• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Guide/Release: Conquer Server (CoFuture) Using MySql

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it just me, or this loads and works faster than CoEmu? Thanks very much Future. Also, if anyone could help me with setting up CoAdmin for this, tell me :p (I started a thread too with this subject, post it there if you`ve got it :p)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
edit database.cs and rebuild the thing in visual C# 2005
Hell i had the same problems i tryed tryed tryed all acounts reinstalled changed everything but i dunno what to do
some one can help maybe ?
what be a honor to have some one who could help me..:sq_yellow

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Open "Server" folder then Open the "CoFuture" Project File then open Database.cs and press "ctrl+g" and go to line "39" change "Database Username" to your databases username then on line "40" change "Database Password" to your databases password" and then on line "44" change "Database Name" to "conquer_server" unless you changed the database name. then go to Build --> Build Solution (Solution should build successfully!)

wath is my Database Password and Database Username, i not know. =/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i found it now, problem is its grey'ed out. =|

edit: Nevermind, figured it out. Thanks ALOT =)

edit2: Server up and running, 1 last question. How do i find out the Skill/Spell ID's and how to get Weapon Prof?

how did u fix it? tell us!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how did u fix it? tell us!

Open up CoFuture Project file up first in your 'server' folder then when that is open , open up database.cs it shouldnt be greyed out no more...

Does Anybody Know where i can get the Qonquer client or a 4348 client that doesnt autopatch ? Qonquer site is seemed to be buged :\ with that notice thingamajig

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have search for

QO Client 4348

but i cant find it any where :(

*EDIT*

could you use this with a different version of the client or does it have ot be 4348

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow. All of these people who cannot help themselves... You all need to learn to do things on your own instead of "omg omg how do this how do that"

Do you have it done? I don't think so.

You guys crack me up...

8 out of 10 threads on this forum have nicely packaged server files that are "Turn-Key" server packages that you just configure a database and a web server, and run it. To tell people that have been reading this forum and playing with these other servers that they need to "Learn how to do it their self" is just ridiculous. This web site's whole purpose is for the sharing of knowledge.

To abandon these people and act like someone that is "Holier than thou" on here is laughable. What is going to happen is... they will get discouraged and go play with another game server file package. The result of that: Conquer server development does not advance, and this thread remains dead like it is now.

The Conquer server project has remained an "I'm not sharing my progress" section for as long as I can remember, from the creation of Qonquer and the release of the lousy "sandbox version of server files that are circulating now.

My guess is that if any of you knew how to code these spawns in, you would have done so a long time ago and released it. So if you say "do it yourself" maybe you should practice what you preach.

Having said that, I will say that I have no idea how to code these, and have no desire to spend hundreds of hours getting proficient in C++ and coding them. So I will go back to one of the 80 percent of other threads on this website that actually know how to code spawns for the type of server they are developing, and where they actually share their knowledge. Shame on those of you who have it and are not sharing.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Do you have it done? I don't think so.

You guys crack me up...

8 out of 10 threads on this forum have nicely packaged server files that are "Turn-Key" server packages that you just configure a database and a web server, and run it. To tell people that have been reading this forum and playing with these other servers that they need to "Learn how to do it their self" is just ridiculous. This web site's whole purpose is for the sharing of knowledge.

To abandon these people and act like someone that is "Holier than thou" on here is laughable. What is going to happen is... they will get discouraged and go play with another game server file package. The result of that: Conquer server development does not advance, and this thread remains dead like it is now.

The Conquer server project has remained an "I'm not sharing my progress" section for as long as I can remember, from the creation of Qonquer and the release of the lousy "sandbox version of server files that are circulating now.

My guess is that if any of you knew how to code these spawns in, you would have done so a long time ago and released it. So if you say "do it yourself" maybe you should practice what you preach.

Having said that, I will say that I have no idea how to code these, and have no desire to spend hundreds of hours getting proficient in C++ and coding them. So I will go back to one of the 80 percent of other threads on this website that actually know how to code spawns for the type of server they are developing, and where they actually share their knowledge. Shame on those of you who have it and are not sharing.

I'm not going to keep posting these. Do your research before you say someone else can't do something. My server prior to my rewrite had every spawn in place and working for every npc and monster in game.

http://www.helbreathx.net/images/10653285.jpg
http://www.helbreathx.net/images/11682449.jpg
http://www.helbreathx.net/images/117156490.jpg
http://www.helbreathx.net/images/1676188861.jpg
http://www.helbreathx.net/images/1677453589.jpg
http://www.helbreathx.net/images/59534599.jpg
http://www.helbreathx.net/images/59551997.jpg
http://www.helbreathx.net/images/59573003.jpg
http://www.helbreathx.net/images/92201993.jpg

As for sharing knowledge, those that deserve, get. Insulting one of the few people that try to help others isn't very smart when you yourself will be one of the ones whining for help in the future when you add an extra } somewhere and don't know what to do.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I never said you specifically didn't know how to do anything. In fact, my whole point was that those who do know how... want people to not ask for things, and when they do, they are made fun of and treated like crap.

