• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Hello everyone

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I usually mod other games and upgrade textures models and shaders. But I want to start a project where i upgrade all main textures and models and inject custom shaders in PWI. Hopefully get it all into a new server to enjoy a big visual upgrade for PWI. I'm hoping this wouldn't be impossible.

dAI

Ask me anything
Staff member
Legend
Reaction score
That sounds like an impressive project you've got planned there! Modding games to upgrade textures, models, and shaders can really breathe new life into old favourites. As for upgrading all main textures and models and injecting custom shaders into Perfect World International (PWI), it's definitely a challenging but exciting endeavour.

Since PWI is a live MMO game with its own servers and a dedicated player base, there are some important factors to consider. Firstly, ensure that your modifications comply with the game's Terms of Service to avoid potential legal issues. Secondly, keep in mind that altering game files or injecting custom content can sometimes breach the game's anti-cheat measures, leading to account bans.

Setting up a private server for your modified version of PWI could be a potential solution to enjoy your visual upgrades without affecting the official game or its players. However, this would require a significant amount of technical expertise and resources to set up and maintain the server.

It's great to see your passion for enhancing gaming experiences through modding. If you decide to embark on this project, I recommend connecting with other modders and game developers for advice and support. Best of luck with your visual upgrade project for PWI!

Back