• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Official Habbo 4th April Announcement [FOLLOW LIVE]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Tomorrow Sulake will announce supposedly a big update for their game. It's been a few weeks they made us spotting the date "04.04.14" all over graphics for telling us there's something huge that will happen.

Sources indicates a client (web or .exe) that can change his own Habbo version.
Code:
connection.login.environment.choose = Select your hotel version: %clientVersion%
disconnected.incompatible_client_version = Old version. Please update!

There's also rumors about more web technologies involved to make old features available again such as the traxmachine or the camera (source: mangetoica.com)

They launched a YouTube live for the event, you can watch it below:

So what do you feel about this?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
probs another habbo fuckup, congrats sulake!

Bow

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think they're going to allow users to select if they want v26, r63, r63B.. not sure though.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Probably a graphics setting, like most games have like low graphics and high graphics but in this case it'll be older versions of habbo.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why? This doesn't make sense. They need to add all new features in the old way.

Reaction score
Badges have the description:

Something wicked this way comes..

Which might be related to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Wicked_This_Way_Comes_(novel)

In the novel there is a caroussel which rides backwards, with backwards music and if you step off, you've been getting younger.

So yeah, there is probably something coming that is releated to the versions of habbo.

Maybe they're gonna setup v1, v18, R32? Who knows, we'll see tomorrow :p:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/FRjnt6eyJ7Q?t=11s

Watch the "April Fools" video from 11 seconds. If you notice on that screen when they have the man selecting the room the navigation looks different, maybe this was actually a teaser??

mtwjVWs - Habbo 4th April Announcement [FOLLOW LIVE] - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The colors of the "H" are the same of Apple logo and there's a macbook..

Emetophobic - Habbo 4th April Announcement [FOLLOW LIVE] - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why? This doesn't make sense. They need to add all new features in the old way.

Users might be aware that going backwards on hotel version actually limit the client features, it's common sense. It might be a compatibility settings on rooms to actually accept some versions (due to features not being available on all versions). Also it might be the reason why there's a disconnection code from client being too old for the room

Code:
disconnected.incompatible_client_version = Old version. Please update!

Reactions: Bow
I would wait for the moon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/FRjnt6eyJ7Q?t=11s

Watch the "April Fools" video from 11 seconds. If you notice on that screen when they have the man selecting the room the navigation looks different, maybe this was actually a teaser??

mtwjVWs - Habbo 4th April Announcement [FOLLOW LIVE] - RaGEZONE Forums

It looks like the new Homepage from https://www.habbo.com/credits and forward. Maybe launch of the new homepage and at the same time client version selection.
The new ":lang *" option make me think of a merge though.. hope not lol.

edit; the 'come see what's next'-image made me laugh, the user says 'cos i always get muted'... Bad Habbo! :p
edit2; no merge, thank god.
Emetophobic - Habbo 4th April Announcement [FOLLOW LIVE] - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very interesting! Looking forward to tune in tomorrow to watch the announcement. I wont speculate to much whats gonna happen, but I'm thinking a new website and possibly pick the hotel you want to play on. A new game engine would have been a huge and brave move from Sulake. But idk, kinda hard predict the future.

Back