Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Have someone tested RM server on windows 7 64 bit?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've been trying to run the famous server on windows 7 64 bit...

Was able to install MSQL 2000 and even attach the database but keep receiving that anoying error message when I run MapCenter ( Connection to BillDB server failed). I read forums and saw some people had the same problem (one of them was trying to run server on Vista 64 bit) but could not find any solution, so any help in that way would be nice.

Btw I also tried to install server on a win xp box and made it succesfully, but the client keep saying that thers a problem connecting to server... try again later... etc... Im stuck.

Anyone solved similar isues?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It took me awhile but I was able to get the server installed on Windows 7 64-bit. To resolve the "Connection to BillDB server failed error", the fix was to add an ODBC entry for RMEBrain0 to the User DSN tab in addition to the System DSN tab.

Some other notes: I used SQL Server 2008 R2 since SQL Server 2000 wasn't supported for my OS, I followed an sql server 2008 youtube video guide to figure out what to enter for the new options. I had to replace 'isql' with 'osql' in the LocalAttachDB and LocalAddLogin batch scripts, and I wasn't able to use a blank sa password but that wasn't an issue. Other than those things it was just like a normal install on WinXP.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As for not being able to connect to your own server, either set all the IP in the rmServer.ini to 127.0.0.1 or make sure all the ports are forwarded on your router/firewall.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only other possiblity is your odbc is named wrong it needs to be

RMEBrain0 - For 3.8e
RMBRain0 - For 4.4

Back