Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Habbo's Reformed Moderation System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hi!

As the title says, it seems like Habbo getting a new moderation system.

As you see here you can see the new warning system:

Alozi - Habbo's Reformed Moderation System - RaGEZONE Forums

You can read more about it here:

Retired
Reaction score
About time...

jjDMRIm - Habbo's Reformed Moderation System - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I shouldn't abstract a real-life system onto something as complex and mundane as an online game like Habbo, and perhaps this is actually an improvement, but it sounds a lot like the 1990s 3-strikes rule that filled US jails to the brim. 6 offenses isn't that much.

Also, why don't they use mutes instead of bans? All bans do is allow for creations of alt accounts, and a mute would still allow for money to flow.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Perhaps I shouldn't abstract a real-life system onto something as complex and mundane as an online game like Habbo, and perhaps this is actually an improvement, but it sounds a lot like the 1990s 3-strikes rule that filled US jails to the brim. 6 offenses isn't that much.

Also, why don't they use mutes instead of bans? All bans do is allow for creations of alt accounts, and a mute would still allow for money to flow.
Well, how long are they going to mute you for? If they mute you for an hour, then there's no lesson learned. If they mute you for a day, still no real lesson learned. And as far as anyone who's actually paying money, a week may get them to be a bit more cautious, but still it's probably not going to stop them from acting like a stick. Anything beyond a few weeks is just annoying, and if it's setup this way for even the smallest violations, it won't be long until you just say duck it.

I actually like the new system as long as they truly plan to stick by it. I think it's stupid that if you broke a rule once you could be banned until Ducking 2022 like I'm really going to play Habbo when I'm 26 years old. It's a virtual game, I didn't commit war crimes, I advertised a retro. This system at least allows for an extra chance, if they stick to it and apply it to all rules not just the minor violations.

I do understand what you are saying though, it can cause problems down the line as far as too many people being banned and become an annoyance to the point where more people quit.

If you ever want someone to quit, call Sulake, they'll do it for free.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, how long are they going to mute you for? If they mute you for an hour, then there's no lesson learned. If they mute you for a day, still no real lesson learned. And as far as anyone who's actually paying money, a week may get them to be a bit more cautious, but still it's probably not going to stop them from acting like a stick. Anything beyond a few weeks is just annoying, and if it's setup this way for even the smallest violations, it won't be long until you just say duck it.

I actually like the new system as long as they truly plan to stick by it. I think it's stupid that if you broke a rule once you could be banned until Ducking 2022 like I'm really going to play Habbo when I'm 26 years old. It's a virtual game, I didn't commit war crimes, I advertised a retro. This system at least allows for an extra chance, if they stick to it and apply it to all rules not just the minor violations.

I do understand what you are saying though, it can cause problems down the line as far as too many people being banned and become an annoyance to the point where more people quit.

If you ever want someone to quit, call Sulake, they'll do it for free.

Uh..that's the reason they banned you until 2026. They know nobody's sticking around until 2026. They don't want you back.

If you think that a ban gets people to quit being pricks, then you're blind to the nature of Habbo's demographic. I hope you don't actually think bans have an impact on one's behavior, lol...

Rogu3
Reaction score
Uh..that's the reason they banned you until 2026. They know nobody's sticking around until 2026. They don't want you back.

If you think that a ban gets people to quit being pricks, then you're blind to the nature of Habbo's demographic. I hope you don't actually think bans have an impact on one's behavior, lol...
Well, if that's the case, why bother doing anything to the nature or degree of discipline? Why waste time and money with moderators or moderation at all if you're just losing your user base to any form of discipline? I'm not saying that a ban will stop someone from coming back and just doing the same thing. However, if someone actually cares about keeping their account, with this system in place, it could cause them to be more careful. If someone just continues to break rules, then this system works perfectly. It's just enough threshold for people to get their act together. At the end of the day, those who are pricks will continue to be pricks.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, if that's the case, why bother doing anything to the nature or degree of discipline? Why waste time and money with moderators or moderation at all if you're just losing your user base to any form of discipline? I'm not saying that a ban will stop someone from coming back and just doing the same thing. However, if someone actually cares about keeping their account, with this system in place, it could cause them to be more careful. If someone just continues to break rules, then this system works perfectly. It's just enough threshold for people to get their act together. At the end of the day, those who are pricks will continue to be pricks.

Indeed that makes more sense. At the end of the day, too, I think it'd be more cost-effective to have a lot less moderation. ACTUAL harassment (racism, threats, third-party-bullying) and child predators should be the only priorities for moderators, and wasting their time banning people for having arguments not inspired by those themes is a dumb move. Then again, I suppose not many people actually use the CFH system well enough for them to prioritize like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back