• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

H2Admin - The standalone Housekeeping solution (PHP7, CakePHP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For me the best framework is which one you creates. You have the entirely control about the code. And don't have unnecessary libraries. Only what you want.

But in the Frameworks the two ones that i like is Yii and FalconPHP.
FalconPHP is the fastest PHP Framework.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It looks so really nice so far!
Request: A avatar image on the users search page and registred users?

Reaction score
Sounds cool. Panel is very clunky and doesn't feel right for a retro. Probably just me though.

Also, what's with CakePHP? A housekeeping, even with intricate features, doesn't really need a framework behind it. A class or two, maybe.

Reaction score
Sounds cool. Panel is very clunky and doesn't feel right for a retro. Probably just me though.

Also, what's with CakePHP? A housekeeping, even with intricate features, doesn't really need a framework behind it. A class or two, maybe.
What's with emulators using frameworks.

In all reality though,
He uses Cake because he's familiar with it in a professional environment and all in all frameworks are used to build faster and more scalable projects without needing to worry about the compatibility or possible exploitation while building. Fast and easy development, it's just a retro and code cleanliness also comes in handy. Something, Illumina missed out on.

Reaction score
What's with emulators using frameworks.

In all reality though,
He uses Cake because he's familiar with it in a professional environment and all in all frameworks are used to build faster and more scalable projects without needing to worry about the compatibility or possible exploitation while building. Fast and easy development, it's just a retro and code cleanliness also comes in handy. Something, Illumina missed out on.

I'm sorry you feel the need to use anything other than your own code to build a working project.

Reaction score
I'm sorry you feel the need to use anything other than your own code to build a working project.
True shame, remind me, what languages have you worked with lately and projects that haven't been utter poop? I say this because, if you were to learn from frameworks that provide an actual structure to help you keep code clean - maybe it would benefit the horrible write-ups you do.

Example: IlluminaCMS with it's horrible implementations and duck, is this, RainTPL? Why didn't you write your template engine, it's not hard. I also can't recall your "from scratch" emulator going anywhere - seems the only time you do something its based on work already available.

Anyways, with your mindset have fun getting a job instead of showing your penis on tinychat for eleven year olds.

Back on topic, any updates?

Reaction score
True shame, remind me, what languages have you worked with lately and projects that haven't been utter poop? I say this because, if you were to learn from frameworks that provide an actual structure to help you keep code clean - maybe it would benefit the horrible write-ups you do.

Example: IlluminaCMS with it's horrible implementations and duck, is this, RainTPL? Why didn't you write your template engine, it's not hard. I also can't recall your "from scratch" emulator going anywhere - seems the only time you do something its based on work already available.

That CMS was coded like 4 or 5 years ago, haha, so yeah it's not very good and I was still learning. My from scratch Emulator was not completed, for good reasons of which you can find if you want, but it does seem like you enjoy playing the big man who pulls literal poop out of his butt to make himself feel good (?) so I'll let you make that decision for yourself.

Anyways, with your mindset have fun getting a job instead of showing your penis on tinychat for eleven year olds.

When has anyone you know actually done that? Because if I knew someone doing that, I'd be notifying authorities, not speaking about it on an online forum in an attempt to slander someone.

But hey, you're 16, fat, probably don't get out much, have next to no experience with running large websites, maintaining tens of thousands of lines of code for large web and server projects, so I'll let your unmerited comments pass and pretend it's just puberty making you act like a Special person instead of an intelligent person.

Reaction score
That CMS was coded like 4 or 5 years ago, haha, so yeah it's not very good and I was still learning. My from scratch Emulator was not completed, for good reasons of which you can find if you want, but it does seem like you enjoy playing the big man who pulls literal poop out of his butt to make himself feel good (?) so I'll let you make that decision for yourself.

When has anyone you know actually done that? Because if I knew someone doing that, I'd be notifying authorities, not speaking about it on an online forum in an attempt to slander someone.

But hey, you're 16, fat, probably don't get out much, have next to no experience with running large websites, maintaining tens of thousands of lines of code for large web and server projects, so I'll let your unmerited comments pass and pretend it's just puberty making you act like a Special person instead of an intelligent person.

Based on the current status of your own website you been trying to regain users on for yearssssss - I'd have to say the same thing towards you. And check back into yourself a few years back, doing drugs showing you penis off to people and begging little kids to send nudes. Regular ol Jonty,

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry about not giving updates for a while, been rather busy. The entirety of today will be dedicated to this project.

---

Updates:
-Added figure head to Member listings. Screenshot below.
-Begun work on member editing, shouldn't take too long.
-Begun work on a member view page specifically for viewing information and creating notes. Input boxes will be disabled.
-Updated a couple of the permissions within the Authake admin panel.

That's it, only been awake for about 30 minutes so bare with me for now. I'm also considering allowing staff to create "Notes" against a user so they can note down information about specific users, for future reference.

Image(s):

NoBrain - H2Admin - The standalone Housekeeping solution (PHP7, CakePHP) - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Feature requests:

- Clone check page, where you can enter a username and it checks if the registered IP has more then 2 accounts or something.

- Alerting only 1 user via a username and sending hotelalert with a link (hal command)

Great development so far!

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Feature requests:

- Clone check page, where you can enter a username and it checks if the registered IP has more then 2 accounts or something.

- Alerting only 1 user via a username and sending hotelalert with a link (hal command)

Great development so far!

I was already planning on including a collapsible on the viewing information of a user page which shows all accounts linked to that IP address. Thanks though :)

Thanks for the kind words as well!

Updates:
-Filtering a Word works completely.
-To add a word to the filtering list a modal pops up asking you for information. (Not entirely sure what the table means by strict, lol)
-Just been cleaning up some HTML.

NoBrain - H2Admin - The standalone Housekeeping solution (PHP7, CakePHP) - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Interesting, I was thinking about poking at a CMS using a framework since I just learned a bit about Cake a couple weeks ago. Two questions, and bear with me as this is my first post so not really sure if this is kosher:

1. Any reason you chose Cake other than your own experience being mostly in it? I feel like Laravel / Symfony are huge right now.
2. Would you consider putting the project on github? Even private, I don't think I'm experienced enough to offer a big enough helping hand to you guys, but maybe I could poke at the code a little bit for my own personal experience and maybe help out.

edit: just saw someone else mentioned git, but I'll just +1 that then

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I was thinking about poking at a CMS using a framework since I just learned a bit about Cake a couple weeks ago. Two questions, and bear with me as this is my first post so not really sure if this is kosher:

1. Any reason you chose Cake other than your own experience being mostly in it? I feel like Laravel / Symfony are huge right now.
2. Would you consider putting the project on github? Even private, I don't think I'm experienced enough to offer a big enough helping hand to you guys, but maybe I could poke at the code a little bit for my own personal experience and maybe help out.

edit: just saw someone else mentioned git, but I'll just +1 that then

1. Honestly I mostly picked it because we use it at my job and I found myself take to it very quickly, I've tried using other frameworks in the past and I just didn't take to them as quickly as I did with CakePHP. I also wanted to use the term "I'm baking a cake". :)

2. It's in a private repository that is planned to go public soon due to so many people requesting it.

Maybe a stupid question but is there a git for this?

I'd like to snif arround! :)

It's on BitBucket, it will go public soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back