Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Skills: Change Req Weapons & Right/Left hand skills.

Reaction score
[Guide] Skills: Change Req Weapons & Right/Left click skills.

Not sure if I should have posted this as a new thread or necro bumped a 2 year old thread. (This one: http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide-make-skills-left-clickable-410412/)

As that thread was very useful had a bit of info, but I had to figure out a lot of it by myself. So I felt I should write a new one for the complete novices.

To add/change weapons to a skill first open up your client exe in your favourite hex editor.

Search for the skill name.

Now scroll down to the next skill name, click on the first letter then count 22 offsets back, this is the beginning of the 8th possible weapon you can have on a skill, count 4 offsets back you have weapon 7 placement, etc etc until you reach the first skill placement, that should be a total of 50 offsets back from the beginning of the next skill name.

List of possible entries and their meaning
Weapons for Skills
01 01 = Axe
02 01 = Claw
03 01 = Hammer
04 01 = Wand
05 01 = Scythe
06 01 = Bow
07 01 = Sword
08 01 = Javelin
04 02 = Shield

Now to change the skill to be activate by left/right mouse click, same thing as above, but count 9 offsets back from the beginning of the next skills name.

Here is a list of possible entries and their meaning
Left/Right Mouse Click
00 = None
01 = Right Click Only
02 = Left Click Only
03 = Right and Left Click

Included a picture below, because who doesn't like pictures!

SunnyZ - [Guide] Skills: Change Req Weapons & Right/Left hand skills. - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think you did exactly the correct thing. Make a new thread and credit the originating author(s) with a link for reference. This is what any academic would (should) do and is, IMHO, "good practice".

I was confused by the term "handed" though. It won't allow me to put an axe in the characters left hand, or make him switch is axe and shield to perform the skill. I prefer DKs term "left or right clickable" despite the lack of a valid word "clickable", I suspect it is a generally recognised term. :lol:

Reaction score
Oh yeah bobsobol, totally understand what you're saying.

I wrote this at like 2am when someone asked me how to do it, then posted later. Left/right mouse click does make more sense, no one has two mouses (mice?) and uses left and right hands to click the buttons individually, that's just stupid.

But then again, some people are just weird :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Off topic:-
Windows is actually very bad with multiple pointing devices. I usually have 2 pointing devices connected and sometimes connect a third. Specifically, I have my track-ball which generally means I don't need one of those nasty "mouse" things, and a Graphics tablet for handwriting recognition, drawing etc. But when I connect to my machine remotely, the remote connection will extend whatever pointing device I'm using there as well.

Each new pointing device you attach to Windows fights for control of the same pointer. :(:

I had many programs for my old Amiga which would gladly use 2 mice, and one which would like you to have 4. Common use was two player mouse driven games, PvP Stratagy Sims mostly, but I had an awesome motor-bike racing game where the mouse allowed you to lean into corners. ("No Second Prize", FYI) You could easily operate a game by two mice and one user, one to move and one to operate the UI for example. A driving game, where one is your wheel throttle and break and the other is your head movement. Not a problem.

On Windows, I don't even think there is a way to enumerate individual pointing devices from DriectX.

On the Amiga desktop, you could get a new pointer for each "mouse" (or other pointing device) attached.

Back