• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

H2Admin - The standalone Housekeeping solution (PHP7, CakePHP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just a little offtopic here and ontopic in same time.
Why using PHP 7? Is unstable, under development, and less than 1% of the community use it. 70%+ of the web hosts uses PHP 5.3/5.4.. And most of people that uses local web servers, uses old version of XAMPP with PHP 5.3 or 5.4...

So i don't see that putting in on with PHP 7 is a great idea.

An example: if people try use this HK with Lavvos, voila, really will give a big problem.
Observation.: Lavvos sucks.

Agaunnn, good luck.

For the 19th time, CakePHP is confirmed to work on PHP 5.4 and higher, all the way up to PHP 7. PHP 7 is stable, stop talking nonsense. The only reason I am developing in a PHP 7 environment is because that's what I had installed at the time I decided to make this project. I assure you as well, most web hosts are using PHP 5.6. Also most people don't use older versions of XAMPP either, they go to the XAMPP web page and just click the download button and basically ignore the version.

I also have literally no idea what Lavvos is, neither does Google.

Last edited:
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For the 19th time, CakePHP is confirmed to work on PHP 5.4 and higher, all the way up to PHP 7. PHP 7 is stable, stop talking nonsense. The only reason I am developing in a PHP 7 environment is because that's what I had installed at the time I decided to make this project. I assure you as well, most web hosts are using PHP 5.6. Also most people don't use older versions of XAMPP either, they go to the XAMPP web page and just click the download button and basically ignoring the version.

I also have literally no idea what Lavvos is, neither does Google.

So.. Lavvos:
Second.. If you say is more stable, good luck. That's isn't what the PHP Community are saying. Also maritnmine thinks the same. Also a lot of php developers think the same.

Basically the Zend engine was restructured. Since php is programmed in C++, we have a big memory leak point here.

I like your project. You don't need be rude and say "of the 9999 time".

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So.. Lavvos:
Second.. If you say is more stable, good luck. That's isn't what the PHP Community are saying. Also @maritnmine thinks the same. Also a lot of php developers think the same.

Basically the Zend engine was restructured. Since php is programmed in C++, we have a big memory leak point here.

I like your project. You don't need be rude and say "of the 9999 time".

I never said it was MORE stable I simply said it was stable. I wasn't being rude it's just I've been asked "Why PHP7?" "Why CakePHP?" like twenty-odd times now and to be honest it's getting rather tiring answering them when people are just too lazy to do the research and/or understand things.

Marit dislikes PHP in general, regardless of the version.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I never said it was MORE stable I simply said it was stable. I wasn't being rude it's just I've been asked "Why PHP7?" "Why CakePHP?" like twenty-odd times now and to be honest it's getting rather tiring answering them when people are just too lazy to do the research and/or understand things.

Marit dislikes PHP in general, regardless of the version.

I agree haha, Marit dislikes php u.u

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Information
I'm going to be leaving the user editing to the image below, I'll more than likely release a few small patches for issues (if found) with the development build which will also incorporate more additions to user editing. Along with other core feature updates.

Added
Added an update checker which will check an external GitHub file and compare with version in the config.
Added missing </div> tag on Members page.

Fixed
Fixed HTTPS on avatar generators since I forgot to put HTTPS on them, silly of me.
Fixed flash message when editing a user.
Fixed editing a users information.
Fixed typo on flash message on Command Logs search.

Images

NoBrain - H2Admin - The standalone Housekeeping solution (PHP7, CakePHP) - RaGEZONE Forums

NoBrain - H2Admin - The standalone Housekeeping solution (PHP7, CakePHP) - RaGEZONE Forums

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Information
Everything is on track for a release tomorrow, only have to fix the ban handling and clean up my mess.

Added
Added exception handling to Member editing.
Added update notice to Dashboard if your Authake group name is "Administrators". Still need to adjust this.
Added another update notice next to the version in the footer.

Fixed
Fixed error when modifying users.
Fixed error showing when duplicate entry error occurred.
Fixed an issue with permissions on the "Moderators" group.
Fixed ordering on Authake permissions.
Fixed text styling on Member pages.
Fixed an issue with drop-down of strict settings on the Filtering page.
Fixed deletion issue on Filtering page.
Fixed badge display issue on viewing Ranks page.

Images

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Information
Development Build releases in about an hour. I'm going to be disabling the Ban a User feature and releasing a patch within the following hours since I need to do more work on it. You will see a lot of stuff commented out within the code, once the repository goes public, this is due to me still working on those features.

Added
Added new "Logs" drop down on the navigation.
Added Trade Log page.
Added Name Change Log page.

Fixed
Fixed Ban a User feature. Needs a lot more work.
Fixed deleting a word on Filtering Lists.
Fixed Tickets page data display.

Images

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Information
Development Build releases in about an hour. I'm going to be disabling the Ban a User feature and releasing a patch within the following hours since I need to do more work on it. You will see a lot of stuff commented out within the code, once the repository goes public, this is due to me still working on those features.

Added
Added new "Logs" drop down on the navigation.
Added Trade Log page.
Added Name Change Log page.

Fixed
Fixed Ban a User feature. Needs a lot more work.
Fixed deleting a word on Filtering Lists.
Fixed Tickets page data display.

Images

Looks awesome! Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back