows "Loading" but nothing else happens. I would like to stress that the database is empty. Shouldn't I create some user acoount there first? What exactly I have to fill to create an usable user accout? Just username and password in plain form in the table pn_members?

Question #2: What is the state of this game? I see the source code was last updated 3 years ago. Do you know about anybody who got this game running?

Problem #3: Server after startup shows this exception in errors.txt. I'm not sure if it is fatal:

Code:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:344)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:336)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:199)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
    at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketAcceptor.open(NioSocketAcceptor.java:251)
    at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketAcceptor.open(NioSocketAcceptor.java:48)
    at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.registerHandles(AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.java:523)
    at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.access$200(AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.java:65)
    at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoAcceptor$Acceptor.run(AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.java:407)
    at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:64)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Thanks guys. I'm going to read all posts in this thread to get better picture. Sory if I did ask some questions that have been already answered in this thread.

Question #4: Is here another thread solving PokeNet?

#1:
Are you using the latest database (i don' think this is linked to in the OP)
Java up to date?
correct permissions set for running (administrator)

#2:
This game is not 100% made, there are a few bugs like movement.

#3:
Something is using the same port as what you are trying to use.

#4:
There are about 2 other threads on people doing their stuff with it but there is a recoded version (I don't think this was fully completed)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
#1:
Are you using the latest database (i don' think this is linked to in the OP)
Java up to date?
correct permissions set for running (administrator)

#2:
This game is not 100% made, there are a few bugs like movement.

#3:
Something is using the same port as what you are trying to use.

#4:
There are about 2 other threads on people doing their stuff with it but there is a recoded version (I don't think this was fully completed)
#1: I tried newest MySQL server and server in OP with the same result. Newest JDK/JRE (7_21), I can connect to the db with navicat, so I think permissions are set correctly (I'm running XP).

#2: Ok, but three years? Nobody is fixing that? It's up to me? Aren't there any forks which fixes the bugs?

#3: I got that. I debugged it and the address was 0.0.0.0:7002, so I did't understand it - 0.0.0.0 is what? Shouldn't there be 127.0.0.1?

#4: I'll try to search.

Thanks for reply, though it didn't help much.

Reaction score
#3 yes the address should point to localhost ,and
#1 even if you can connect to database there is still an error in teh one posted originally ,there is one posted a few pages in on this thread that works.

Back