Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Hacks]Hacking Most Consols (NEW: ADDING IPHONE APPS TO IPOD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Guys, In this thread ill explain to you how to Install Hacks to your Ipod Touch, Iphone, PSP and Soon more!

First of all Ill start with the Ipod since i just hacked mine!

ATTENTION : YOUR IPOD CANNOT BE BRICKED. IF YOU DO THIS WRONG PRESS THE SLEEP AWAKE BUTTON AND THE HOME BUTTON TOGTHER FOR 25-30 SECONDES AND YOUR IPOD WILL ACCESE RECOVERY MODE!

BEFORE YOU DO THIS GO ON ITUNES AND MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK : OPEN ITUNES WHEN IPOD IS CONNECTED

Requirments for the Hacking are :

PREREQUISITES
-------------

* .NET Framework 3.0
- Downloadable at

* iPod 1.1.1 firmware installed
- Check on your iPod, Settings->General->About to see what version you have.

* A copy of iTunes installed on your computer that is able to sync with your iPod

* Exit out of iTunes. Using Task Manager (ctrl-alt-delete), end any other iTunes processes running on
your computer, such as iTunesHelper.exe, or iPodService.exe.
OPTIONAL PREPARATION
-----------

* Restore your iPod to a fresh 1.1.1 state (recommended)

1.) THE FILE!

Ok First off all I want you guys to download this file..

2.)The IPOD JailBreak

To Jailbreak the ipod itself you must visit this site ON YOUR IPOD!!!!!@$!#%!@$%!#$% :

It will start loading the page then it will shut down Safari. Do not restart or lock or exit or touch safari, The Next thing you do is : (MAKE SURE YOU'VE CONNECTED THE USB) Shut down itunes from the task manager and close all programs that have apple, ipod and itunes in em (from the taskmanager). Next find the folder you installed the file i told you to download and run the exe in it. Make sure you run the program called Touchfree GUI.

It's going to read the ipod flash image, LEAVE IT BE don't touch anything on your computer. Once it sais to Restart your ipod Hold the sleep awake button until you get the whole slide to turn off crap. NOw turn the ipod on and press enter (it's going to tell you to press enter after you restarted it.) only when you see the GUI (Graphics User Interface) not when there's the apple logo. It's going to tell you to do that a few times (3 i think).

Once your done, Your going to see 2 new icons, one called installer and anthor called SMBPrefs.

Now open installer, and scroll down till you find Community Sources, This will allow the ipod to Run native 3rd party applications.
Now you can go threw the stuff and choose what you want!

SMBPrefs, Is the prefs for summerboard, It baiscly allows you to change icons and the wallpaper of the ipod touch! here's an example of my ipod ;)

Omer - [Hacks]Hacking Most Consols (NEW: ADDING IPHONE APPS TO IPOD) - RaGEZONE Forums

like it?

That's it for the ipod touch!

Going to write a guide about how to add IPHONE Apps like mail stocks maps and weather ;)

IPHONE APPS ON THE ITOUCH!

You must have jail broken your ipod to do this ;D

Okay, here is a guide for those who wants to get iPhone apps on the iPod touch

Use some FTP client that supports SFTP, in this way, permissions could be applied easily without a fuss. For Os X, use CyberDuck, remember to check the box "Apply permission recursively". For windows, try WS_FTP, it should work like cyber duck

to connect to your psp, go to general > Wifi > choose your connection > press the little blue arrow and enter the ip you see there.

your user and pass for the ipod are allways

Username : root
Pass : alpine

first, download this file:

OR

After unzip, there are eight files / folders in total, and place them on your iPod Touch as follow, replace if prompt.

**IMPORTANT, change file permission to 755 via ftp or ssh. REMEMBER, all files in folders and subfolders have to be in permission 755 for the apps to run properly**

Weather.app, MobileMail.app, Stock.app, Maps.app, MobileNotes to /Applications/

GMM.framework to Media_sym/System/Library/Frameworks/
Framework for Maps.app, MobileMail.app (Not sure if MobileMail need this tho, but I have GMM installed before installing MobileMail)

N45AP.plist to Media_sym/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
The file above is for enabling the add / edit calendar events

MobileMailSettings.bundle to Media_sym/System/Library/PreferenceBundles/
The file above is for MobileMail's accounts setting

Best advice for transferring the folders and files to ipod touch:

Use some FTP client that supports SFTP, in this way, permissions could be applied easily without a fuss. For Os X, use CyberDuck, remember to check the box "Apply permission recursively". For windows, try WS_FTP, it should work like cyber duck

Reboot and enjoy
Omer - [Hacks]Hacking Most Consols (NEW: ADDING IPHONE APPS TO IPOD) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am confused. Is this for iPod or iPod Touch? the first guide can this work on ipod nano or ipod video

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm receiving the ipod touch any day now..
What features does it have I'd like to know
And nice thread can't wait to do this on the iPod touch :p

Also, the difference between iPod touch and iPhone is iPhone has phone and iPod touch doesn't? That's what I've been told....

`Maxidex

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
the touch link or w/e is dead.

how can I do this?

`Maxidex

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is a much easier way if you already have 1.1.1 Just go to on your i-touch and install the apps at the bottom of the page and then your safari should crash and a download should start and you i-touch will restart and wallah you have the Installer App

And by the way you don't need a pc like the one above shows

Reaction score
There is a much easier way if you already have 1.1.1 Just go to on your i-touch and install the apps at the bottom of the page and then your safari should crash and a download should start and you i-touch will restart and wallah you have the Installer App

And by the way you don't need a pc like the one above shows

yeah i seriously need to update this lol :p

Moo

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm stuck at step 0: Get an iPhone. (lol)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Umm That site dosent work anymore. Change it to

your tutorial is horrible. Theres much easier ways...
aswell as 1.1.3 is Jb'd with the apps.

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The entire guide can pretty much be rewritten to just be a link to . Unlocks all iPhone/iTouch firmwares including 1.1.4 and 2.0.0 (1.2.0).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hmm would this work on ipod nano or only ipod touch?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i can software mod an original xbox if u want me too, pm me and ill tell u how, or if u live in the bahamas, pm me and u can bring it to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back