The people that don't know how to do it are here too... putting people down when they ask for things because they can't answer the question that the noob has, and they want to raise their post count.

I wasn't trying to single you out, but you are the first type. You say you have everything worked out... Why not help people instead of insulting them? My position remains the same... People just need to be nicer here. If there is completed files, why not post them? Why make people do it them selves when someone has already done the work? Why reinvent the wheel?

I remember when you started your project, and I offered to host your server on my dedicated host. The project died cause you were in school and had finals or something and now you say it went to re-write for whatever reason, and I applaud your efforts, but the fact remains that every time someone asks for something in this thread, they are shot down and called a noob, or told to do it them selves.

All I am saying is, be nice, and share. If you need a public apology from me for seeming like I said you don't know anything then fine you deserver that... I am sorry for making it seem like you didn't know anything. You are usually one of the knowledgeable ones in this thread and again I did not mean to single you out and say you don't know anything.

All I am saying is someone be unselfish and treat this thread like all the other game devs on this site and SHARE and don't put people down when they ask for things.

The ones that are not serious about running a server will be gone in a month anyhow, and it won't matter.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I never said you specifically didn't know how to do anything. In fact, my whole point was that those who do know how... want people to not ask for things, and when they do, they are made fun of and treated like crap.

The people that don't know how to do it are here too... putting people down when they ask for things because they can't answer the question that the noob has, and they want to raise their post count.

I wasn't trying to single you out, but you are the first type. You say you have everything worked out... Why not help people instead of insulting them? My position remains the same... People just need to be nicer here. If there is completed files, why not post them? Why make people do it them selves when someone has already done the work? Why reinvent the wheel?

I remember when you started your project, and I offered to host your server on my dedicated host. The project died cause you were in school and had finals or something and now you say it went to re-write for whatever reason, and I applaud your efforts, but the fact remains that every time someone asks for something in this thread, they are shot down and called a noob, or told to do it them selves.

All I am saying is, be nice, and share. If you need a public apology from me for seeming like I said you don't know anything then fine you deserver that... I am sorry for making it seem like you didn't know anything. You are usually one of the knowledgeable ones in this thread and again I did not mean to single you out and say you don't know anything.

All I am saying is someone be unselfish and treat this thread like all the other game devs on this site and SHARE and don't put people down when they ask for things.

The ones that are not serious about running a server will be gone in a month anyhow, and it won't matter.
Why not help them? You explain why in your last sentence. Those not willing to look for themselves are not serious about running a server. Why help them put a server up that will be gone in a month? I don't have unlimited time to spend helping people put a server up that will last a week or two. I've learned not to from the last game I developed private servers for. It's not worth your time to spend 5 hours helping a guy put it up to learn the next week it went down or got hacked or something and it's done with.

Here's how it works. If you're intelligent enough, you will try to find the answer yourself. If you can't find the answer, you surely won't go making a post that say "halp mi plis mi need bug ficks". Certainly that kind of person doesn't really need our help. That kind of post is being far too general meaning he probably doesn't even know the problem meaning he didn't take the time to study what's in front of him meaning he doesn't give half a poop and just wants it up for a few days until he learns he can't handle the responsibility of running a server. Those who approach me personally with an intelligent question or even a stupid question worded intelligently will get a fair response out of me. I help people all the time.. I just will not help people who cannot even form a sentence or are begging for someone else to do their work.

As for doing it themselves, they need to. The majority of the "problems" ever posted are issues solved in another topic and many have detailed explanations on how to fix or add something etc. These kind of people just don't bother to look and so are ignored or told off.

On the topic of sharing, I've shared loads. Some of my sharings might not be for the general public, but I do share a lot. A lot more than most think. I've even been personally helping people over msn with issues they have or things they are working on.

In the end, remember this. Do you really want 342985839 br servers? I say BR because that was the group of people from my last game that'd host a server for 3 people and then go around to all the forums and spam the hell out of everything.. and even in game on other servers for it to go down the next week. That's one thing that killed the game. poop server after server went up and desensitized people from achievements because they were like x28348 rate servers that just ruined the gameplay. Now people won't play normal rate servers or even up to x10 rate servers because they want at least x30 rates. I foresee that happening here if the average joe_BR can put up a server at the click of a button. That's partly why I stopped releasing my emu to the public.

Now.. review the first few posts that I was commenting on.

