• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

GunZ Remade [ PROJECT ]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone On Ragezone , Developers , Coders , and even regular players .

Intro
As many of you know , GunZ is dying . Its not doing so well anymore . Not as many players , or anything as what to it was before.
But there is also many changes to GunZ now . If you have been paying attention to GunZ , you've seen in the Development section people have been trying to remake GunZ , but have failed or quit . Im really trying to get together a group of developers . I think this would be amazing and would be really fun to do . To learn more about GunZ if you don't know that much and to maybe remake GunZ .
It would be almost be a new game on the same engine . I know what your thinking right now , " The Engine sucks , use a different Engine " . I know that's true . It would be much more possible to do more on a new engine . But this engine has nostalgia in it . It is what we all have been used to for years.

What I want to change
I was thinking maybe we could introduce completely new controls into GunZ .
Kind of like MID - AIR combat , or something along the lines of that . If you are in air and you dash you fall a little bit more slowly . Or if you do a certain move combo you move a different speed than normally . Maybe something new for people to master again in GunZ . And obviously include balance . Balanced weapons , Clothes , and everything else . No donator OP . No possible way of getting OP .
But still have a sort of way to encourage you to level up . We will think about it when the time comes .

So whats going to happen ?
I myself would be really dedicated to this project and if anyone else is dedicated to it like I am please message / add me on Skype .
I can get a group chat going , and by today setup a test website . We can start on a client and I Will start editing the source asap .
If you have any skill in GunZ , let me know . Or if you have any interest in GunZ , let me know . You could be a BETA tester for this project . Thanks for reading this far if you have . It means a lot to me . Hopefully we can bring GunZ back to life .

Contact
My Skype : corruptsniperxx
Thanks everyone ,
GunZ Coder .​

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That sounds great man.
Wish I could help, but I only know basic C++ and intel syntax Assembly :/

Good Luck :thumbup1:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That sounds great man.
Wish I could help, but I only know basic C++ and intel syntax Assembly :/

Good Luck :thumbup1:

If you want to help im sure you could . Theres room for anybody who has any skill at all .
Add me on Skype ? My Skype name is in the main post.

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, here's my point of view (I believe I wrote something similar before, but oh well, I'll take any excuse to take a break from studying):

You're right about GunZ dying and people not being able to create something out of it and there's most likely a high potential on a classic GunZ server. However, you have to keep in mind that there's barely people playing GunZ anymore. The people who still play GunZ are mostly looking for nostalgia, quitting as soon as they get bored (mostly in less than an hour). Creating a server won't get people to join because the oldgens don't play much often and the newgens are actually out on destroying the game with overpowered weapons and such. That's the only reason servers do well these days, because they have plenty of overpowered stuff they sell for incredibly high prices.

Classic GunZ servers don't have a chance to last unless there's a name attached to it that rings plenty of bells (not limited to LG, Trinity, etc.). And even then it's tricky because it's been years and years since they've been in business. People who used to play or develop GunZ in the past (including myself) have moved on years ago and have lost interest in ever touching it again.

Long story short: people who used to play it would probably enjoy classic GunZ but won't bother joining because they moved on. People currently playing GunZ are all less than 14 years old, meaning they all want big swords (overcompensation for certain things) and big weapons that do the most damage so they can 2-shot others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Lib

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In all seriousness, here's my point of view (I believe I wrote something similar before, but oh well, I'll take any excuse to take a break from studying):

You're right about GunZ dying and people not being able to create something out of it and there's most likely a high potential on a classic GunZ server. However, you have to keep in mind that there's barely people playing GunZ anymore. The people who still play GunZ are mostly looking for nostalgia, quitting as soon as they get bored (mostly in less than an hour). Creating a server won't get people to join because the oldgens don't play much often and the newgens are actually out on destroying the game with overpowered weapons and such. That's the only reason servers do well these days, because they have plenty of overpowered stuff they sell for incredibly high prices.

Classic GunZ servers don't have a chance to last unless there's a name attached to it that rings plenty of bells (not limited to LG, Trinity, etc.). And even then it's tricky because it's been years and years since they've been in business. People who used to play or develop GunZ in the past (including myself) have moved on years ago and have lost interest in ever touching it again.

Long story short: people who used to play it would probably enjoy classic GunZ but won't bother joining because they moved on. People currently playing GunZ are all less than 14 years old, meaning they all want big swords (overcompensation for certain things) and big weapons that do the most damage so they can 2-shot others.
in a fact you are true, but there are still a decent player base that love classic gaming style. This project can succeed but it was lots easier if it was in 2011 when the source was leaked.

Now people got feelings of a modified game play. So the new generation can choose between them. For sure they choose a modified game play.
so you have to offer more than only a classic gameplay.
i hope to see this project will be a success, but it has a less chance that it will.

Cheers,
HeroBanana (AbbyGunz Developer)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
in a fact you are true, but there are still a decent player base that love classic gaming style. This project can succeed but it was lots easier if it was in 2011 when the source was leaked.

Now people got feelings of a modified game play. So the new generation can choose between them. For sure they choose a modified game play.
so you have to offer more than only a classic gameplay.
i hope to see this project will be a success, but it has a less chance that it will.

Cheers,
HeroBanana (AbbyGunz Developer)

Yes , I feel what you are saying and I know how hard it will be to drag in players . I like to always look at the bright side of things and I will say even if the server fails then I will learn something from coding . Good luck with your server and with your infection mode . I must say the animations are awesome ;)

Thanks for replying to this , as this was something I was looking for . I was trying to make a , lets say , more of a gladiator person type server . Most gladiators like balance yes ? So I would try to make it as even as possible . Make a rusty sword only roomtag or something like that , something never introduced . I think that most hardcore glads HAVE left the GunZ community , and even if they havnt they are rather " cocky " nowadays . Maybe I could try to draw in a younger playerbase at first then include stuff for old players ? Im just trying to find the best outcome of what I Could do . Thanks a lot for typing that because it helps me in more ways than you know . Thanks a lot :) .

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sounds like a great plan. Good luck :3still...Gunz would looks prettier on an Unreal engine. xDIm getting a little tired of having to stay low poly when I make a map.maybe there is a possibility to higher the polygon limit from 25k to 50k or remove it completely?Right now a high polygon map results in a black screen.I presume removing the limit will make gunz unplayable on low end computers though.every good thing has a downside.....

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
nope, not going to work, gunz is dead. leave it alone. or enjoy what it is. dont put so much effort in, it will only cause dissapointment.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Interesting concept. I would like to see this happen but it will all depend on the people around who are willing to help. Honestly, I do not see that happening as you said, GunZ is practically dead. I myself would love to contribute, but cant with my busy schedule. I came back originally just to see what was happening with the GunZ community as the official servers were now down. But its great to see people still trying to give new life into GunZ. I hope for the best in your effort to make a new, revised GunZ.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I can see you will quit that project too, soon. Why I say that ?

Well you are trying to make a team without moving any step with your project.. people won't try to help you if you don't do this.

That is from my experience, so don't take it hard.. Goodluck if you find someone or change your idea.

Upvote 0
Back