Do they really sound like they should be helped?

what my username??? what username use in database??/ pls help me thx man
retarded?

pls help me!
General help request. Picture of server crash message and he's simply saying "HALP PLIS FICKS"

what my username ..... what look my username? pls help
The hell does he mean "what my username"

What change normal player for GM PLAYER??
There were info on the commands and how to make GMs in a txt in the archive or something I believe.

What change PLAYER NORMAL FOR GM PLAYER??? thx
above^

It's work?) I don't test it.
He's asking if it's working yet never took the time to try it himself?

yes work xD pls help me change player normal for GM player

flag 1 = Login
Flag 2 = normal player
flag 3 = BAN

waht flag to GM?
3rd time's a charm? He's asked it 3 times without giving time for someone to answer.

Do tell me why they should have been helped. That was bound to be a 1 day server until he found out he had a router and can't host xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My apoligies bud... I see where you are coming from. I should have looked at the posts you were replying to.

I think my frustrations are misdirected here. I have been running a Rose Online server for ages, and you are right about the rates. I started mine at 5 exp 10 drop and 50 Zuly (Zuly is the money) and people threw a fit and I only had 5 signups in the first 3 days.

I changed the rates to 50X and there was more complaining. The rates went up to 200 and people were happy until they got to max level and there was no content left in the game, and their level was higher than their gear because they were too lazy to go hunt for items. The server lasted about 8 months with over 6000 members signed up.

People would cycle through, leveling to the max level and then playing for about a week more, then quitting.

I am frustrated because there is no interest for the regular or even double rates servers here OTHER THAN Conquer, and yet there is not a server package for it.

As much as I try to learn C++, It escapes me LOL. I just can't sit down and code for hours.

Anyhow, hopefully someone will make headway on one of these projects and work out the memory per clients problem, and release a stable server. It's been forever.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
lol....neither me or future use this source any more or even anything like it, which is why it was released (As far as i know, since i found out from vsa about the release :p)

so to be fair, neither of us are competing against this source, and to be frank, its poopie, it barely works, yeah its a significant improvement on coemu's source, and on the coeu source <--- even tho that wasnt ever released just trust me its an improvement, the fact is its out dated, and has looooooooooads of bugs, so anyone serious about making a server should only ever use this as an example, and should do a complete rewrite of the server

to be honest...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The fact is anyone serious about making a server, won't be releasing it. Look at it like this, if you wanted to keep developing your server and you were and you released it. Would you honestly want to compete with 49893892 servers using the SAME code as you are? Really, no. It just ends up with a bunch of retards asking questions about the code. This is why, somebody should post a nice guide about socket programming in C#, and or C++, and if people can't figure out how to make their own server from that alone, they don't deserve to actually be apart of the community as they wont contribute.

lol. I'm making a socket wrapper in C++ for private use. Those who can show me true genuine interest and motive to make something that requires it would get it. It'll handle server-based and client-based connections and would function in a proxy and server based environment.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess anything worth having is worth putting in the work. If I had any idea how to do any of that, I would help.

Maybe you can answer a question for me... Why is it that huge games like WoW, L2, Mu Online have huge progress and working server emulators, and there is just not as much done on the Conquer Emu? I know you say that people keep their work private, and they would never release it blah blah blah, but I have seen people say this about the other servers too, and it always gets released sooner or later.

I am mainly wondering if there is something about the way this particular game sends and receives data, or the way the client is written, that makes it harder to emulate the server?

I see emulator projects like Ascent that have millions of in-game items, where conquer only has hundreds of items to worry about, and Hundreds of thousands of spawns to worry about, where Conquer only has thousands to worry about.

I know I am a bit ignorant about these things, but I am willing to admit it. Is there something I am missing about why this particular emulator is so much harder to code? Ascent went from dev to release in half the time that CO is taking just to get to anything close to a functioning sandbox version.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
More interest in a WoW emulator. WoW is p2p and therefore a private server is in more demand while CO is f2p and anyone can just play it.
Supply and demand. There is little demand for a CO PS while great demand for a WoW PS.

WoW attracts tons of pro devs while CO does not.

Also remember that most of these CO Teams are coding with around 1-2 people max while the other games have like 5-10+ coders.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
More interest in a WoW emulator. WoW is p2p and therefore a private server is in more demand while CO is f2p and anyone can just play it.
Supply and demand. There is little demand for a CO PS while great demand for a WoW PS.

WoW attracts tons of pro devs while CO does not.

Also remember that most of these CO Teams are coding with around 1-2 people max while the other games have like 5-10+ coders.

All of which will almost certainly have years more experience than most people working on Co Emu's and some of which are even hired to complete some of the work :sweatdrop

Back